Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock a Stunning Villa, Mount & Pet during the Summerfall Event"

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    So if we hit the 100% goal..... EVERYONE with summerset that has logged into the game since summerset dropped will get the house for free......

Am I the only one that kinda mad about this? Like Ive been planning on buying that house for months now have already bought the crowns for that house and now just ANYONE WITH SUMMERSET might have that house

What the hell is the point of owning an awesome amazing house if everyone and there mom owns it........

1) Yes, you are the only one mad about it.

2) Because everyone and their mom is better than you because they're at least better people than you.

Have a nice day, and by "nice" I mean more complaining which you seem to enjoy so it would be a nice day for you.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    So if we hit the 100% goal..... EVERYONE with summerset that has logged into the game since summerset dropped will get the house for free......
    Am I the only one that kinda mad about this? Like Ive been planning on buying that house for months now have already bought the crowns for that house and now just ANYONE WITH SUMMERSET might have that house
    What the hell is the point of owning an awesome amazing house if everyone and there mom owns it........
    There are now two houses in Summerset, plus the apartment in Alinor. You seem to be thinking of the *other* large, nice house in Summerset.
    The house for the event is on Artaeum, inside the Psijiic College.

I know what house you mean, i just saying like who wants the exact same house as everyone and they did that to an amazing house, its a waste

Every....last...house...is the exact same as every....other...copy...of that same house.
    You're customer 5000 of 10000 on every house purchase so you'll never be exclusive.

Welcome to how businesses work.

You want to be exclusive? Try to be a professional sports player in that sport's Hall of Fame. That's about the only way these days.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I read this news post the first thing I thought was that after the event forums would be flooded with threads of angry people asking for the collectibles saying that it's unfair that one couldn't have them only because one wasn't there at the right time, followed by threads of angry people saying that giving access to the formerly exclusive collectibles to latecomers cheapens them. Because that's how it goes.

I haven't predicted your kind of complaint, shame on me.

Mmm, let me see... Maybe owning an awesome amazing house (and furnishing as you see fit) is the point? Regardless of how many other guys own it?

As others have written, probably the point of this event is letting those of us that already own Summerset to reach the target for the house (thus I think it won't be an impossible target to reach) to entice other players to buy the chapter within the time limit with the collectibles; which, by the way, is fine by me if it brings more players/money to a game that I enjoy and keeps it alive.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    @SantieClaws , depending on your platform, I'd be honored to taxi you around the islands
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on September 19, 2018 8:25AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Santie Claws, depending on your platform, I'd be honored to taxi you around the islands

Khajiit is in PC Tamriel. This one has already completed the deed in the EU dimension but will need to hire another apprentice to do so in the US one.

This one expects it will be the weekend before she gets chance to start though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

…. because there aren't enough exclusive homes for you already???
    or because you only get enjoyment out of seeing other people NOT have something?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will be on NA server today where I usually dont play due to timezone. Come on guys let's push this!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if I am an ESO+ subscriber who owns Summerset and has only ever played on my NA PS4 account... if I create an EU account, does my ESO+ and Summerset carry over to that side?

If you own it you can access it from any server. I'm playing on NA today and I'm a EU player. But you start from scratch, nothing else crosses.
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 19, 2018 9:23AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

or because you only get enjoyment out of seeing other people NOT have something?

look I have linchal now and when ever someone visits I get something to the effect of "omg wow your home is amazing". ive spent nearly a year working on that since it was first released. Ive been planning on getting the villa since i first found out about it. have been looking forward to spending a very long time working on it. now tho its just like i dont even feel like putting the time into it because instead of getting "wow you home is amazing" or "omg your house is so beautiful" its just gunna be "hey i really like what you did with the villa, why didnt i do that with mine" or "well i havent seen this done to the villa before"
    Edited by ezio45 on September 19, 2018 9:43AM
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look I have linchal now and when ever someone visits I get something to the effect of "omg wow your home is amazing" ive spent nearly a year working on that since it was first released. Ive been planning on getting the villa since i first found out about it. have been looking forward to spending a very long time working on it. now tho its just like i dont even feel like putting the time into it because instead of getting "wow you home is amazing" or "omg your house is so beautiful" its just gunna be "hey i really like what you did with the villa, why didnt i do that with mine" or "well i havent seen this done to the villa before"

I think you'll get the same reactions for the new villa, if we reach the target and get it.
    I know that even if I get the house I won't be able to furnish it, not in a long time (I'm taking my time furnishing Moonmirth House and the Snugpod for my two most used chars, to put that in perspective), and I think that the same will go for most of the other people: dedicated home owners are a niche group in the game, I think.
    PC EU

• Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    So Khajiit wonders - what can we Summerset overachivers do to help those trying to catch up?

Well we can stand at wayshrines and let them port to us.

We can shout encouraging things in zone chat in Summerset.

We can shout other things in the zone chat of other areas.

Ummm - any other suggestions yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

We can also dance, play instruments, give speed boosts, launch dazzlers, give out cake, throw cherry blossoms, etc. We can to a lot to boost our fellow achievement hunters morale!
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    better put:

I want everyone who really loves this house and is dying to have it to get it and do amazing impressive things to with it. Not every single person thats just gunna slap some decorations up and then go look at the previously mentioned players work and be like "Thats pretty cool but ive seen the villa before or have it too"
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to say that this is an awesome thing you have set up with all servers and platforms working together, thank you so much and it will be really fun seeing the progress every day <3:)
  • Alwayshappy
    Zypheran wrote: »

look I have linchal now and when ever someone visits I get something to the effect of "omg wow your home is amazing". ive spent nearly a year working on that since it was first released. Ive been planning on getting the villa since i first found out about it. have been looking forward to spending a very long time working on it. now tho its just like i dont even feel like putting the time into it because instead of getting "wow you home is amazing" or "omg your house is so beautiful" its just gunna be "hey i really like what you did with the villa, why didnt i do that with mine" or "well i havent seen this done to the villa before"

Uhm. You do know there are a ton of people who also own the Linchal manor, right? No house in the game is unique. It's what you make of it that gets you compliments (if you're looking for that..). I own the Hundings Palace. A lot of people have it. I still get ''your house is beatiful'' comments. If you want to be unique you need to work for it, ya know?

The Psijic place is an amazing home. I was also planning to get it. My response to this news? ''YES, it saves me some crowns'' AND a ''yay, I'm happy everyone will be able to get it''. It always sucks when people miss out on houses they want. So yeah, I'm just happy for them.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    There are now two houses in Summerset, plus the apartment in Alinor. You seem to be thinking of the *other* large, nice house in Summerset.

I know what house you mean, i just saying like who wants the exact same house as everyone and they did that to an amazing house, its a waste

It boggles the mind that anyone would complain about this.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »

It boggles the mind that anyone would complain about this.

Indeed. This is great for newer travellers. This gives them, potentially, a place to put down roots in Tamriel. Something to get them interested in housing. A place to show off their trophies. A little bit of the world to call their own - somewhere they belong. A reason to stay and something to keep them busy when a little questing fatigue sets in.

How can this be a bad thing for Tamriel overall?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious, what does the villa actually look like? I did the achievement yesterday just to help out the count.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I’m curious, what does the villa actually look like? I did the achievement yesterday just to help out the count.

You can preview it. Go to the college in Atraeum and (I think this is right but I'm doing this from memory which is spotty at best, lol) take the first set of stairs to the left, out the door and there will be a portal nearby that will take you into the house.

The place is huge and beautiful. I hope we can get it :smiley:

I'm going to venture onto the PS4 EU server for the first time and get the achievement there. Then when the full game plus Summerset goes on sale for PC I'll get it for both servers there. I always wanted to try the PC version, mainly for the PTS.

I already had the achievement for PS4 NA.

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually love visiting the same houses decorated by different players. Everyone has a different vision that is so much fun to see!
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I'd like to thank ZOS for putting this together, with pretty great rewards. For those who missed the link on the event page, the answers to most questions are here: https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

It's per account, pictures of rewards, all platforms considered together, it does not mean 100% of the people who own Summerset.

It's a super easy achievement, so my "question" is, how is it possible that at the time of the announcement, only 20% of people that own Summerset have gotten the achievement? It's ridiculously easy!!! C'mon community, we can do this!!!!
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    1) Yes, you are the only one mad about it.

Yeeeep.

People stomp and wail and scream that OOOOOOH ZOS are such a bunch of greedy money grabbing capitalists, everything is so expensive, there shouldn't be a cash shop, on and on and...

And then they offer something FANTASTIC for free. Absolutely free. All you have to do is run around and tag 10 eyeballs on a map. It takes 20 mins. And they're STILL screaming? Because... well now since it's free, everyone will get it and I don't feel special anymore?

Are you serious right now?

Newsflash: Some of us own every house. Some of us own all but a few limited time ones. 99.998% of us are happy when other people get to have nice things too and come run around and see their house because they are so excited, even though we have the same house.

Then there's Mr. .002% over here whining.

Please stop. Or, at least, keep it to yourself. Otherwise, you just announce yourself as an entitled screaming snowflake.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    LordLomax wrote: »
    Well looks like be creating new account on na server with no horse etc gonna be long walk lol

If you got the horse from the boxed Imperial Edition (i.e., if you got it outside fo the Crown Store), the horse from the Morrowind Collector's Edition, the horse from the Summerset Collector's Edition, or the Ice Wolf mount from this year's BE3 event, all of those will show up on the other side of the Atlantic.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!

I thought my new baby EU character would be traipsing around everywhere on foot, but I did do the Collector's Edition of Summerset, so at least they'll have that to run (slowly) around on. LOL

Oh, wonder if the folks who had preordered Summerset and got that Nightmare Senche means their Senche would show up across the pond as well? Or if it's just that Bloodwraith horsey that came with the Collector's Edition.

Nightmare Senche does not show up cross platform (at least for me on PS4), but the Yokudan Charger does. I believe that was free from the Skyrim re-release.

This is false. I play PS4 NA primarily, Went to EU for this achievement yesterday and had access to my Nightmare Senche, My Bloodwraith horse, and my Yokudan Charger horse from Skyrim.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not 'owning' the house that makes it unique, it's how you furnish it (it comes unfurnished). If we do get the house you will be in a position most of us won't ... you will have a stockpile of unspent crowns to splurge on the type of furnishings you want to create an awesome and unique interior!
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Throwing a zillion empty houses into the market *might* let crafted housing items be in high demand afterwards.
    So, actually good news for all thoses crafters out there.
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know how often the site updates the % ?

It's still showing 20%, however, the sheer amount of players doing this last night, it has to have gone up :smile:
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know how often the site updates the % ?

It's still showing 20%, however, the sheer amount of players doing this last night, it has to have gone up :smile:

The counter will update once a day, but only during the event (ie. it will stay at 20% until tomorrow).
    PC EU

• corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    I already had the achievment on Xbox Na, so i dusted off my pc account and now have the achievment on PC NA and PC EU. Looks like I'll have to make an Xbox EU account. Gotta get that free stuff...............
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive liked this house and wanted to get it since it was first discovered but like whats the point if every single one of my friends is gunna have the exact same house that I have.

like they took something impressive and made it average

Maybe they could add a 1 second cast time to enter for you! :D
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like this. Great idea.

I think this is the first comment where someone actually said they liked this event. I was pretty excited when I read about it, only to come to the forums and see a bunch of questions (understandable) and a bunch of naysayers. This is a great event, but instead of excitement, many initial posts were so negative (the ones that weren't questions - again it's understandable to want clarification).

I agree with others that this event is intended to be a fun, community event, and also designed to generate sales. I really think that it's their intention for us to achieve this. And, as someone else pointed out, the time to achieve the goal ends BEFORE the qualification period to get the free items. So, it seems that the intention is for the community to achieve the goal and then generate more sales at the end, 'cuz people who haven't yet bought it, may well do so with the sale price plus some additional collectibles, including a notable home.

ETA: Not sure how I missed this announcement yesterday. I usually have chat off, so I didn't see anything about this in-game and I wasn't in SS. I logged in on both PC and XB yesterday for my daily rewards, but that was about it. I don't know if I have this achieve on XB NA, but I know I don't have it on PC NA. I'll also be creating my first characters on both EU servers for this. Reading another post, it sounds like yesterday was a lot of fun in SS.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 19, 2018 5:18PM
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players are really excited about this event. I only had 2 locations not visited and finished it yesterday. Summerset was packed! Players in zone chat were very excited. I stood around for a while porting people to Artaeum.

Players follow the rewards … a proven premise in MMO's. This is a really good idea. I've heard 8 players saying they were buying Summerset. And yes this will generate sales for ZOS. Some of you act like that's a bad thing. MMO's have to generate revenues. They don't exist to provide free entertainment. You do get quite a bit in the free version.

And Summerset is absolutely beautiful. Worth the money.

Edited by darvaria on September 19, 2018 4:46PM