The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Food for thought (not the kind that gives you buffs ;)

Siohwenoeht
Siohwenoeht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I think that two quality of life issues in ow pvp (cyro) are sever lag/performance and small v large scale v Zerg in keep battles specifically.

Staying with those two issues, we all know class balance is a whole different can of worms, would population capped instances within cyro help to alleviate both server performance and the scale of battles?

For example: attempting to take a keep would put you in a separate instance (much like a dungeon or trial) that had a population cap for both the attackers and defenders.

I would think that this would ease server lag for most players, I realize some have horrific ping regardless, and solve some of the zerging. I know that many more specific things regarding rezs and exactly how long defenders could travel to each keep would need to be addressed but what are your thoughts about the idea in general?
"It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how this would work. It would complete rule out utilizing zone chat to call out for help because people would get tired of getting there only to find they got moved to an instance that has no one there attacking. It also would mean using the map is pointless(multiple instances would leave keeps owned differently) and we would end up with a possibility of having multiple emps in each campaign or none at all. Unless I am misunderstanding how it would work.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Runs I hadn't considered some of that lol. It may not be something that can be put into practice easily but the instance would be one at a time, if that makes sense.

Once a keep had reached pop cap for defenders for example, no more defenders could enter the instance until either the keep flipped (thus they would be attacking the now enemy keep) or the defenders won and the pop went below cap. Same on the attacking side. So there wouldn't be multiple instances of one keep, but one instance per flip of a keep. If that makes sense.

I had not considered zone chat implications mostly because on Xbox I never know if it is working or not so I don't use it, but just as the current map shows keeps and resources under attack, perhaps there could be a pop up for faction keep under attack, much like the updates for elder scrolls.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would get complicated by three factions at the same keep I think as well... Perhaps attacking factions could have slightly higher pop cap than defenders but that may defeat the purpose entirely...
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But what if instead of an instance... When a keep gets flagged as being under attack Daedric chains come down from the sky and rip the keep an some of the grounds up partially into the sky. Molag says something... then 4 portals spawn one for each side of the keep both up in the air and down below on the normal ground. People can use the portals to enter and fight up till the limit(each alliance having their own) is filled. Effectively capping the amount of players who can participate.

Hovering over the flagged keep on the map could also show the number of players from your alliance that could still enter, just like it now shows siege amounts. The portals could also have a few Daedra that occasionally spawn in front of them.

Something like this may be too much to ask for though
    Edited by Runs on August 25, 2018 8:12AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each keep a battle Royale of sorts ;) the zergs can fight it out below while the "small" scalers battle for the keep!