Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Favorite Tribunal

Tucker3711
Tucker3711
✭✭✭
@Tucker311- PC
Tucker3711
Nord Beth Rose (EP)
Imperial Freya Var (DC)
High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
Hotstuff Queen

Your Favorite Tribunal 248 votes

Vivec- The Warrior Poet (The Glowing Floating Hippy)
12%
TabbycatHaphazard.Crescentb14a_ESOSporvanCrumornCalandraeAsh_In_My_SujammaMastreusCloudlessSkanderNeoealthShawn_PTPrayingSeraphTheCyberDruidWildRaptorXChaos2088EnokarielDanel_VadanUnderwater_RatItaciraValamist 32 votes
Almalexia- Mother Morrowind (Lady Light Bulb)
9%
TurelusAnkaridantheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOHidesFromSunRogue_GhostSnowZeniaShadow_AkulaSnuggleMePleaseKeldheirAxmalexiaFakeFoxscipionumatiaVaranisAranovaleriiyaDarthHoboveloSylraptorStarlight_KnightPrinsethCyberSkoomageekboy09 24 votes
Sortha Sil- Father of Mysteries (Father of Loose Screws)
58%
kitcat300_ESOGreyleafAnacarioWhiteCoatSyndromeWuffyCeruleiIruil_ESOVriendaSoupDragonTibBrother_NumsieSotha_SilDaraughUntrustedExistenzadriant1978validifyedneb18_ESOfalcasternub18_ESOLoves_guarsczarAjaxandrielFoxesz 144 votes
Bilbo Baggins
19%
VeritasObscuraElsterchenthomas1970b16_ESOAektannKorah_EaglecryEnkilHurbsterwookikiller95JuzzEdziuLariananotimetocareHiLyfe808ArchMikemDracan_Fontomwolfie1.0.AsardesFLL200CMarabornwingrionJacen_Veron 48 votes
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil seems to be the most useful of the three.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia is so messed up by the time I met her in the Tribunal DLC. "I love my people so much I will plague Mournhold with ash storms until they remember why they love me."

My Nerevarine was so not down for being martyred by her.
  • Xarico
    Xarico
    ✭✭✭
    Glowing Floating Hippy? He is probably the most aggressively sociopathic of the three.
    Edited by Xarico on September 4, 2018 8:53PM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia, last pure Chimer.
    Plus unlike the other two Almalexia tends not to make one sit and listen to poems, clockwork stuff or conversations over divinity when you just wanna quick quest.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus unlike the other two Almalexia tends not to make one sit and listen to poems, clockwork stuff or conversations over divinity when you just wanna quick quest.

Maybe so but she'll try to kill you and make you her martyr and blame Sotha Sil for the problems beset upon 3rd era Mournhold all because she is losing her divinity and doesn't want that to happen!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil easily. He's just a benevolent living god that likes to build stuff and learn. Vivec essentially holds his worshipers hostage with a meteor, and Almalexia killed a stupid kid and caused a mother to go insane. I hate those two.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha.
    The one to care the most of his people. The one that did the most for his kin.
    The one to not proclaim himself a God.
    The one to not demand a worship.

The dialog with Sotha Sil in the end of the main questline of Clockwork city is still one of the most memorable moments in my ESO experience (if not the whole TES series).
    Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
    It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »

Maybe so but she'll try to kill you and make you her martyr and blame Sotha Sil for the problems beset upon 3rd era Mournhold all because she is losing her divinity and doesn't want that to happen!

My characters will be dead by the time of TES 3, eso is half way through the 2nd era. So 3rd era morrowind can find new hero’s cause it’s not my characters problems
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one who knew Almalexia will kill him and still support her.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My characters will be dead by the time of TES 3, eso is half way through the 2nd era. So 3rd era morrowind can find new hero’s cause it’s not my characters problems

You mean the Nerevarine, the hero of TES 3 Morrowind?

Excellent game, btw.

In this game, Sotha Sil is absolutely hilarious when he describes her at the end of Clockwork City if youve played the Tribunal DLC.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean they're all kind of awful. Sotha Sil the least, but he still created an entire miniature world basically unsustainable to organic life because he didn't like the one he used to be in, and sort of implies that his ultimate plan was to recreate all of Nirn in that image. They all have massive ego issues, they just project in different ways.
  • kitcat300_ESO
    kitcat300_ESO
    ✭✭
    Sotha.

The dialog with Sotha Sil in the end of the main questline of Clockwork city is still one of the most memorable moments in my ESO experience (if not the whole TES series).

Same. Guy is is just about omnipotent, yet his talk about certainty and how he isn't a "prisoner" kinda makes you pity him.
    Edited by kitcat300_ESO on September 7, 2018 10:13PM
  • Akaviri
    Akaviri
    ✭✭
    Sotha Sil is a very cool and likeable character!
    Vivec is interesting too, but still terrorist.
    Almalexia: Let's just say I am already hating her in advance for the events of 3E.

生ビールを奢ります。
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked Vivec since Morrowind.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a pity we don't have the True God, Dagoth Ur on this list.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almalexia. :grin:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almalexia is kind of imperious and we know her caring mother shtick is mostly to keep her adoring fans adoring. Plus she needs to put on some pants.

Vivec is pretty nice during his questline but dude's got some weird stuff going on. He has some profound thoughts but I always felt wary around him. And there's that whole meteor thing.

I appreciated how chill Sotha Sil was every time I talked to him, and he's by far the most insightful and thoughtful of the three. I might not agree with his whole "remake Nirn in my clockwork image" thing, but I felt the most sympathetic to him and I was always interested to hear what he had to say. So he wins.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • thenewton
    thenewton
    They're all kind of not nice people if you think about it (disregarding the claims of murdering Nerevar), especially Vivec with the whole '"worship me or I drop this big old rock and destroy and kill everything and everyone you love" attitude, but at least Sotha Sil does things for 'science' I guess? Lesser of 3 evils I guess
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil, easily. I wish I had a forum avatar of him.
    Sotha.
    The one to care the most of his people. The one that did the most for his kin.
    The one to not proclaim himself a God.
    The one to not demand a worship.

^^This. Whoever wrote that dialogue at the end, you are my hero.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bilbo Baggins
    They’re all 3 wannabes. Azura will show you the light fools.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bilbo Baggins
    My favorite Tribunal is an overthrown one.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akaviri wrote: »
    Sotha Sil is a very cool and likeable character!
    Vivec is interesting too, but still terrorist.
    Almalexia: Let's just say I am already hating her in advance for the events of 3E.

Should you not hate all of them given they helped defeat your people? :smiley:
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean they're all kind of awful. Sotha Sil the least, but he still created an entire miniature world basically unsustainable to organic life because he didn't like the one he used to be in, and sort of implies that his ultimate plan was to recreate all of Nirn in that image. They all have massive ego issues, they just project in different ways.

This, so much! I hate that he had people living in CWC; it's fine if he wanted to create a clockwork world in the image of Tamriel as an experiment, and it is an extremely impressive feat, but to then have people inhabiting it (not to mention they created a religious system around his worship), is completely unethical in my point of view. Plus, no matter how above everything Sotha Sil wants to seem, focusing only in the pursuit of knowledge, etc., he literally stepped on dead bodies to achieve his goals, and I think that will plague his psyche forever, and reverbarate on everything he creates.
  • Son0fSun
    Son0fSun
    ✭✭
    Almalexia, especially given the lore involved with her and her involvement with the Neravar. I really like the purity she conveys as a deity, keeping some humility unlike the other two of the Tribunal.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭

Well, if we are talking from a lore standpoint then the Vestige specifically will be around forever, unless there is a point in which they are removed from Nirn.

The Vestige has a body made out of Azure Plasm, which makes them immortal like the Daedra, however unlike Lesser Daedra, the Vestige cannot be permanently killed even if they were slain within Coldharbour. The only speculated way to permanently kill the Vestige would be to bring them to Aetherius and kill them there (such an event would probably never occur), or perhaps a Daedric Prince could kill the Vestige. Until one of those 2 things happens (which again is pure speculation, we do not know if those options would permanently kill the Vestige) then the Vestige will live forever, unable to die, unable to age, for the rest of eternity.
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

This, so much! I hate that he had people living in CWC; it's fine if he wanted to create a clockwork world in the image of Tamriel as an experiment, and it is an extremely impressive feat, but to then have people inhabiting it (not to mention they created a religious system around his worship), is completely unethical in my point of view. Plus, no matter how above everything Sotha Sil wants to seem, focusing only in the pursuit of knowledge, etc., he literally stepped on dead bodies to achieve his goals, and I think that will plague his psyche forever, and reverbarate on everything he creates.

Just a real quick not here, Sotha Sil states that the purpose of the Clockwork City was to be a safe haven if Nirn were to ever fall (either because of Daedra or some other event), it was supposed to be able to support the races of Nirn while also being a place without Daedric interference, he states this multiple times actually.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardthief wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Just a real quick not here, Sotha Sil states that the purpose of the Clockwork City was to be a safe haven if Nirn were to ever fall (either because of Daedra or some other event), it was supposed to be able to support the races of Nirn while also being a place without Daedric interference, he states this multiple times actually.

For a safe haven, it kinda sucks as a place to live. Unless you like eating people. Not to mention that Sotha Sil, for all his regimented crafting, apparently doesn't care that his society within the Clockwork City is, again, not such a nice place to live if you aren't a dedicated Clockwork Apostle. Oh, and there's no indication that everyone didn't get trapped in a decaying Clockwork City when Sotha Sil was killed by Almalexia.

Whatever his intent, Sotha Sil failed to care for the people living in Clockwork City so that they might have a fulfilling existence. He made it to his own design and lets his worshippers run the society, so while he gets the credit, he also bears the responsibility.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    For a safe haven, it kinda sucks as a place to live. Unless you like eating people. Not to mention that Sotha Sil, for all his regimented crafting, apparently doesn't care that his society within the Clockwork City is, again, not such a nice place to live if you aren't a dedicated Clockwork Apostle. Oh, and there's no indication that everyone didn't get trapped in a decaying Clockwork City when Sotha Sil was killed by Almalexia.

Whatever his intent, Sotha Sil failed to care for the people living in Clockwork City so that they might have a fulfilling existence. He made it to his own design and lets his worshippers run the society, so while he gets the credit, he also bears the responsibility.

I never stated that it was perfect, merely that its intended design was supposed to be a pocket realm version of "Noah's Ark" basically. He is in no way a good leader IMO, just an inventor that had "good" intentions. He left his disciples in charge of ruling over the City as Sotha Sil himself was always busy thinking about other projects he could work on (that is an inventor's curse after all, the urge to make your ideas a reality).

Also he most likely didn't intend for people to eat each other, he made flavourless paste as the ultimate food that would give you the nutrients you needed to survive (obviously people hated it, but Sotha Sil didn't see food as something to enjoy, rather just a necessity).
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardthief wrote: »

I never stated that it was perfect, merely that its intended design was supposed to be a pocket realm version of "Noah's Ark" basically. He is in no way a good leader IMO, just an inventor that had "good" intentions. He left his disciples in charge of ruling over the City as Sotha Sil himself was always busy thinking about other projects he could work on (that is an inventor's curse after all, the urge to make your ideas a reality).

Also he most likely didn't intend for people to eat each other, he made flavourless paste as the ultimate food that would give you the nutrients you needed to survive (obviously people hated it, but Sotha Sil didn't see food as something to enjoy, rather just a necessity).

If that was his actual intention he could have made it more suitable for sustaining living beings. I think he just wanted to make a clockwork world possible, being a haven was a by-product. In any case, there were people living there for a long time without any indication that Nirn was falling, and having them live there was irresponsible at best, unethical at worst, in my point of view.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bilbo Baggins
    Well the original five companions were these three, plus Indoril Nerevar, and Voryn Dagoth. Where have we seen five companions before? Must be a recurring theme somewhere. Or lack of originality. Does one of those five betray the others?

If you played TES III, then the only choice is "none of the above", which is what Bilbo represents, I assume.