Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much single-target DPS should I expect to deal on Vet DLC dungeons?

Latios
Latios
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I've been away for more than an year, and I'm wondering how much damage I can expect to pull with my current gear setup(Unfortunately, I don't have time to go after new gear on Trials and stuff like that anymore).
Khajit Templar
Sets: Vicious Ophidian(Jewelry + 2 pieces) + Briarheart(Axe/Dagger and 3 pieces) + Velidreth(1 heavy piece) + vMA bow, all divines, weapons Infused + Nirn and Jewelry not yet transmuted. All of the pieces are gold-quality.
I know it's not BiS, and as I stated above, I can't go after those pieces anymore.
How much DPS can I expect with this setup? Is it enough to pull my weight without being a hindrance to my team on Veteran DLC dungeons?
Thanks!
Edited by Latios on August 27, 2018 9:11PM
The Eon Pokémon.

Best Answers

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have access to a dummy to test it?

Training dummy figures are the ones usually quoted, which of course are an artificial number. You don't have to interrupt to defend yourself (heal, dodge, whatever) but you're also not getting any buffs from tank or healer. Still, it gives a baseline number that will tell you if the rotation could be improved, other skills slotted etc.

There are a bunch of "when target is at less than x% health" effects that mean the dummy's total hit points makes a difference. If you're comparing figures, make sure it's on the same dummy.
    Answer ✓
  • snegurd
    snegurd
    ✭✭
    I agree with @ghastley that doing a dummy parse is the best way to see where you are in terms of DPS and compare to other players. Looking at your gear you should expect to pull around 25-30k, assuming you have a good rotation down. This is enough for the DLC dungeons but really mechanics are more important. When I tank DLC dungeons I find that group DPS of about 50k is enough for most bosses as long as everyone can do the mechanics well enough to stay alive.
    PC | NA
    Guildmaster of Noob Nation

Snegurd Limp-Spear: Nord DK tank
    Milamber of Midkemia: Breton Sorc dps

Flawless Conqueror | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Assistant Alienist | Shadow Breaker | Blackrose Executioner
    Answer ✓
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with that setup, 25-30k feels about right with a decent rotation.

if you can hit 25k+ in a v-dungeon, you should be puling your weight sufficiently. obvs. the higher the better
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good dps is upwards of 40k. But the newer content is more about mechanics than high dps. Survival is more important.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more DPS is always better

it makes fights shorter leaving less room for mistakes and sometimes allows you to skip nasty mecanics

(like inhibitor in WGT, boss with runes in MHK etc)

as was said above good dps is 40+ (for example we totally skip symbols phase on Archivist Ernarde in MHK by just

burning him down with 150+k dps in 3dd setup) but with something near 30 you'll be totally fine (i mean almost everything is

doable even with 1k party dps but who wants to sit in 20 min dung for 5+ hours?)

there is another thing - many of new DLC encounters ( HM especially) demands tactics much more than DPS ( yes there are

some thresholds for burst dps, but they are not that high)