The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars need a HoT....

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, I know I probably will get a lot of flak for this but I feel as if templar needs an HoT for self.

I want it to cost 10% of the full amount of the highest amount of remaining resource (stamina or magica) at the time and replace breath of life.

For example,

if you have 20k magika it will cost 2000 magic and be considered a magika ability.

if you have 35k stamina it will cost 3500 stamina and be considered a stamina ability.

The type will be dependent on the pool if the percentage of the stamina pool is higher than the magica pool it will use stamina....and vice versa

if you have 3400 stamina and 1000 magica, it is not casted...because the higher pool doesn't have enough to cast it.

but the skill will always scale on the higher of the two...

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    Ok, I know I probably will get a lot of flak for this but I feel as if templar needs an HoT for self.

I want it to cost 10% of the full amount of the highest amount of remaining resource (stamina or magica) at the time and replace breath of life.

For example,

if you have 20k magika it will cost 2000 magic and be considered a magika ability.

if you have 35k stamina it will cost 3500 stamina and be considered a stamina ability.

The type will be dependent on the pool if the percentage of the stamina pool is higher than the magica pool it will use stamina....and vice versa

if you have 3400 stamina and 1000 magica, it is not casted...because the higher pool doesn't have enough to cast it.

but the skill will always scale on the higher of the two...

I think alot of templars want healing ritual to be a HOT similar to vigor. Except with one morph for stamina and one for magicka.

This way it doesn't compete with BOL for a burst heal, isn't the worlds more expensive heal, stamina can finally reliably use the mending passive in the resto line, and has still has drawbacks.

It should cost a little less than vigor or about the same cost.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I think alot of templars want healing ritual to be a HOT similar to vigor. Except with one morph for stamina and one for magicka.

This way it doesn't compete with BOL for a burst heal, isn't the worlds more expensive heal, stamina can finally reliably use the mending passive in the resto line, and has still has drawbacks.

Yeah I wasn't sure what healing skill to remove... lol but any one that the majority feels is not useful.. I don't even use that ritual one XD... I actually forgot it existed..

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »

Yeah I wasn't sure what healing skill to remove... lol but any one that the majority feels is not useful.. I don't even use that ritual one XD... I actually forgot it existed..

Everyone was excited to see the cast time removed but was puzzled when they saw the 6k cost if you were a breton wearing light armor lol.

TBH, it needs to be similar to vigor to compete with healing springs, which is the reason no one runs healing ritual. Why bother wasting mag, when theres a cheaper skill you can aim and get mag back lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d go for a stam heal but not another Magicka heal. Magplar has enough healing, that goes for stam too, the difference is stam has no heal other than repentance.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No...just no...
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can heal from 504 health to full with defile on me if templars had a good hot it might be a little to OP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can heal from 504 health to full with defile on me if templars had a good hot it might be a little to OP

That shouldn't be happening. Unless you are using blessed+quick recovery stacks with mending passive.

In which case, CP creep needs to stop dictating game balance :p
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That shouldn't be happening. Unless you are using blessed+quick recovery stacks with mending passive.

I dunno man but the Stam dk I was fighting was not amused :D
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno man but the Stam dk I was fighting was not amused :D

He gets 12% healing received at all parts of the fight though so it's arguably they are the class that shouldn't have a legit hot ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have enough healing.

If you want a hot use rapid regen.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a damage-shield-over-time ability
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its called Vigor!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure. And then give NBs a burst heal they can cast on themselves please.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. And then give NBs a burst heal they can cast on themselves please.

And they lose cloak completely. Deal.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t Extended Ritual a HoT?

Aren’t vigor and rapid regen HoTs?
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 31, 2018 11:31PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its a caster based HoT like vigor its basically the same thing as a shield. Some minor differences. Shields help you take bigger punches. Magicka vigor helps heal a neighbor without a resto staff.

A trial healer is still gonna use healing springs bcz of range, it being stackable and magicka return.

Im kinda torn on this bcz a shield, to me, seems more useful than a magicka vigor but i want something to change with healing ritual.

BoL better not be the skill to change.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I don't even consider Troll King to be an option for my stamplar. Magplar has a lot of HoT options though...
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I don't even consider Troll King to be an option for my stamplar. Magplar has a lot of HoT options though...

It is correct that magplars have a bunch of HoT options but they all come with conditions and tradeoffs that make most of them undesirable.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on September 1, 2018 12:15AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

It is correct that magplars have a bunch of HoT options but they all come with conditions and tradeoffs that make most of them undesirable.

What’s the trade off for Ritual?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Its conditional on standing in a fairly big puddle and having a rather mild HoT. I think i can get ticks for 2.5 k every 2 seconds.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its conditional on standing in a fairly big puddle and having a rather mild HoT. I think i can get ticks for 2.5 k every 2 seconds.

But your "templar house!" Don't you love it? :D
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

But your "templar house!" Don't you love it? :D

Its soo freeing having most of runes effects stick to the caster.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh man, and when you have to cast it again and it removes debuff a, snares opponents, and increases your healing. You’re right, sucks
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man, and when you have to cast it again and it removes debuff a, snares opponents, and increases your healing. You’re right, sucks

Huh? Its a great purge and utility spell. Its not a great HoT.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same could be said for forward momentume/rally, but I'm still slotting one or the other on my stamplar.

Your primary Hot is Total dark and its OP. Your secondary Hot is extended ritual. Your third hot is sweeps. Your fourth hot is mutagen. After that, then yeah your options start to thin out, but since you have the best burst heal on top, that's kind of to be expected.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change Honour To Dead to a HoT.

That way you have the option of either a burst heal for you and your friend with BOL, or a HoT for yourself with Honour The Dead.

Different needs for different playstyles.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's also this that could fill that Templar void:

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Draugr’s+Rest+Set