The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't decide which colour hair to choose

Munise
Munise
This might sound strange but i just can't decide which dunmer hair colour should i pick. I've always loved white hair and I would almost every time choose it when creating a character in other games. However it's different with dunmer because im not sure if it's lore friendly for dunmer to have white hair. Not just hair which turned white because of their age but white hair since their birth. There are so many black haired dunmer so i might just choose this colour instead of white. But i can't just make up my mind. Could you guys help me decide ?

Best Answers

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main Dunmer has a rust coloured brown/red-ish tone that I think fits her nicely. My other Dunmer also generally stick to rust coloured hair, it just seems to fit them better. White hair reminds me a little too much of the Drow from Forgotten Realms I guess.
    Answer ✓
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an example, by Dunmer's hair looks the same tone as the one here:

latest?cb=20140120120947
    Answer ✓
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U3H9n9f.png

Silver haired Dunmer with Silver eyes and pale gray skin, going for a look more toward Chimer than Dunmer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Answer ✓
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    MuniseChan wrote: »
    This might sound strange but i just can't decide which dunmer hair colour should i pick. I've always loved white hair and I would almost every time choose it when creating a character in other games. However it's different with dunmer because im not sure if it's lore friendly for dunmer to have white hair. Not just hair which turned white because of their age but white hair since their birth. There are so many black haired dunmer so i might just choose this colour instead of white. But i can't just make up my mind. Could you guys help me decide ?

Re lore-appropriateness, I encountered this white-haired NPC today whilst questing in Stonefalls. Admittedly it's sometimes difficult to determine how aged a mer is supposed to be, but she reads as younger rather than ancient-er:
    3q5qlvozuxe6.png
    Answer ✓
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    U3H9n9f.png

Silver haired Dunmer with Silver eyes and pale gray skin, going for a look more toward Chimer than Dunmer.

my main dunmer has white left bob hair and eyes and i like it very much. red hair in this game looks like brown/orange mix.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Dunmer with white hair in the Clockwork City, too.

In my opinion, they look amazing with white hair. :)
  • Grayfax
    Grayfax
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't exactly trying to match the Dark Brotherhood initiate outfit with my dunmer, but when I logged in and was testing costumes it was pretty much an exact match. I'm not usually one for red hair or eyes, but it totally worked on that one. I just was trying not to look quite so Drow this time... cause I usually am too close to that but it doesn't work out quite right so I end up not liking it.