Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which vet DLC dungeon is hardest to PUG?

snegurd
snegurd
✭✭
I've noticed a lot of talk about how it's too hard/impossible to PUG the DLC dungeons (on vet) but based on my experience (and talking to others) it's common for people to try and they sometimes succeed. I was talking with some friends about which dungeon is hardest to PUG and thought I'd open it up for discussion.

Note that the hardest dungeon to PUG isn't necessarily the hardest dungeon to run with an organized group.
PC | NA
Guildmaster of Noob Nation

Snegurd Limp-Spear: Nord DK tank
Milamber of Midkemia: Breton Sorc dps

Flawless Conqueror | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Assistant Alienist | Shadow Breaker | Blackrose Executioner

Which vet DLC dungeon is hardest to PUG? 101 votes

Imperial City Prison
0%
INHUMANENATION 1 vote
White Gold Tower
1%
Lumsdenmlkylewwefan 2 votes
Falkreath Hold
10%
gplumblingnrb18_ESOKatahdinRAB1979susmitdsProtossyderPhantomOcelotresdayn00WrathOfInnosThe_TarantianznrkMarleyRain 11 votes
Cradle of Shadows
0%
Qbiken 1 vote
Bloodroot Forge
21%
streetmagicGuppetxcalibur007Reverbcode65536PraboooVaohCadburyMinute_WaltzxRichh94WeaselGodPuzzlenutsmethod__01gabriebeMehrunesFlagonVeeskr3turn2s3nd3rerlewineRaammzzaaPog_Mahone 22 votes
Ruins of Mazzatun
6%
KanarWhyn AurumRebornV3xQueenmabReachHaloReyalynCyberSkooma 7 votes
Fang Lair
22%
ck37090profundidob16_ESOREiiGN15LiquidSchwartzfireraptureMawxArkrayEl_BorrachoApache_KidVioletViencePrinsethPajorkarekizTatankoBooPerScOOperDisturbed125ktsNoldornirPeaBrainCarlWhat_In_Tarnation 23 votes
Scalecaller Peak
11%
NolaArchChunkyCatMarabornwingrionRungarEvenap00txGrowlspiritTiZzA93SenneccaKiller1712rov33rekAlutora 12 votes
Moonhunter Keep
17%
KolacheKatinashighkingnmApheriusralphylaurenDorrowDrdeath20LiquidPonyKawallharis13594Cage_Lizardmangepe87sintetizzatoreFortunattoleoalexander89Ando21caperbmIstyKisshot 18 votes
March of Sacrifices
3%
ErtthewolfrudvilJohnVNovelliMuSE_nr1 4 votes
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodroot Forge
    It really depends on what kinds of problems you get with the PUG, though.

Low DPS?

Tank that can't position or stay alive?

A tank that dies too easily will be more problematic in Moon Hunter than in ICP.

Low DPS is a bigger problem in Fang Lair than it is in Scalecaller.

But... if I had to pick one... hmm. It'd probably be Bloodroot Forge. Or maybe Mazzatun. One change that they made in recent dungeons was to make regular vet a bit more accessible and cram the difficulty into the HM, so as long as we exclude HM, the newer ones aren't that bad. But, TBH, I wouldn't dream of PUGing any DLC dungeon on vet (ok, the IC ones aren't bad).
    Edited by code65536 on September 5, 2018 12:35PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Fang lair simply because of the menagerie fight alone already. As a daily pugger that is for sure the most disbands I've seen by far.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruins of Mazzatun
    As the only dungeon I have not successfully pugged, mazzatun. The newer dungeons are actually pretty easy on non-hm. Fang lair menagerie is a tough fight but final boss is stupidly easy; scalecaller is easy; bloodroot is not too bad if even one person knows how to use the synergies; falkreath can be tough but not as tough as mazz.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    White Gold Tower
    I’ve pugged them all. Usually does not go well. But for the record, WGT has had the most fails and comes up the most. Often I get there with a blue portal. You know it’s gonna be bad. For this reason, it gets my vote.

3 wipes at the inhibitor and I’m done.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Fang lair simply because of the menagerie fight alone already. As a daily pugger that is for sure the most disbands I've seen by far.

This.

I've done multiple Bloodroot pugs before as tank with new DPS. Even had a DC with a DPS and 3 manned it. Hard? Yes, but a good tank/one other can carry low DPS. Fang lair? Nope. That fight each player has to do their part and you can't just carry 2 other players.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Hard mode fang lair. But I haven't play MoS and Moonhunter keep yet, so can't really decided if these new dungeons are actually hard or not.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Now that I come to think of it I can see 3 PUG killer fights so far in the game:

vWGT inhibitor
    vFL menagerie
    vMHK archivist

as daily pugger I've seen plenty leavers and group disbands in all of them :):)

• profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Hard mode fang lair. But I haven't play MoS and Moonhunter keep yet, so can't really decided if these new dungeons are actually hard or not.

I don't hink Hard modes are in scope here as the thread is about pugging and commonly HM is typically always skipped when doing vet DLC dungeons in pugs.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodroot Forge
    Now that I come to think of it I can see 3 PUG killer fights so far in the game:

vWGT inhibitor
    vFL menagerie
    vMHK archivist

I'd add the Bloodforge minotaur to that list (and the primary reason I picked that dungeon).

I wonder, in general, what people think each dungeon's "PUG killer" is...
    • WGT: Inhibitor
    • ICP: nothing, really? (oh gosh, remember the days when most groups would wipe on Ibomez?)
    • CoS: Dranos (?), Velidreth (?)
    • RoM: Xal-Nur (?)
    • BRF: Minotaur
    • FH: Domihaus
    • ScP: nothing, really?
    • FL: Menagerie
    • MHK: Mooncaller, Archivist
    • MoS: nothing, really?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruins of Mazzatun
    Always had trouble with this and Scalecaller Peak
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Bloodroot Forge
    code65536 wrote: »

The 2nd boss, the guy who summons a bunch of adds and you have to block/dodge roll into his fire bolt that chases after you, is prolly the hardest boss for a pug in there.
    eisley the worst
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends as it’s mechanics that are the issue. Most will answer in their personal experience but that’s to limiting.

The real answers would be the two newest since they more players aren’t familiar with them. However, none should really have to put any of them since we all have access to multiple guilds.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only dlc dungeons I would pug are ICP and WGT, and only as a dd.
    The rest... Just not worth trying.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also say newest DLC dungeons are hardest for PUG groups. But for some reason people don't seem to understand Mazzatun Xal-Nur boss. If the party members don't know mechanics they mostly won't learn it in the dungeon. So i would say Scalecaller Peak (because Scalecaller Peak) or Mazzatun. For WGT inhibitor you only need another person to play boss taunt ping pong during blue phase.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scalecaller Peak
    I meant to select Fang Lair. :( And only because of the Menagerie. It has almost always been a nightmare with pugs and I won’t do it on vet without friends/guildies.
    Edited by NolaArch on September 9, 2018 2:32AM
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair

Agree 100%
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial City Prison
    Maybe I'm just biased but ICP if youre a support role is nearly impossible. The rest I can weather the storm thru phases but if doods keep falling thru portals it's a rip.
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial City Prison

vWGT inhibitor
    vFL menagerie
    vMHK archivist

I'd add the Bloodforge minotaur to that list (and the primary reason I picked that dungeon).

• ICP: nothing, really? (oh gosh, remember the days when most groups would wipe on Ibomez?)

I selected icp because nothing can stop you really until last boss. Except it takes 4ever to get there & if youre not a DPS youre really at the mercy of your tm8's. I've trudged thru a bunch of 2 hour runs only to fail. For my answer I also should add I consider it a failure if we have to replace a original tm8.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodroot Forge

vWGT inhibitor
    vFL menagerie
    vMHK archivist

On SCP if a group fails it will probably be on the twin ogres.Still an easy fight though.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    As the only dungeon I have not successfully pugged, mazzatun. The newer dungeons are actually pretty easy on non-hm. Fang lair menagerie is a tough fight but final boss is stupidly easy; scalecaller is easy; bloodroot is not too bad if even one person knows how to use the synergies; falkreath can be tough but not as tough as mazz.

Ive pugged rom a few times .. got lucky i guess. Its like cos. Once u get a pug that knows mechanics its fun
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know it's not DLC, but I've seen strangely large number of groups struggling with Banished Cells 2. Couple of times I landed in almost finished dungeons with groups standing at the last boss. It's surprising how a lot of people insist on leaving the spawning daedroths alive throughout the whole fight - they struggle, they wipe, but they keep torturing themselves; I've seen that even with quite high CP groups. This dungeon is so utterly easy when group doesn't let daedroths live until execute phase, but chaotic otherwise, and with pugs, it's a bit of a lottery.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    I know it's not DLC, but I've seen strangely large number of groups struggling with Banished Cells 2. Couple of times I landed in almost finished dungeons with groups standing at the last boss. It's surprising how a lot of people insist on leaving the spawning daedroths alive throughout the whole fight - they struggle, they wipe, but they keep torturing themselves; I've seen that even with quite high CP groups. This dungeon is so utterly easy when group doesn't let daedroths live until execute phase, but chaotic otherwise, and with pugs, it's a bit of a lottery.

actually havingg 3 or 4 of them alive -can't remember exact number- when boss dies is the requirement for the daily pledge. Even when it's not daily pledge for you some people have it from 1 or more days ago. In any case it should be more than doable to keep them up in a proper group. Done it myself too many times in a pug when DLC's did not yet exist. FYI my personal most as tank in this fight so far was having 6 alive when boss dies...
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    actually havingg 3 or 4 of them alive -can't remember exact number- when boss dies is the requirement for the daily pledge. Even when it's not daily pledge for you some people have it from 1 or more days ago. In any case it should be more than doable to keep them up in a proper group. Done it myself too many times in a pug when DLC's did not yet exist. FYI my personal most as tank in this fight so far was having 6 alive when boss dies...

That's the point. ^^ You need 3 of them alive only when boss dies. They spawn all the time, and there is no need to struggle by keeping them alive all the fight. Divide and conquer: burn everything until the boss is low on health, then stop hurting him and let 3 daedroths spawn. As soon as the third have spawned - execute. There is no need to torture yourself and fight whole that bunch together.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodroot vet - went in blind 1.5 hours with PuG
    MoS vet - went in with @Lexxypwns 2ish hours
    Scalecaller peak vet - 15 ish hours with PuGs

The others have had so much changed since then I don't count them (sustain was much easier then)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Falkreath Hold
    I chose falkreath hold because I have gotten to execute phase at least 3 times with different groups and always failed, it's the ONLY dungeon besides moon hunter keep that I haven't beaten on vet. Probably just didn't have the deeps to burn but I had to pick it because it's been the personal worst for me.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finished my first pug run of vMoS in under half an hour. My second one took like 2.

It’s actually super easy if you just follow the mechanics, there’s not even a need for high DPS tbh. And even then there’s only 2 mechanics that really can cause issues. Dalgrund’s thing and the 2 hunts.

The one thing that really bothers me is the RNG of trap placement during Balorgh. Can very easily wipe if a trap is in the water and it gets electrified right after hunt, particularly if your DPS hasn’t wiped the wolves.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 10, 2018 4:43PM
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    Ruins of Mazzatun
    I have pugged vet Mazz only once... every other time was a dismal failure, each with a revolving door of players until i would finally leave.

Haven't done the newest ones though

Scalecaller, i agree is tough, but my first try was in a pug and we breezed through
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair
    Can't do fang lair or Bloodroot without high dps. Sometimes the mechanic-following is there but not enough dmg is being done. Granted you are stuck with/out the group for 15 minutes(cooldown for requeuing) but you can tell immediately if dps can't nuke trash mobs fast enough.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonhunter Keep
    vWGT inhibitor
    vFL menagerie
    vMHK archivist

This... pugged FL the other day and surprisingly had an amazing tank that really kinda carried the fight with great positioning and absorbing all the exploding dogs each time.

Inhibitor is old school annoying with a PUG but it's not impossible to explain it to new people IMO, if you are really bent on completing it with a group that's struggling.

That damn vMHK though... explaining archivist to a PUG feels like trying to teach a dog how to juggle. People either know what to do/get it or I just can't. Especially with the tank--if he can't position the adds correctly or take the hits then there's just no point.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive not answered the poll, but i think it depends on how kind the group finder is to you when getting your group.

Ive tried and failed for god knows how long to pug scalecaller, not to bothered about zaan's its just the achievement i wanted.

Finally done, joined a guild that didnt want members just for 5-10k a week, a guild that really does encourage progression amongst its members, first run in scalecaller with members from the new guild, done it, couldnt be happier. 2 wipes at the ogres 1 wipe on last boss, i'd never been past the ogres before this.

The positive side of the group finder is ive met some really exceptional players who will help, and willing to help people learn and wait if there doing a quest etc.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.