Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch 4.1.6 - What about the other bugs in March of Sacrifices?

• LtBottle
    LtBottle
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if today's patch changed something but we encountered soooo much stranglers today, it was incredible.

4 alive everytime hunt phase or not.

up to 8 during hunts... sometimes we tried to revive our mates, they were hard controled again instant. nothing they can do. no dodge, no block...

This is just so unforgiving...
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was reported confirmed by zos that stranglers out of hunt was a bug and therefore getting multiples of stranglers at each spawn point is also a bug....how about they do something about it. Of course, bugs going unfixed in dlc dungeons....havent seen that before.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snegurd wrote: »
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    For what it's worth, even though a mechanic may be intended, that does not mean we will not continue to evaluate it. So please, by all means, keep providing feedback on pain points and mechanics that are giving you trouble.

As an example, we are taking a look at the fear that happens at the start of the hunt phase. We are evaluating if that is needed given how the encounter plays out and balancing it against the sense of helplessness when you get feared into a fire trail or lightning water.

And yes, we are also evaluating Fiery Remnant's damage being amplified at the start of the hunt.

While I don't think this is a well balanced hard-mode (the hunt phase is much, much harder than anything else in the dungeon) there are no individual mechanics that seem unfair. The stranglers are particularly annoying, but force the group to work together to free people (although I have noticed a bug where I am able to break free on my own seemingly at random). The wolves snare means the DPS have to continue doing damage and the environmental damage can be healed through. It's just the combination of everything that makes it very challenging.

That being said, almost everyone I've spoken to who has cleared MoS hm has skipped the first 3 hunt phases using the exploit mentioned above. I think it says something about the lack of balance when the only feasible way of completing the hard mode is through an exploit.

We didn't skip any hunt phases when we passed it. We randomly skipped a phase now and then on failed attempts though.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    For what it's worth, even though a mechanic may be intended, that does not mean we will not continue to evaluate it. So please, by all means, keep providing feedback on pain points and mechanics that are giving you trouble.

As an example, we are taking a look at the fear that happens at the start of the hunt phase. We are evaluating if that is needed given how the encounter plays out and balancing it against the sense of helplessness when you get feared into a fire trail or lightning water.

And yes, we are also evaluating Fiery Remnant's damage being amplified at the start of the hunt.

@ZOS_Finn Our group has tried vMoS Hardmode since console release, 4 times, each for hours at a time. We can't get through one single hunt phase. We have done ALL other vet hardmodes. Something is vastly wrong with these mechanics.

I think the biggest issue is total lack of skill involved in the hunt phase. You can be perfect and avoid wolves, fire dot, boss attacks, poison, lightning water. But then get grabbed by 3 stranglers at a time. I think they need to get reworked massively.

At least on 10 different occasions we would see 6 sets of eyes in the dark, assume it's the direwolves, then realize it's 3 stranglers all stacked up! Like why? They shouldn't spawn in groups....Its terribly broken.

We have no addons on console for the fire dot. How can we dodge something we can't see? Even with subtitles it's not possible to avoid it everytime. The guy setting the traps talking over laps Balorgh's dialog. Thus preventing the subtitles from properly portraying. There needs to be a base dialog pop up warning us like fire shulks in vBRF.

I have done vMA flawlessly. Thats because the mechanics can be learned and mastered. These currently cannot. The mechanics are a vastly overtuned skilless rng mess that most importantly, just isn't fun.

This needs looked at and rebalanced. I will not buy another dungeon dlc if this is what we can expect.
    Edited by Ertthewolf on September 17, 2018 3:54AM
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    My take is this: Fang Lair hardmode is harder than vDSA. But vMoS hardmode is 10 times harder than that! It’s fine until the hunt phase happens, but why does there have to be so much *** happening during this phase that it’s virtually impossible for console players with no addons?

I mean, we have four indestructible bosses with one shot heavy attacks that can hit you from 20 yards away. They all still do all their other mechanics in the hunt phase. And you can’t see any of it happening. We have dire wolves, stranglers, electrified water, poisonous islands, fire trails, fire dots, and a waterfall that’ll instakill you if you touch it.

Not to mention that the developers couldn’t even complete it themselves. It’s not fun to play! Why would we even do it?! I say pick a mechanic or two and toss it! But if this is the direction the dungeon gameplay is headed, I don’t know how much longer I’ll stick with it...which is a shame because I really love the werewolf in this game. Oh and fix their resistances while we’re at it.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ertthewolf Although I agree that the stranglers are overtuned, there are ways to deal with them. I strongly advise that people run some sort of CC ability; Shock Touch, Rune Cage, or Time Stop are all effective at neutralizing stranglers before they can grapple someone. If you get stranglers that spawn outside of a hunt (which is a bug according to ZOS), kill them before entering the hunt, so you don't get multiple stranglers at one location.
    Edited by code65536 on September 17, 2018 10:29AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I've had success dropping time stop on strangler spawns as we approach and leave them
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    @Ertthewolf Although I agree that the stranglers are overtuned, there are ways to deal with them. I strongly advise that people run some sort of CC ability; Shock Touch, Rune Cage, or Time Stop are all effective at neutralizing stranglers before they can grapple someone. If you get stranglers that spawn outside of a hunt (which is a bug according to ZOS), kill them before entering the hunt, so you don't get multiple stranglers at one location.

@code65536

Yeah, cc helps. I run a wolf build. The fear helps a ton. It sets them off balance for my burst. The issue is having no consistency with how the hunt goes each time. We might have a real close run, then next wipe and repeat it's all bad rng.
    Edited by Ertthewolf on September 17, 2018 12:02PM
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I have better luck in my pvp set up then pve it seems. All heavy for better sustain on my heal. It's just way too unbalanced.