The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blogging your characters travels

iamkeebler
iamkeebler
✭✭✭✭
Hello! I was curious to know if anyone else blogs about their characters or journals their story at all?

I recently created a new character for this purpose, named Keebler Sparrowgrass. I decided to document her entire “life” by using a blog to do so. I wanted to share it in case anyone is interested in following along. I also wanted to see if others do this so I can follow along your stories too! If you do, please share yours below.

https://keeblersparrowgrass.wordpress.com
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I did, I'd inspire the next horror film, hostel 4 vampire edition.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooooo I’d love to read an ESO horror thriller
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    Hello! I was curious to know if anyone else blogs about their characters or journals their story at all?

I recently created a new character for this purpose, named Keebler Sparrowgrass. I decided to document her entire “life” by using a blog to do so. I wanted to share it in case anyone is interested in following along. I also wanted to see if others do this so I can follow along your stories too! If you do, please share yours below.

https://keeblersparrowgrass.wordpress.com

I did a couple of years ago, but have long since deleted it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ChrisGoesAFK
    ChrisGoesAFK
    ✭✭
    The page looks great and I loved the screenshots. I did not read to far into it because I don’t currently own summerset and I did not know if there were any quest or NPC spoilers. I have it bookmarked though and will follow the blog.

There were a good number of character blogs in LOTRO and I had one for a time but sadly it’s long gone. I am currently working on an ESO short story which I would ideally post somewhere on these forums, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit. Thanks for sharing the blog.

Thank you for sharing :)
    Edited by ChrisGoesAFK on August 31, 2018 10:35PM
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    The page looks great and I loved the screenshots. I did not read to far into it because I don’t currently own summerset and I did not know if there were any quest or NPC spoilers. I have it bookmarked though and will follow the blog.

There were a good number of character blogs in LOTRO and I had one for a time but sadly it’s long gone. I am currently working on an ESO short story which I would ideally post somewhere on these forums, it just needs to be cleaned up a bit. Thanks for sharing the blog.

Thank you for sharing :)

That’s awesome! Yes, my character is starting her journey in Summerset so there will be spoilers both quest and npc just due to when she was created that’s where she started off. I haven’t decided if she’s going to stay there and finish up that area or if she’s going to move on to other zones.

I can’t wait to read your eso short story when it’s ready for reader’s eyes
  • ChrisGoesAFK
    ChrisGoesAFK
    ✭✭
    Thank you. I will be sure to let you know when it's posted and would welcome any feedback.
  • Grayfax
    Grayfax
    ✭✭✭
    Kudos to anyone that can maintain focus on one character long enough to do this.
    I've tried on other games. There is actually enough lore in the Elder Scrolls to support some interesting reading.
    Best of luck in keeping this going and having fun doing it.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I write about my adventures in Tamriel every now and then. It’s all I can handle to try and remember which character I was on doing whatever role.
    Their stories aren’t really so much their own as they are my experiences lived vicariously through them.

It took awhile to figure out how to put that right....I probably still got it wrong.

None of this stuff would stand on its own without having fairly deep knowledge about this game.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a long-running journal-style thread on the forum (shameless pimping) that starts at the end of the main quest and covers pretty much the entire rest of the game (perhaps ironically only leaving out my character's home alliance, since I hadn't started writing at that point). It's not as spiffy as an actual blog, but if you like walls of text and introspective looks at quests and characters, it'll keep you busy for a while. :D

For anyone concerned about spoilers, the areas and DLCs covered are listed in order in the thread title, which should make it easier to avoid the stuff you don't want to read about. I'm currently posting Summerset entries (and will be for quite a while).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    I'm also thinking of telling the stories of one my new characters
    I want to make a video story. recording full conversations, and everything that happens in a mix of first and third person perspective. with little ui in the screen to let see the surroundings better.

I hope that are more people like us around that want to thell the story.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grayfax - I agree it can be hard to keep this up. So far I’ve got enough material for posts for the next month but I hope I can keep it going as I’m really enjoying doing it.

Kylewwefan - yeah I agree you have to have some knowledge of this world to make it work out right. I actually thought of putting a glossary of terms on the blog to help those not as into eso figure out what’s going on, lol.

Ilsabet - that’s pretty cool that you document your travels that way too. That’s the one concern with the format I chose my blog to be is I don’t really have a way to warn of spoilers. I’ll have to check yours out more too.

senseisoulsb16_ESO - dooooooo iiiiiitttttttt!! I think a video story would be really cool, I’d watch it anyways!

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    Kylewwefan - yeah I agree you have to have some knowledge of this world to make it work out right. I actually thought of putting a glossary of terms on the blog to help those not as into eso figure out what’s going on, lol.

I kind of rely on the people reading it being generally familiar with the quests I'm talking about, since I rarely do blow-by-blow descriptions of what happens. That might be an advantage of posting on the forum, but I have to hope that people remember the quests well enough to know what I'm referring to when I'm not super explicit about the details. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • senseisoulsb16_ESO
    thank you for the support. I gonna look into starting soon,
    thinking of a weekly episode,
    You're story also looks good and is interesting to follow .
    september is a rl busy month for me with 3 larp weekends and i have a 2 shifts job.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update - today Keebler Sparrowgrass has her first kill. She’s been busy trying to find a missing Altmer who is caught up in a plot to kill the Sapiarch. Will she find this mer? How will she cope with taking someone’s life? Come read today’s entry to find out! https://keeblersparrowgrass.wordpress.com/2018/09/08/my-first-kill/
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    i had been looking to setup a domain specifically for this using wordpress to allow other people to write their own stories without having to have all the costs of owning a domain and the hassle of setting up the site. I'd started setting this up on a personal domain but I'd plan to move it to a dedicated hosted domain, properly secured, I've included a few screens of a homepage, sample page and example post to give an idea.
    home
    home.jpg

example page
    samplepage.jpg

example post
    samplepost.png

Edited by Druachan on October 18, 2018 10:06PM
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg that is so cool! I look forward to seeing this come to light!
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started a blog for my character Tiberious Maximillion III. He's been recruited by my main (Dread-Claws) to be a new hireling.

You can read it here: http://hirelingwanted.com

I've also created a subreddit where I'll post new entries as they get published here https://www.reddit.com/r/hirelingwanted
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • FurySevenSix
    FurySevenSix
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome, its been great reading all your adventures via your blogs. :smiley:
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @FurySevenSix ! I'm glad you like it :smiley:

Now I just got to figure out why I don't get reply notices on the BB :)
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • Suisyo
    Suisyo
    ✭✭
    Oh man that's a cool idea. Wish I had thought of this back when I first started my main character. That was over 3 years ago now I think. Would have been cool to see the progression of her character and her experiences through my own eyes and words. Gods, to think of all the crazy shenanigans she started out doing, and how much more mature and focused she is now. I would have loved to go back and be able to read through that evolution. Anyway, I'll definitely try to check your blog out when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing.
    Altmer Templar & Bosmer Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact
    Xbox One - NA
  • Dinnoslav
    Dinnoslav
    ✭✭
    I've read all of your stories, and I find the Idea to be really great. I wanted to do it myself also, but never had the motivation to start since I never wrote anything similary related. Now that I started learning a new language and Necro is here (something I wanted from the beta) and when I read your stories, I am motivated to start writing. If it comes up nice, I'll share it too and of course, in English.
    Great Idea would be crossovers with other writers :)

• Vaeshti
    Vaeshti
    ✭✭
    I don't currently, but it's a really cute idea! Maybe I should have one of mine jot down their adventures in a "journal" of sorts.
    [This user will be your friend in exchange for six bad puns.]