The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sets that change abilities

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
How would you feel if zos added sets that changed how certain abilities or morphs function, and Im not talking about just damage boosting weapons like vma or vdsa. Like for example changing templar jabs to do 1/2 of the animation for triple the damage, or have dragon knight dragonblood heal allies for their missing health, or sorc dark deal to be instant and give resource over time... idk you tell me what you eould want to see in a set

Sets that change abilities 18 votes

Yes (and why)
16%
BeardimusSlackJobooAGS 3 votes
Yes for class abilities (and why)
33%
RavenSwornCinbriShinshadowGothrockJXNwarriorStamWhipCultist 6 votes
Yes for weapon abilities (and why)
0%
Yes for guild abilities (and why)
0%
No (and why)
22%
idkMaryalBlackStormXlandsbergis 4 votes
Other
27%
TurelusDracan_FontomCheckmathSparr0wJohn_Falstaff 5 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm mixed on it.

I would love to see new options added and I love the way ability altering items do this, however I worry that it's yet another level of balance to be considered or just more sets to be mediocre and not considered.

I love the customisation options sets bring to this game, but I feel we need to get a healthy balance in what we have before adding new complexities.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    cba typing why, yeah would be a cool addition.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes for class abilities (and why)
    Yes, for class abilities.
    For example, plain boring molten whip noone uses since it is dated and, well, boring.
    With a DK related set it would turn into stamwhip and make sDK very fun to play.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Yes, for class abilities.
    For example, plain boring molten whip noone uses since it is dated and, well, boring.
    With a DK related set it would turn into stamwhip and make sDK very fun to play.

A set that not only made whip do poison damage, but also improved that on top of it would be interesting for stamknights to try out.

As for balance, we have the class reps, and maybe we can add a few more for sets
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    we currently are gathering some feedback about some sets, people would like to see changed. Maybe we will at some point include them into the feedback we hand in to the devs (not at this point yet)

Me personally would at least like to see more sets similar to elfbane, making dots tick longer, adding a dot to spammables or direct abilities, sets which enlargen aoes and stuff. Atm we only get more and more proc sets, which isnt desired at this point.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I'm going to be embarrassingly cynical about it... I would like to see new sets like those. But not in current state of the game. ESO is already in struggle for balance, company's apparently juggling too many variables (and failing miserably at that - or maybe already abandoned the hope, who knows), a lot of older sets are left on oubliette and are only useful as deconstruction material, proc sets were swinging the game's balance left and right like like a rowboat in storm - and I frankly feel that at this time, adding new sets that radically change abilities may cause another bunch of ripples through game balance nobody cared to predict when designing those sets. We're asking for interesting new gameplay; we risk getting new Sload's Semblance.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on August 30, 2018 1:11PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Checkmath wrote: »
    we currently are gathering some feedback about some sets, people would like to see changed. Maybe we will at some point include them into the feedback we hand in to the devs (not at this point yet)

Me personally would at least like to see more sets similar to elfbane, making dots tick longer, adding a dot to spammables or direct abilities, sets which enlargen aoes and stuff. Atm we only get more and more proc sets, which isnt desired at this point.

It would be a nice change to balance if there were sets that enhanced a skill tree or even just a few skills, adds some variety in pvp
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    JobooAGS wrote: »

It would be a nice change to balance if there were sets that enhanced a skill tree or even just a few skills, adds some variety in pvp

we already have some sets like this granting additional spell- or weapon damage to skills from one skillline: sword singer, spider cultist, light speaker, knight errant, sword dancer and additionally we got the sets enhancing damage of a special damage source like silk of the sun, , war maiden, ysgramors, netchs touch, swamp rider and automaton. we even have a set that lets an enemy take additional damage from poison (morag tong). there are also a sets for vampires and werewolfes, sets increasing the damage from undaunted abilities and a set increasing the damage from channeled abilities.

in that sense, we lack sets increasing the damage from class skill lines, but this will be very difficult to balance, since not all class trees are equally balanced. also some would be redundant (for ardent flame abilities there is already silk of the sun for the magicka dk). in the current state bringing up such sets would be very difficult in my opinion.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

we already have some sets like this granting additional spell- or weapon damage to skills from one skillline: sword singer, spider cultist, light speaker, knight errant, sword dancer and additionally we got the sets enhancing damage of a special damage source like silk of the sun, , war maiden, ysgramors, netchs touch, swamp rider and automaton. we even have a set that lets an enemy take additional damage from poison (morag tong). there are also a sets for vampires and werewolfes, sets increasing the damage from undaunted abilities and a set increasing the damage from channeled abilities.

in that sense, we lack sets increasing the damage from class skill lines, but this will be very difficult to balance, since not all class trees are equally balanced. also some would be redundant (for ardent flame abilities there is already silk of the sun for the magicka dk). in the current state bringing up such sets would be very difficult in my opinion.

Inate axiom