The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crouch API question

kookster
kookster
✭✭✭✭
So I know there is the event OnStealthStateChanged which triggers when you are no longer invisible, visible, or almost visible. I am wondering if there is a event or method that you can use to tell if you are crouched while invisible using like a potion or NB stealth ability. If not then I guess this is a request.
Potato Pact - PC NA
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also as a note GetUnitStealthState(string unitTag) does not return any of a difference while you are invisible and crouched vs invisible and not crouched.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base game functions for "special moves" (including crouch) are private and thus you are not able to access, use or prehook etc. them:
    * OnSpecialMoveKeyPressed *private* (*[SpecialMove|#SpecialMove]* _moveIndex_)

* OnSpecialMoveKeyDown *private* (*[SpecialMove|#SpecialMove]* _moveIndex_)

* OnSpecialMoveKeyUp *private* (*[SpecialMove|#SpecialMove]* _moveIndex_)

SpecialMove:
    h5. SpecialMove
    * SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_BLOCK
    * SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_CROUCH
    * SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_INTERRUPT
    * SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_ROLL_DODGE
    * SPECIAL_MOVE_INDEX_SPRINT

Taken from ESOUIDocumentationP20.txt from the forums at www.esoui.com

So I think there is currently no way to differ between crouched and non-crouched stealth. Only stealth or no stealth.
    And there is no way to acieve this via the API, you'd need to aks Zos about a new function like IsPlayerCrouching()
    Edited by Baertram on September 18, 2018 1:06PM
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I feared, thanks for the confirmation.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there's no easy way to get the information, but it is possible through an indirect method. You will need to check to see if an invisibility potion effect is currently active, as well as if an effect from the NB skill is active. There also might be some kind of buff effect you can check for to see if the player is crouching.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    After looping through all of my buffs using: GetUnitBuffInfo("player", index) I couldnt find a buff for being crouched.
    Potato Pact - PC NA