Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lost around 500 Magicka/health after wolf hunter update

wbernardo24
wbernardo24
✭✭✭
After the wolf hunter update I noticed when I logged in my health and magic were both decreased by around 500 I look at all the patch notes and can’t find any reason why that would happen I’m a pet magic sorcerer I run five pieces of necro and 5 destro mastery and 2piece Valkyn And none of that was affected I reread it over and over I don’t see where I would get to decrease I’m just curious if this happened to anyone else 500 is a lot to lose for both magic and health
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    I tested out the food I Eat thinking that it was giving me incorrect stats because the food that I eat increases magic and health but it wasn’t that after I tested
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bug in Summerset that was giving you more than intended. See https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/428880/my-resources-are-lower-on-pts-right-now-is-this-a-bug-solved

And ZoS answer in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430349/stats-have-dropped-again why it was happening (food was scaling to weapon quality, so blue food was being somewhat scaled up due to being treated as gold).
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    So what your saying is I have been having elevated stats the whole time and haven’t noticed and it just corrected itself now? As far as the elevated stats when did that start happening did they say? @Lorem123
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    It started happening with the Summerset update. The stats you have now are what you had pre-Summerset (assuming no other change to your build).

I noticed immediately after Summerset because I always remember my max health is 18430 and it became 18888 after it (I'm a pet sorc). Had it been only magicka I would have never noticed because I remember only the first two digits of the amount I have. lol
    Edited by Lorem123 on August 31, 2018 6:34PM
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    Did it happen to you Magicka and health both? And was it because of you using blue food also @Lorem123
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    What odd is gold and purple food offer more time and tristat but gives less stats then blue , blue gives higher stats but only raises two things , so if it scaled to gold like my weapon I feel like my stats would decrease after Summerset then raise now after correction right? If u think about it in that way
    @Lorem123
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using mag and Stam Regen drinks and somehow gained 700 health. All other stats identical though
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it affected both my health and mag because I use blue food.

This game's code is... pretty bad ("spaghetti code" as some say) so this kind of awkward stuff isn't that surprising.
    Gear scales its values based on quality, which can be scaled through improvement. Food quality cannot be scaled (blue and purple foods for example are entirely different items, they're not the higher quality of the same) but if it hypotetically could it would probably behave just like gear, having slightly higher values. The bug caused it to scale in an unintended way.
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    Yea got it, now I have to get used to the lower stats exp the health lol @Lorem123
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug is not because of the fix.
    I'm losing 500 magicka on frontbar after I switch bars.
    Tried it out completely naked with same weapon on both bars.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 2, 2018 10:29AM
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    I lost about 100 all stats, was inconbat in cyrodiil, about to run out of same food, I used the food and lost 400 on all stats after that... so yeah about 500 less in strage random manners and cant get them back. Someone was saying tat your base stats go down...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is some bug related to poisons. If you have a poison equipped when you eat food, you will lose roughly 500 of each stat. If you eat the food without the poison equipped, you will get those 500 back. Someone told me as I couldn’t figure out why I was losing and gaining stats. But it was just because I had poisons on only one bar. And when I ate food on that bar, I’d lose the stats. But when I ate on the other bar without poisons, I’d get them back. This was with purple max stat food and I haven’t tested anything else.
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    This is what was told to me I think it’s *** @maxjapank @bpmachete @Ariades_swe

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

This apparent drop in stats after Update 19 was the result of a bug fix included in that patch. Food was previously based on the quality of your weapon; it is now correctly based on the quality of the food. This may result in some slightly lower stats in some circumstances.

Please note: there is still an outstanding issue with poisons - if food is used while a poison is equipped, it will be based on the poison's level and quality rather than that of the food. This will be fixed in the next update.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Nicholas
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your pockets in other jeans or a jacket that you didn’t wear for some time
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost 300 Magicka somehow

I used to have 34.4k Magicka WITH food... now with food I only have 34.1k.
    maxjapank wrote: »
    There is some bug related to poisons. If you have a poison equipped when you eat food, you will lose roughly 500 of each stat. If you eat the food without the poison equipped, you will get those 500 back.

I don't play PVP - and naturally as a Mag character I have never once used Poisons on him... so it's not that for me :/
    Edited by lagrue on September 2, 2018 7:48PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    said it was a food bug that everyone had elevated stats after Summerset and must not have realized it and now after this update they did a silent patch to fix that issue and now everyone has the stats they had pre Summerset prodiving they have same sets and skills ect but that’s what they told me I think it’s *** but I don’t hoenstly know what my stats were prior to Summerset I wish I did @lagrue
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    said it was a food bug that everyone had elevated stats after Summerset and must not have realized it and now after this update they did a silent patch to fix that issue and now everyone has the stats they had pre Summerset prodiving they have same sets and skills ect but that’s what they told me I think it’s *** but I don’t hoenstly know what my stats were prior to Summerset I wish I did @lagrue

Ah, I would have NEVER realized. I had a 1 year hiatus from the game after Morrowind, I only came back when Summerset dropped. No idea my stats were elevated this whole time.

I guess that does explain it all then. Only 300 lost for me, not a huge deal but still kinda poopy.
    Edited by lagrue on September 3, 2018 5:35AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    This is what was told to me I think it’s *** @maxjapank @bpmachete @Ariades_swe

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

This apparent drop in stats after Update 19 was the result of a bug fix included in that patch. Food was previously based on the quality of your weapon; it is now correctly based on the quality of the food. This may result in some slightly lower stats in some circumstances.

Please note: there is still an outstanding issue with poisons - if food is used while a poison is equipped, it will be based on the poison's level and quality rather than that of the food. This will be fixed in the next update.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Nicholas
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Yeah they are actually incorrect. I had no poisons, and the food I ate gave me less stats than the build editor says I was supposed to have by 100. THEN I ate food again when it ran out, and I had a further loss of 400 more now 500 less on all stats.

They can't say they "fixed" it and then when you eat food it changes around. Also a guy posted that there was an irreversable thing that happened with the base stats maybe that has something to do with it... I don't know what it is, makes no sense but for sure somthing is broken...

But man yesterda xbox na, dragon leap what a disaster... I would use it and get no hit at all, just land on the player without doing any damage or showing any number at all and then I couldn't use any abilities for a while... it happened almost every time I used it... they have to work on their game man it's bad right now their coding is way off
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭

Yeah and how come it changes around? Sometimes it's 100 sometimes 500? What? Smh it's bugged.