Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Top", or pretty dang good DPS post Summerset...MagNB still? (pve)

• terrasight
    terrasight
    ✭✭✭
    terrasight wrote: »
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    Nightblades both Stam and magicka are highest damage dealers in game by large margin right now. I’m shelfing my main (non pet mag sorc) he hits 43k self buffed rest of Summerset for my magblade.

Hard to justify playing the terrible sustain game of magsorc for less DPS when you can just go magblade deal more damage, have way better sustain, and self/group heals while damaging.

Mag sorc does 49-51k with great sustain, maybe you should do some research

lol . No way you can cross 45K in magic sorc without someone .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVb74ggycq8

No?

Noone gives a care about 3 mill cheesed parses.

Right... 3 Mio is not a thing these days... but a sorc stoll does good damage imo... (not my vid...found it....)
    Hekat'e / Hel'a Niflheim - Sorc / Necro - PS5 EU
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades both Stam and magicka are highest damage dealers in game by large margin right now. I’m shelfing my main (non pet mag sorc) he hits 43k self buffed rest of Summerset for my magblade.

Hard to justify playing the terrible sustain game of magsorc for less DPS when you can just go magblade deal more damage, have way better sustain, and self/group heals while damaging.

No?

Right... 3 Mio is not a thing these days... but a sorc stoll does good damage imo... (not my vid...found it....)

Aside from Zaan there´s no real cheese here. Lover is optimal if you do a solo parse since you want to get as close to penetration cap as possible.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

No?

Aside from Zaan there´s no real cheese here. Lover is optimal if you do a solo parse since you want to get as close to penetration cap as possible.

The fact that we don't have any clue about the crit luck in that parse is cheesy enough. A single 3mil parse, especially from console, has next to no relevance for serious DPS comparison.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only 3m but still self buffed magsorc parse I've seen. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU1JA0zbRI
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me thinks my thread has derailed a bit here guys. Was just asking whats considered top at the moment, not to having a pissing contest over dps numbers. I think any class in the right hands has the potential to do well and I was just curious as to which classes people seem to favour and all. Rolled a magblade and its heaps fun and yea, it does kick butt but then so did my magDK so again, I guess it comes down to preference doesn't it?
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Only 3m but still self buffed magsorc parse I've seen. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU1JA0zbRI

That looks acceptable. So around 48k with melee setup and pretty much out of magicka after 3mil seems to be about max.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Me thinks my thread has derailed a bit here guys. Was just asking whats considered top at the moment, not to having a pissing contest over dps numbers. I think any class in the right hands has the potential to do well and I was just curious as to which classes people seem to favour and all. Rolled a magblade and its heaps fun and yea, it does kick butt but then so did my magDK so again, I guess it comes down to preference doesn't it?

Eingh? Same thing :)
    Edited by nnargun on August 2, 2018 9:32AM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nnargun wrote: »

That looks acceptable. So around 48k with melee setup and pretty much out of magicka after 3mil seems to be about max.

I see around 45k + . That what I have most people achieve. Where is 50k+ ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 3, 2018 1:37AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah no magsorc is getting that high and definitely not on a 6m regardless of cheese and support.

While magblades with orbs and ele drain provided can get over 50k on the 6m.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭

The guy who said 49k-51k (with great sustain even xD) was obviously bragging. That's why I repeatedly asked for a vid.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    I don't really understand the idea that every class should be equal DPS, equal Tankiness and equal Healing, they shouldn't be the same numberwise, there should be plus sides and down sides that show real class identity.

The game started out as DK = Tank, Templar = Healer, Nightblade = Burst DPS and Sorcerer = Sustained DPS. I don't play a nightblade, but I'm fine with them being "TOP" dps as long as the other classes bring something to the table or are just a little behind. Making every class perform the same seems like a bad idea.

Obviously you can dig deeper than my simple explanation of the classes and maybe it's not accurate. To be fair I love that classes can be any role, but why should a templar have the same DPS as a nightblade doesn't make sense to me. Guess the game has changed a lot. I'm talking within 2-3k dps end game. I guess it's much more substantial then that though. I'll stick with Stamina Sorcerer's play style no matter if it's best or worst dps. I just want more options or more group support, instead of feeling like a selfish, 1 trick pony.

Because then competition between classes becomes impossible. Everyone in Cyro or BGs would just be "the top DPS class" and build diversity would suffer tremendously. Every class should be able to hold their own at every role. That's how you keep build and class diversity alive.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this game started MagDK's was top tier,a little below them in terms of DPS was magblade.

But nightblades wanted to DPS with bow and daggers, refused to use a staff, so nightblades whined eternally on the forums with the result of such whining to be Nightbades top tier PVE+PVP class both stam and mag while DK's the 1st competitor and Magsorc the 2nd competitor to receive endless "balancing" nerfs so that nightblades will stop crying on forums.

Even nowadays, nightblades whined so hard hard about rune cage that got a special nerf designed for their suffle+mirage Or rollerblade playstyle.

Nightblades will continue to be Top tier in ESO, because most ex-skyrim LA spammers are playing nightblade and if ZoS makes a move to balance out nightblades with the rest, a nuclear bomb will fall inside ESO forums flooding them with whineblade tears for "balance".

Make a nightblade, lets all be nightblades.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭

If you arent aware that magnb outperform sorcs by around 4-5k then you don't really play endgame...

The highest parse I have saw out of any magsorc from a top streamer was 49k with perfected asylum. Meanwhile there are numerous magblade’s I know that don’t even have fully golded out gear and/or are missing correct traits on pieces and are still parsing 49-51k.

I ve seen parses from a magblade last week, hitting 58k on the 6 million dps dummy - Raidsetup and Bubbles. Stamblade can reach that too..
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on September 6, 2018 2:14PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    People need to seriously stop comparing magsorc and magblade parses without accounting for minor berserk, that just makes the situation way worse than it seems.

Live Magblade 55k solo 6mil, 57k+ with ext ele and orbs
    https://i.imgur.com/p8zPqmO.png

PTS Magsorc 49k solo 6mil, 51k+ with ext ele and orbs (almost 53k solo and 55k accounting for minor berserk)
    https://i.imgur.com/RN0NwgO.png

dps should only be 2-3k off solo and 5-6k off fully raid buffed. Considerable but not extremely substantial considering magblades do take heck of a lot more practice to get the hang of, which is why my magsorc still outparse 9 out of 10 magblades i encounter. But yes sure the off heal and free major expedition is sweet af.

Mag/Stamblades are bound to be gutted at some point and its not gona be because they're OP, but a natural rotation of fotm class/spec. Fact of the matter is vast majority of raid grp dps have been pretty stagnant since your average joe players rarely spends the time to master the mechanical skills required to tap into a magblade's full potential. When a class is quite literally only strong on a great player, thats not a good basis for nerfs.

I hope one of these days ppl will realize BiS gear and class/spec changes all the time, but what really sticks with you forever is your ability to LA weave and maintain a dynamic rotation, at which point it will never matter which class/spec is fotm.

vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CultOfMMO , I believe the gist is not the class is great on a great player, but the fact that class scales better with player skill. Magblades can do static rotation and still be viable everywhere - but they have a lot of growth potential if player wants to practice. It's not a basis for nerfs; it's basis for buffs to other classes - notably buffs that would make them scale just as well.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiply all your non nb parses by 1.08 (minor beserk) and then compare
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @JobooAGS , it won't work like that, because bonuses are additive, not multiplicative - so you'd need to add 8% to base damage without any other percentage bonuses applied to get the value contributed by Minor Berserk.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CultOfMMO wrote: »
    People need to seriously stop comparing magsorc and magblade parses without accounting for minor berserk, that just makes the situation way worse than it seems.

PTS Magsorc 49k solo 6mil, 51k+ with ext ele and orbs (almost 53k solo and 55k accounting for minor berserk)

dps should only be 2-3k off solo and 5-6k off fully raid buffed. Considerable but not extremely substantial considering magblades do take heck of a lot more practice to get the hang of, which is why my magsorc still outparse 9 out of 10 magblades i encounter. But yes sure the off heal and free major expedition is sweet af.

Mag/Stamblades are bound to be gutted at some point and its not gona be because they're OP, but a natural rotation of fotm class/spec. Fact of the matter is vast majority of raid grp dps have been pretty stagnant since your average joe players rarely spends the time to master the mechanical skills required to tap into a magblade's full potential. When a class is quite literally only strong on a great player, thats not a good basis for nerfs.

I hope one of these days ppl will realize BiS gear and class/spec changes all the time, but what really sticks with you forever is your ability to LA weave and maintain a dynamic rotation, at which point it will never matter which class/spec is fotm.

I do agree with you here that magblade is alot harder to master than magsorc, but still the whole toolkit+dps of magblades is still superior. The nightblade passives are like a dream, crit damage, crit chance, max magica, strong heals, minor berserk, major exped, major war/res, max hp THE BEST sustain ingame vs the worst and ofc 20 ulti each time they use a pot just because they are nightblades.

Im not a person that would promote a nightblade nerf.
    Instead i would say buff whatever needs to be buffed in all other classes and keep nightblades as amazing they are BUT not dominant.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    CultOfMMO wrote: »

I do agree with you here that magblade is alot harder to master than magsorc, but still the whole toolkit+dps of magblades is still superior. The nightblade passives are like a dream, crit damage, crit chance, max magica, strong heals, minor berserk, major exped, major war/res, max hp THE BEST sustain ingame vs the worst and ofc 20 ulti each time they use a pot just because they are nightblades.

Im not a person that would promote a nightblade nerf.
    Instead i would say buff whatever needs to be buffed in all other classes and keep nightblades as amazing they are BUT not dominant.

Make other classes playable, not to be left over. Certain Classes are meant to be kicked or no go.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on September 6, 2018 4:52PM