The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Renewing ESO Plus subscription - "Billing Error" Loop

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

After 4+ years one would think that ZOS has since hired qualified professionals to correct or re-design its website with regard to transacting business with its cutomers, who pay for the software and services which ZOS apparently wants to sell. But one would be wrong.

I halted the ESO Plus subscription renewal, as I have done a few times in the past. When I attempt to renew the ESO Plus subscription, the website software still has the same issue that it has always had before. Namely, it insists that there is an error in my "billing address". The billing address has never changed, it remains the same as it has been during the past 4 years.

Unless and until the website accepts my billing address as correct, and completes the transaction, I see no reason to pay ZOS any more of my money for an ESO Plus subscription -- or for anything else. If you want my money, then at least hire competent people to design, implement, and operate your Internet commerce UI.

Please get your act together. Don't send instructions as to how to work-around the problem. Solve it.

Edited by Shadowshire on September 8, 2018 1:04AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ruling all possibilities out:

Is your billing address in your Account info the same as your billing address listed on your credit card?

Sounds like an obvious question, but there are a handful of players out that that mess this up.

Either way, a resolution isn't going to happen if you just rant about it without listing your Support ticket number ...
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities

As I stated in the OP: "The billing address has never changed, it remains the same as it has been during the past 4 years." In other words, it has always been the one on the ZOS record which they have used in charging an account for my ESO Plus subscription. ZOS also has the same malfunction each and every time that I want to change the account to which the subscription is charged -- however, I am using the same account as I did before I stopped the subscription most recently.

Regardless, the billing address data shown by the ZOS website is the same data in the same format which is used for each and every account statment or "bill" which my bank, any creditor, or service provider sends via the USPS, and for all packages which I receive from others, such as purchases from Amazon.com. I have no reason to believe than any of them have changed that billing address on their own initiative, and I've certainly not told any of them to change it.

The billing address is not the problem. The "error message" displayed by ZOS is not caused by incorrect data in the billing address or an incorrect format. It is displayed because the ZOS website software cannot process it correctly.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

When I attempted to leave a message with Support (immediately after encountering the situation described above), the website responded by requiring me to log-in to the account -- although I was already logged-in to the account. It was from the first page displayed after logging into the account that I accessed the Support feature. Of course, when I complied with the demand to log-in to the account in that context, the response was "Invalid log-in!". Why would it be invalid? Because I was already logged-in, of course.

So ZOS has more problems than I care to document, which would be a waste of time and effort because they never correct any of them, regardless. I suppose that conducting business is just a meaningless game to them, like their product, TESO.

Edited by Shadowshire on September 8, 2018 1:06AM

• Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try using a different browser
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Arkangeloski
    Try using a different browser
    For what it was worth, I have tried that on previous occasions, but the outcome was the same.

Today, though, the website had no problem while I ran Google Chrome, and Firefox confirms that the ESO Plus subscription has been renewed. Go figure.

Thanks for your help. :smiley: