Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So unbelievably sick of saying "Lfg" and getting zero response

• jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    U ever tried making your own group?
    U ever tried venturing out on your own?
    U ever tried opening your map to see where actual fights are or to make an educated guess on where the next fight probably will be?

"So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave."
    Not to be rude but if you're this helpless without a group, what could you possibly add to a group if you do get one?
    In all honesty I think you're here complaining just cuz you can so meh.

And hey, BG's are in the base game now. Guaranteed groups bro!!!

Agree with above. Wtf. sitting idle for hrs because of no group?

I never group and manage to find fights and sieges both offenses and defense daily. How the hell can you say you dont know where you alliance is? Find a keep under attack and just show up. Maybe I missed it but what faction/platform are you on?
    Edited by jaime1982 on July 10, 2018 2:04AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not part of pvp guild (which shouldn't be an explicit requirement to enjoy cyrodiil).

Have to say "lfg" and other variations of such in zone chat to get a group.
    Even with full campaign, rarely get a response.

Activity finder never finds a match because barely anybody uses the damn thing.

So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave.

I'm just *** sick of this ***. Please fix it ZOS, make it easier to get into groups for Cyrodiil, PLEASE!

1.Get some good gear
    2.Play solo and improve your skill
    3.????
    4. PROFIT
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which campaign are you on @Azurephoenix999 as honestly I rarely play primetime but if I want a group LFG gets me one quick in Vivek. Shor is quieter if you are there, and Sotha quieter still. Personally prefer to run away from a Zerg however.

Type LFG and what you are playing - DD / Looking for small scale / want to help a certain push etc. No group rejects free heals lol. People running decent non-zerg groups may not invite you as you get a lot of players using LFG just to level skill lines for Caltrops etc.

Other than that join an active PvP guild, if you get one with a regular trader as well it can kill two birds with one stone. I can get an invite to one of the big ones if you need

Lastly if you start to read the map you can work out where the fight is going to be. Pre-Empt it. Keep an eye on scores, what the alliance are likely to be doing - i.e. emp ring push or what.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • icedcoffee
    icedcoffee
    ✭✭✭
    I second most everyones above statement of just "run solo"

Yeah, it can be a little frustrating if no one is actively doing call-outs in zone to quickly realize what is about to get attacked or what needs to be defended quickly, but the more you play and watch the map the more you tend to recognize what you should be doing to assist.

For instance, if you see that Chalman has 2/3 resources, call out that Chalman is about to be cut, and then go scope out the resources to see the numbers you're dealing with. If it's actively getting attacked, why not try to siege Bleakers just enough to flag it and prevent reinforcements from the enemy team?

Hopefully with the changes that are going to Cyrodill's keeps, sieges, etc it will make running solo a little bit easier. It's enjoyable running alongside a bunch of your allies but sneaking around by yourself or with a small group also has its perks. o:)
    Bless us as we hunt, O Hircine. Help us to hunt with honor, and bring in prey both lawful and bountiful.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Not sure what the issue is. In AD Vivec pc NA there are plenty of people spamming zone chat with “type xyz” to join group. Many people run addons that automatically joins you to a group when you type the key phrase. If you can’t find a group and don’t want to join a guild, then my only advise is to learn to solo and or Zerg serf when you see cross hairs. Obviously easiest on a NB but other classes can do it to.

Not on pc so can't use addons (THANKS ZOS /S), and every time I try to get to where crosshairs are or try to help attack a keep, by the time I get there all allies are already dead and I get stomped by the fifty enemies still hanging around.

If I was part of a group, I'd have a better idea of where everybody was and how to help, but being constantly behind the curve makes it almost impossible to contribute properly and I hate it.

Why don't they jusy broadcast all alliance member locations to everybody in that alliance? You know, make it as if we're all part of one giant group.

I solo 90% of the time, and join up with a group the other 10% when I feel like stomping some keeps with numbers. Really, the only way you are going to learn where the fights are is to predict enemy movements. Which isn't really that hard.

For defense, looking at the flagged keeps or keeps with siege up, look at who is winning the campaign or who has emp, and look at the next keeps in line. Those factors will determine what keep is going to be hit next. Travel to that keep and either way there a few minutes for the fight to reach you and defend the keep, or ride out to help defend the keep that is flagged.

For offense, look at what keeps were just taken by your alliance, and travel to them. The same factors I mentioned for defense will determine what keep gets hit next by your alliance. And if there are home keeps under enemy control, chances are the fight will be there.

Also, not sure what platform/alliance/campaign you are on, but in Xbox NA Vivec, zone chat is crawling with call outs for defensive and offensive positions. Just following zone chat will lead you to fights.

And from a not getting group perspective, is your campaign under populated? Because if there are no allies to fight with, you may want to just change campaigns.
    Edited by jaws343 on July 25, 2018 1:32PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A valuable service that solo players can provide is scouting/repairing keeps your alliance already owns. When I solo, I find myself porting between keeps all the time checking for sneaky siegers, especially keeps that are far behind the front lines. I can’t count the number of times I’ve called out a large enemy group when they’ve just set up a ram on the front door of Glademist or Rayles. It’s things like this that keep coming back to Cyrodiil after over 3 years, rather than zerg surfing and playing 2-button ball group hero.
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    I run solo (even though I hate it sometimes) because most of the people are with their friends or guild mates. I have been on previous campaigns (before Morrowind DLC) and after awhile on campaign would get invite without asking. This time I switched factions because I want my primary character for PVE and crafting. I find that this faction isn't as welcoming in terms of inviting randoms. I understand and don't ask to LFG. I'd rather join a PVP guild, but not sure if there are any on Xbox NA.

Just make sure you have lots of seige and wall/door kits. I also have some camps and battering rams for emergencies. :smile:
    Edited by aquiella on August 1, 2018 7:51AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Start your own group. You don't have to be a strategy genius, just lead your group to active objectives.
    2) Play solo. It doesnt mean that you have to be alone in the wilderness, you can just follow the big fights. Zerg groups tend to be chaotic so you can fight people that wandered off their zerg. You will get offensive and defensive ticks anyway if you participated in a fight. Just do not run head first into an enemy zerg and keep an eye on what they're doing so you can escape if things get tricky.

There's really no reason to stand idle and wait, not all players are OP 1vXers, most of them are casual players, just like in pve. Especially during the event, as we have an influx of pve players who came for the achievements.
    Yes, you will die, but hey, its pvp. You're not losing much unless you died in IC or were too far away from your alliance keeps.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not part of pvp guild (which shouldn't be an explicit requirement to enjoy cyrodiil).

So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave.

I'm just *** sick of this ***. Please fix it ZOS, make it easier to get into groups for Cyrodiil, PLEASE!

PS4 EU if you're a known rainbow player or an unknown you won't get picked up in zone chat

Too many spies , or players just flipping sides for max ap n not participating in the actual campaign , a lot of shor players have faction pride and are loyal to thier faction.

My advice keep asking keep getting noticed for being faction loyal and you'll start getting picked up more
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem lies wit the individual. If you want a grp, bring friends, start one.

So, many lfg in zone but as soon as you say start a grp, silence, or nobody wants to lead the grp.

As another stated, watch the map. Go to the spots of conflict and do something. Don't sit in a keep or at the gate spamming "LFG". Get out there and play the game.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Azurephoenix999 ... So unbelievable sick of players expecting everybody ELSE shouldering the work of making, leading and inviting to groups. imho this is a totally abusive egomaniac attitude.

If you dont find a group, make one. End of story.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

START YOUR OWN GROUP and INV all the LFG people to it! That's what I do!

Look at the map; go to lit buildings, or pick a good one and light it up yourself!

I mean if the problem is that prevalent on the server/campaign you play, surely there are many people LFG.
    Edited by Mureel on August 20, 2018 11:07AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Azurephoenix999 I genuinely want to know what you think Zeni should do about this? How do you envision that they are able to force people to lead groups and invite randoms from zone? Should they pick a player from each faction every few hours, and threaten to ban them if they don't lead a group?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    @Azurephoenix999 I genuinely want to know what you think Zeni should do about this? How do you envision that they are able to force people to lead groups and invite randoms from zone? Should they pick a player from each faction every few hours, and threaten to ban them if they don't lead a group?

The problem with picking up from zone is most are newer players with PvE gear on. They are just 18k health VD bombs waiting to happen. Then the other thing is they LFG but fight on the other side of the map not helping the group they spammed LFG for. I have tried and it’s just not worth the headache. If the people that LFG actually wanted to run as a group they would join a pvp guild IMO. Sorry, most LFG in zone are just AP leaches trying to get vigor and caltrops on their 18k health NB.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • LiberatorSam
    LiberatorSam
    ✭✭✭
    Guild groups don’t invite randoms because they are usually a detriment to a well organized group.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild groups don’t invite randoms because they are usually a detriment to a well organized group.

Exactly, randoms generally do not follow orders, do not come on comms, and are a liability.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, one of the biggest mistakes that ZOS has made was the introduction of the Vicious Death set, which basically made picking up randoms for your group a death sentence. A poorly-equipped character is now a time bomb just waiting for an enemy to detonate and wipe out your group. If you want to blame anything for the inability to join any decently-organized group, blame that.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You may have to actually learn to interact with people & adjust your playstyle to make you more desireable to organized guilds in PvP-land, ZoS can't patch dumb. Say I was a raid lead in Cry-o-diil looking for another healer for a medium-sized group, would seeing 'LFG' in zone help me at all? No. In fact, I'd probably just assume you'd be a liability that needed hand-holding in my group if all you're going to do is shout out the pug warcry & stamp your feet when nobody accepts.

BGs might be more your speed, you're guaranteed a group from the queue by design vs. open-world, which is a world, that is open.
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on August 24, 2018 4:14PM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Start a group then.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it. Once I first entered Cyrodiil, I just went out and started supporting everyone in my faction as I could, no group needed. "The whole faction is my group!" I said to myself and it is still great that way most of the time.

Eventually you'll get an invitation, if you show some courage and not just sit around. :wink:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, on EU PC vivec, EP zone chat is usually filled with lfg, evil, atk, jf, iced and other pug group auto invites.
  • Dreamweaver357
    Man, the reason most leaders don't open up their groups to zone is because zone PUGs have the terrible habit or either going solo at random (despite being in a group), exposing the group when you need to hide, or just ignoring you completely (specially when you really need those +2 guys at the ram). That is... When they don't outright start dissenting and shouting their own orders in the group chat.

Despite it all I try to start and run open groups every time I am in Cyro.

It's very demotivating (to run open groups) however when you see how much more effective 6 guildies can be when compared to an open group of 20+.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best thing about solo PvP is you’re following your own orders all the time. No responsibilities to whomever whatsoever.
    Edited by Feanor on August 31, 2018 12:17PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    I play solo or in very small groups in Cyro. Never generally have issues finding the action on the map. Just go to the farthest keep you can port to. Works mostly. Also, its easier to open a group if you can not play solo. It might come as harsh but its your need to play in a group so you must do something about it when no one invites you.
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm terrible at PvP and get groups easily....I think it's because they feel sorry for a gimped magsorc.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • ironbob2008
    ironbob2008
    ✭✭

The best part of my admitting that I suck at PVP is that I don't have to do anything to compete against nerds who think that doing anything in this game is an "accomplishment". I'm here to have fun, I have my wife to stroke more than my ego. A lot depends on what campaign you join. Some of the campaigns are hopeless.

That being said, there's no excuse for you. There is an addon called AutoInvite and you can set it to LFG. I felt the same way as you at one time but then I decided to put up or shut up. So now I use Auto Invite and 50 percent of the time, we have a lot of fun while the other 50% of the time it's frustrating when those who join are nothing but leeches but that goes with the territory. So next time I'm in-game and you see Type LFG for group, THEN DO IT.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my guild isn't running a group, I will go to DC and play scout (I will make a lame joke about being the Dragon guard) or if it is in enemy hands, I will attempt to prep it by 50/50. If that doesn't work, then I will try to stealth siege Chal or Roe depending on how easy it is to get to the siege spot.

Quite frankly, the lfg in zone often irritates me when it is the same people over and over. Open up the map, follow the zerg or go scout the home keeps. It isn't that hard to make yourself useful. You can always go stand on the undefended flag in the towns denying the enemy a rez point. This is extremely helpful if your faction is bursting the nearby keep.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've played this game for over 3 years, spending half my time pvp'ing (well, a little more than half) ... and in all that time I NEVER grouped. Not even 'way back' when you got tons more AP by being in a group.

Just watch the map ... you can pretty much tell where the action is or will be by doing that. Watch zone chat to see where people are asking for help (and go help!). Participate in zone chat. Not being in a group doesn't mean you have to 'solo' ... if you want to be around others in your faction, watch the map and go where the action is.

When you are 'following the crowd', so to speak, be sure to follow their lead (i.e, if they are 'sneaking', then you do likewise; if they are attacking, you attack too, if they are taking out seige, then you do too). Pack plenty of offensive and defensive seige, repair kits, FW camps, etc.

Something I've noticed is that fewer people seem to be LFGs in Cyrodiil. It's becoming more common for pvp'ers to not be in a 'group' per se, but they do 'move around together' (many are high ranking and/or very skilled and experienced pvp'ers).
    Edited by Maryal on September 13, 2018 2:21PM
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you dont get invite for calling out in chat, merely watching zone chat will often tell you where the action is.

The times when I get no response to my "LFG" cat calls I will usually form one myself.

Do not be lazy and expect someone to do all the work for you.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being in a group is much more fun than solo

And you can't just join a PvP guild when there are only 5 guild slots available