The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[PvE] How does everybody feel about the enchantment changes?

Tsukiino
Tsukiino
✭✭✭

[PvE] How does everybody feel about the enchantment changes? 44 votes

The damage is too high
9%
LordTareqWuuffyyDarkdexMuSE_nr1 4 votes
The damage is fine
70%
Skayaqthomas1970b16_ESOactoshLatiosXvorgcode65536SomewhereRajinPVPrafaelcsmaiaSilver_StriderJinMoriSiliziumdioxidLiquidPonyNelothNoszetZeroXFFHJSmith24WrathOfInnosSparr0wpteam 31 votes
The damage is too low
9%
Amdar_GodkillerOnefrkncrzypopekarekizDosuul 4 votes
Other/Combination
11%
Lightspeedflashb14_ESODracan_FontomFakeFoxweedgeniusMashmalloMan 5 votes
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The damage is fine
    Is there such a thing as "damage too high"? ^^

Seriously speaking, the change bumped the damage, in my case at least - not a whole lot, but noticeably so. But more importantly, the changes made things feel more streamlined and logical; I think it's how enchantments should have been working from the very start.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage is fine
    Agreed ^
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other/Combination
    I think single target weapon dots ought to proc them too.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage is fine
    I think single target weapon dots ought to proc them too.

Agree 100%.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other/Combination
    Keeping 90%+ weakening or crusher by having a single DOT running seems a bit lazy to me.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The damage is fine
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO , don't they? Frankly, it didn't even occur to me to test with Poison Injection, I simply assumed that it (like all weapon abilities) procs it. I just never bothered to check because Endless Hail is enough to do the job. Is it a bug that Poison Injection doesn't proc it, or it's official that single target abilities aren't eligible?

@FakeFox , can Crusher even be triggered by weapon abilities? I never tested, but in my head, I had it that only light/heavy attacks proc it, maybe it stuck with me since it has same duration and cooldown as berserker.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other/Combination
    Yes, it can. @John_Falstaff
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The damage is fine
    Crusher via WoE on backbar
    Minor Vulnerability poisons with Charged Weapon on front bar

My tank is more effective then ever. My group loves the higher uptime of Minor Vuln and I get to be the poison happy freak that I am without it being a hindrance. Everyone wins.
    Argonian forever
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone summarize the change and how it affects things? For the sake of discussion for the layman. I saw in the patch notes a change to enchantments and procs between bars and the build I use even updated their recommendations over it. I’m not experienced enough or high enough level to notice a difference. How were things affected by the change? What were people doing before that is different now?
    Edited by qbit on August 29, 2018 5:14PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The damage is fine
    My favorite part about the changes pertains to stamina DPS ...

First, I don't have to run Alchemical Poisons on the backbar anymore. That's a big savings in time and resources.

Second, because the mainhand Disease enchant does such a relatively small amount of damage, it is totally viable to run an Absorb Stamina glyph in that spot, which is a great little boost to sustain for builds that struggle to sustain in prolonged fights.

I wasn't sure about the changes at first, but I really like them now ... it makes more logical sense and it brings some flexibility to build construction.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly changed with the enchantments? Are you referring to off hand infused no longer affecting main hand enchant?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The damage is fine
    @montiferus , no, meaning that DoTs 'remember' the weapon they're fired from, and keep triggering enchantment on that weapon regardless of what bar you're on. And remember infused trait too.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @montiferus , no, meaning that DoTs 'remember' the weapon they're fired from, and keep triggering enchantment on that weapon regardless of what bar you're on. And remember infused trait too.

Ahh interesting. Did not know that. Good to know!
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Crusher via WoE on backbar
    Minor Vulnerability poisons with Charged Weapon on front bar

My tank is more effective then ever. My group loves the higher uptime of Minor Vuln and I get to be the poison happy freak that I am without it being a hindrance. Everyone wins.

^ This

also, make sure backbar is Infused.
    eisley the worst
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like that I have to farm a second maelstrom inferno for prismatic
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other/Combination
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO , don't they? Frankly, it didn't even occur to me to test with Poison Injection, I simply assumed that it (like all weapon abilities) procs it. I just never bothered to check because Endless Hail is enough to do the job. Is it a bug that Poison Injection doesn't proc it, or it's official that single target abilities aren't eligible?

@FakeFox , can Crusher even be triggered by weapon abilities? I never tested, but in my head, I had it that only light/heavy attacks proc it, maybe it stuck with me since it has same duration and cooldown as berserker.

They don't. Only the initial hit of both poison injection and destructive touch proc the enchant, it really ought to be both and I am not sure why.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other/Combination

It's not as open as DoT's because DoT's don't proc enchantments. Only ground based AoE weapons DoT's continuously proc damage and crusher enchantments. Volley, wall of elements, elemental storm, etc. Previously these skills updated the enchantment based on the bar you were using and it is why you would always run a poison enchant main hand.

Now it sticks to the weapon that fired off volley/wall of elements.

A situation where you could see something similar happen with a non DoT, is previously. If you cast a long travel time skill like snipe from back bar, then weapon swapped. It would use the front bar enchantment, now you can weapon swap and it will remember the bar it fired from therefore procing that enchantment.
    ---

Oh and yeah, the change is awesome, as a DW user, it's a shame to lose that bug with the infused off hand affecting mainhand, but at the same time I love being able to run poison back bar and absorb stamina front bar main hand. Getting about 12-14 proc's on a 3mil test dummy with nirnhoned. It's a difference between 500 and 300 dps with befouled, but the 13 procs of 300 stam return is super helpful.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 30, 2018 5:12PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The damage is fine
    @Marshall1289 , I stand corrected; I should've mentioned that only weapon abilities proc the enchantment. And yes, it appears that only ground DoTs at the moment - though I do wonder if it's a bug, because the wording in patch notes doesn't imply ground based AoEs, but instead speaks about weapon abilities. Here's hoping it will be fixed.

And as a follow up, about absorb stamina enchantment - one other small but pleasant news piece is that, judging from last class rep meeting notes, in one of subsequent updates the enchantment will be finally changed from magic to physical damage type. That was a long time coming.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other/Combination
    I understand what it means mechanically but I don't REALLY understand the combat/damage system well enough to actually know what impact it has.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    My favorite part about the changes pertains to stamina DPS ...

First, I don't have to run Alchemical Poisons on the backbar anymore. That's a big savings in time and resources.

Second, because the mainhand Disease enchant does such a relatively small amount of damage, it is totally viable to run an Absorb Stamina glyph in that spot, which is a great little boost to sustain for builds that struggle to sustain in prolonged fights.

I wasn't sure about the changes at first, but I really like them now ... it makes more logical sense and it brings some flexibility to build construction.

Also, we can expect the absorb stamina enchantment to deal physical damage soon. I told wrobel in our last meeting that it should be physical :smiley:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA