Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Animations are about to get an upgrade...

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so excited!!! I have no clue how it's going to work, nor how to animate ... but I could tear a pillow to shreads right now, in anticipation of what this will mean to home designers.

Thank you for your hard work! <3
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how you managed this, but fantastic work. :smile:
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Amaaazing :)

could you please add one feature? make auto recording of animation backwards.

example: you make a gate slide open, if you also want to make the gate close again (make sense?) then you need to manually make new recording in reverse every time.

GJ keep it up :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W T F . . .

This is crazy for an add-on to be able to do. Have you tried a general application to ZOS? They're recruiting. :sweat_smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    wonder if @ZOS_GinaBruno ever saw anything this addon can do, its stunning.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K ... once again, you have taken my breath away...
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    you asked, so I made my very first video ever lolz :)

https://youtu.be/jCAGjy4gIOE
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see one of your videos I feel inspired to do something new and exciting with my manor. Now if only my skill set allowed me to follow through.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this PTS updated, making use of the new grouping function?

Impressive stuff, as always.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "get ready to make a scene"

<groooaaannnn>

You still get an insightful for being the rockstar of housing.

Edited by Wreuntzylla on September 20, 2018 3:57PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharalei wrote: »
    I'm so excited!!! I have no clue how it's going to work, nor how to animate ... but I could tear a pillow to shreads right now, in anticipation of what this will mean to home designers.

Thank you for your hard work! <3

@Sharalei Thank you so much! And this is made possible using the new Furniture Linking feature that ZOS has delivered unto us (thank you @ZOS_ChipHilseberg again, if I haven't said it enough already).
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, as I have been reading through your responses, I thought I would just explain a little more:

On the PTS, the new Furniture Linking feature allows you to create a parent-child link from one parent item to up to 50 child items. This is, of course, a tremendous win for Console players especially as it should give them the group editing that they sorely needed without the assistance of add-ons.

But I found in my testing that, even for PC players, this new feature is absolutely epic. By linking together multiple items, you can now animate the parent item with a Scene and all of the child items follow in relation to the parent. So, this will allow us to create Scenes with an unparalleled degree of frame-to-frame fidelity that, quite honestly, I never imagined would be possible.

As it stands today, I can animate up to 10 items per second (or the same item 10 times per second). This limit still holds in Murkmire; but, those 10 items can now be leveraged far better than today with this new Linking feature. And in the context of Magic Carpet - well, I don't think that I need to explain what kind of "carpets" you will be able to build once Murkmire drops... ;)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    Amaaazing :)

could you please add one feature? make auto recording of animation backwards.

example: you make a gate slide open, if you also want to make the gate close again (make sense?) then you need to manually make new recording in reverse every time.

GJ keep it up :)

I will actually add two new features for you since this not only makes sense, but I have found myself asking why I hadn't written something to do this yet when working on my own projects. :wink:

1. A new "Clone Reverse Scene" button (perhaps with a better name - TBD)
    2. A new option for the "Merge" button that will allow you to merge the additional scene onto the end of the current Scene (as opposed to how it functions today wherein the two Scenes are merged together side-by-side).

Keep an eye out for these in the Natch Potes <3 And thank you for the suggestion!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wha-- ... is this a fully operational port that I am seeing here? A[nimation]+ imho. By the way, did you leverage the new[ish] Merge button for this, did you record a Build's output, both - or was this purely done by hand? Just curious :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    W T F . . .

This is crazy for an add-on to be able to do. Have you tried a general application to ZOS? They're recruiting. :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much :smiley: I'll be honest, I would love to work at ZOS. And if it were to work on this part of the platform, that would be thoroughly awesome. With that said, I did not realize that they were recruiting Devs at the moment. I will take a look at the postings - thank you for the heads up! <3
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »

Wha-- ... is this a fully operational port that I am seeing here? A[nimation]+ imho. By the way, did you leverage the new[ish] Merge button for this, did you record a Build's output, both - or was this purely done by hand? Just curious :smile:

yeah, bridge can also be moved up and down, linked to column with moving block (forgot name)

boats was just a test, 2 separate scenes merged, done manual (im an old man and learning slow but works !)
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    W T F . . .

Thank you so much :smiley: I'll be honest, I would love to work at ZOS. And if it were to work on this part of the platform, that would be thoroughly awesome. With that said, I did not realize that they were recruiting Devs at the moment. I will take a look at the postings - thank you for the heads up! <3

Just curious, how many interesting hooks were in the API before you started demonstrating the functionality of your addon? Outside of simple position type hooks?

I suspect not many and I further suspect that they are now adding animation hooks based on what you are doing with your addons. There aren't many companies out there that won't take a run at seeing if they can hire the person that is driving their development.

• Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I really need to install this addon asap!

Bump, because this needs to be on top :-) !
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you again so much @R_K

Here's a little video I put together of my first two attempts using EHT for animations.
    I absolutely love how the sky is the limit in terms of creativity!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Szg0lzHT0IQ

Edited by Delphinia on September 23, 2018 6:05AM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

Here's a little video I put together of my first two attempts using EHT for animations.

nice video :)

showed animations to dozens of ppl in my houses, all say "woha! I need to start using that addon!"
    week later none of them made something, think its just fear that its rocketscience..

but it's not!! wonder when we can see few hundred more video's to steal ideas from :open_mouth:
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

nice video :)
    showed animations to dozens of ppl in my houses, all say "woha! I need to start using that addon!"
    week later none of them made something, think its just fear that its rocketscience..

but it's not!! wonder when we can see few hundred more video's to steal ideas from :open_mouth:

Thank you kindly :)
    Likewise! I really love what you did with your boat animations! B)
    You’ve inspired me to go out and buy more of those.
    The entire scene looks amazing; I’d love to visit and see it in person if you wouldn’t mind.
    Edited by Delphinia on September 23, 2018 3:16PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @Delphinia ty and you are welcome to visit, but that house is a test house, never decorated that over 25% :expressionless:

my main is CH one, been testing there also with addon, will make video of that one, looks bit better
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really impressive! Very well done!
    Love that bookcase moving too! I just finished doing one in my haunted castle and you're welcome to stop by and check it out anytime :)
    thank you for sharing these vids!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I am just catching up on the forums but what you have done is amazing! You are making use of a bunch of different trigger types too, I see... :smile: /proud ! :-P
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and might I add, you should be so proud of what you built as well @Delphinia ! Both of your houses look awesome as do the animations and triggers :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W T F . . .

Just curious, how many interesting hooks were in the API before you started demonstrating the functionality of your addon? Outside of simple position type hooks?

I suspect not many and I further suspect that they are now adding animation hooks based on what you are doing with your addons. There aren't many companies out there that won't take a run at seeing if they can hire the person that is driving their development.

and I just saw this too by the way...
    First, thank you so much.

To answer your question, the API was pretty basic in terms of being able to do anything dynamic with your house. But I think I was able to do quite a bit with just the 2 functions: one to get an item's current position and one to move an item; so I suppose tons of functions weren't needed to achieve what the first few generations of Essential Housing Tools did.

Also, to be fair, Chip at ZOS has been super awesome about considering my feedback and has delivered new functions that I have requested with each major release. For example, the addition of the functions to get an interactive item's state as well as to set it. After he added those, I was then able to build all of the cool home automation features in Essential for lights, switches and the like (and why I also finally implemented my overall idea for Triggers). So I am totally thankful for that "partnership" of sorts because it helps everyone have more fun with housing! :smiley:

With that said, I think I am definitely going to apply in light of @Turelus comment as I hadn't realized that there were positions available.
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Still need more items for large housing
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shiningforce you are right...there are some good posts on this topic. The below being just one of many.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418234/examples-of-how-zos-can-increase-house-furniture-slots#latest
    Edited by Delphinia on September 24, 2018 12:16PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and might I add, you should be so proud of what you built as well @Delphinia ! Both of your houses look awesome as do the animations and triggers :wink:
    Thank you kindly @R_K :)
    I’ve been thinking of doing this for a while now, but somehow real life has a nasty habit of getting in my way.
    I have to tell you I’m addicted.
    I am currently working on the séance/poltergeist room in my “Haunted Castle”. If you are interested, I would appreciate your feedback:)
    And you can always stay for dinner...I’m pretty sure the “head” chef would love to try a new recipe out on you. ;)
    Edited by Delphinia on September 24, 2018 12:15PM