The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tryed to make an hybrid

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't

This game isn't fun if you don't follow the meta
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao.... alright.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened? I had a hybrid templar at one point, I could help.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Don't

This game isn't fun if you don't follow the meta

Go that it really depends on ones interests. Many have fun with hybrids and some actually do ok Ofc, play as you want doesn’t mean any build is near optimal. Wanting to push high dps then pure builds is best.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously if you want to run Vet Hard content then you're going to have to follow some meta's. That's just how it is and it won't ever change, because there will always be an optimal way to build your character.

That being said, that doesn't mean you can't make playable hybrid characters. If you're expecting to get 40k out of them then obviously you're going to be out of luck, but again, doesn't mean you can't have fun playing it.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm leaning out of the window but I say that you can complete most things on hybirds.

-story content
    -overland content incl. world bosses
    -delves & public dungeons
    -dungeons: all normals + many vets
    -craglorn normal raids

To an degree you can hold your own in PvP. Of course depending on the opponent
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP mostly refers to PvP I think.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm leaning out of the window but I say that you can complete most things on hybirds.

-story content
    -overland content incl. world bosses
    -delves & public dungeons
    -dungeons: all normals + many vets
    -craglorn normal raids

To an degree you can hold your own in PvP. Of course depending on the opponent

^this

Hybrid tanks are strong.
    Hybrid healers I have never tried (sorry!).
    Hybrid DPS can all, every one of them, break 20k dps.
    Hybrid PvP builds are sick, look at jack daniels.

Hybrids have a place, it is just about balancing expectations. If you tell me what you made and what you were looking to do, I can contribute a LOT more to this conersation.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a bow/staff hybrid warden. Got 20k DPS and could have gone higher. I could have worked him through vet dungeons but it would have been a pain. Turned him into a stam healer and it's more fun.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

oh god, are you the rapresentative of templars? Good grief thank god i switched main
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »

oh god, are you the rapresentative of templars? Good grief thank god i switched main

R00d.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m allergic to the meta, used to be a regular user but now it just puts me to sleep

Also, as to hybrids it depends on what type and what its purpose is. A stamina/magic hybrid can make a pretty mediocre dps, but it can make for a monster of a tank, a tank/healer might not top the scores but it can slog it’s way through content just the same

I used to do dps, vet hard mode trials, blah blah, got tired of waiting around in an instance while a build bottleneck full of a tiny community of angry people bickered with each other. So I joined a friends guild doing normal dungeons and never went back. Now I do tank/dps hybrids and I’m loving every minute of it. I’ve gone from using a handful of sets to perusing hundreds of them.

Purpose is what you make it, if you like being the best of the best on a leaderboard that 99% of players don’t even know exists then go for it. If you want to be a pvp god then do it, just bear in mind that there are other end games, just because a hybrid of whatever flavour doesn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for others
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just create a magicka build for pvp and you are already half-hybrid due to the high stamina demand for the frequently required dodging, blocking, cc-breaking, and sprinting.

Doesn't work well for PvE though.