Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resources are impossible to take

• Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Siege makes it a lot easier.

Try and find resources that aren't level 5 (click on resource on map to see).

Also make sure you are on CP enable campaign. Non-CP NPCs are much tougher.

Since the latest update, there are only 2 levels now, lvl1 and lvl2. They changed a lot in Cyro

Interesting. Kind of a pointless change.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Dreamweaver357
    Well, I just put on reflective scales, charge, scales again, dawnbreaker, vigor, slice slice slice, vigor, dawnbreaker again if anything survived.
    Reflective scales on the tower mage until he kills himself or the rss flips and he goes home.

Going in like a madman has been working for me.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resources are kind of micro-VMA instances. Once you know every guard ability and the animations, it's just an exercise in tedium on pretty much any class, but before you have them dialed in they do feel really insurmountable.

The "easy" pattern for clearing a resource is this:

1. Run into ground floor of tower. Stay on one side so you don't get hit constantly by the flag guards and kill the two tower guards (and any other NPCs) that follow you in. Healer first.
    2. Go to the second story of the tower and kill the mage guard. Stay back from the lip so you don't get constantly hit by flag guards. Use heavy attacks to get to full resources and build your ult before moving to the flag guards.
    3. If you are ranged, drop a fire ballista where the mage guard was, then use your ult+ranged DPS to kill the flag guards (menders first, then honor guard) while firing the ballista on cooldown.
    4. Drop or run down to the flag. Kill any remaining NPCs that aggro to you, but try to orbit around the "flip range" to avoid dragging guards in.

A few other tips:
    -CC is relevant. You don't worry about CCing trash mobs as a DPS in PvE, but having a CC on deck will make clearing resources way easier. For example, when you drag the first couple guards into the tower, you can CC them and have a few seconds of free DPS (and do that every 8 seconds or so).
    -Interrupting healers helps if you damage is on the lower end.
    -Manage your own CC immunity/stamina! Don't be afraid to use Tripots or something while learning the resource fight.
    -Honor Guards have a super annoying, unnerfed dragon's blood heal. Don't drop ult on an honor guard until after they've used this ability or they'll just undo your ult damage with one flex.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, anyone noticing it hard to break free from the guard's Shield Bash? I find it hard to break because it makes the character glide back while playing the stun motion and won't break free until the glide is stopped. Just like pre-animation change on that one. It might be due to lag or the bug is back. Not that it stops me from taking the resources but anyone else experiencing this?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • OneWarlord001
    Some guilds can make you a wearwolf. Resource taking is easy. Takes forever to get the ultimate, but you can take a resource.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like the OP was just trolling his frustration. These resources aren't that hard to take, but you need to gear up correctly for PVP. Even then some builds need a strategy. My heavy armor MagDK can just walk straight to the flag. My med armor StamBlade needs to be shifty and pick them off a bit at a time. But soloing with a hotshot Divines, DPS, low resistance, PVE build, and 3-4 shots you're dead.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    edit: also, if you get a black bubble around you, break free or you will kill yourself.

Pretty sure you can't break free from it anymore. You can time your block to mitigate the explosion at the end though.

From the guard eclipse? You can break them.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) A PVE Build that is Top in PVE is nothing in PVP. You need a lot of Gear with the Impenetrable Trait.

This isn't wrong for PvP, but IS wrong for taking resources. Resource guards don't crit, just like other NPCs, so impen is useless in OP's specific case.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) A PVE Build that is Top in PVE is nothing in PVP. You need a lot of Gear with the Impenetrable Trait.

This isn't wrong for PvP, but IS wrong for taking resources. Resource guards don't crit, just like other NPCs, so impen is useless in OP's specific case.

Impen is useless, sure, as long as you can guarantee 100% that you'll only be fighting NPCs.

The moment another player comes strolling along, well, there's a reason I wear Impen even if all I want to do in Cyrodiil is fish, delve, town quest, or solo resources. PVP can happen at any time.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Impen is useless, sure, as long as you can guarantee 100% that you'll only be fighting NPCs.

The moment another player comes strolling along, well, there's a reason I wear Impen even if all I want to do in Cyrodiil is fish, delve, town quest, or solo resources. PVP can happen at any time.

It is our goal to prevent you from getting the fishing achievement before any of us. ;)
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that guards are harder than they should be but this sounds mostly like a L2P issue
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the latest update, there are only 2 levels now, lvl1 and lvl2. They changed a lot in Cyro

are lvl two resources the same difficulty they were before or scaled to 5?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is clearly a L2P issue.

You don't need siege or going in the tower first to take a lvl max ressource solo.

In solo PvP, you are the tank, the healer and the DPS.

If you can't go on directly on the flag and defeat all the NPC, then you lack survivability.

You need a PvP build to go in PvP. A build that can face multiple people and kill them.
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I play alone in Cyrodiil, this is what I mostly do, taking resources deep in enemy territories, seeking zergy death or seldom lone players that I might kill with a help of trusty NPCs.

To capture the resource, I usually get inside one, kill the real issue - mage on the tower.
    Then I kill healers and then I kill the rest.
    That is the easy part. But most of the time enemy horde will rush to protect their farm/mine/wood and I end up respawning in some of keeps my alliance have under control lol.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: also, if you get a black bubble around you, break free or you will kill yourself.

Pretty sure you can't break free from it anymore. You can time your block to mitigate the explosion at the end though.

They changed it to be breakable in Wolfhunter, or just before.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

are lvl two resources the same difficulty they were before or scaled to 5?

There are now only 2 lvls, so lvl2 gets to former lvl5
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

I use purge, and it usually works, doesnt much help a stam toon thought
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The frustrating thing about purging them is it doesn't give you immunity, so those level 2 resources tend to just slap it back on.

I purge it a lot too, though, out of habit more than anything else.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can break free from it, I do it every day
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take resources solo all the time, really not hard in any way if you keep a few aoe dots, dump an ulti first thing, and whack the menders first. Hardest part is keeping an eye our for gankers. And people definitely care about resources, kind of integral to travel in Cyrodiil and keep defence really. They will come defend it to ensure they can use the keep to teleport. It's not gonna work for you if you're taking a squish dps to do something solo, no healbot and tank to keep you alive. Impending gear, cp in defence and self heal. Essentially, if you dont do solo content like Vma, and dont PVP, buy the helmet from us broke pvp players lol, that's the point in it being able to be traded.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ye as someone responded, purging it doesn't give you immunity, so I just break it.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few days ago while derping semi afk above Ales mine, i witnessed *4* DC die to guards. 4. Who came in as a group.

PC-NA
    #DCLife
    #OnlyOnDC
    ~ @Niekas ~

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    A few days ago while derping semi afk above Ales mine, i witnessed *4* DC die to guards. 4. Who came in as a group.

PC-NA
    #DCLife
    #OnlyOnDC

Are you sure they weren't blood porting? Though... now I wonder how many in my faction (AD) do that. Wouldn't be surprising but still...
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PC-NA
    #DCLife
    #OnlyOnDC

Suicide port, or blood port, to quickly res to a potential target.

Easy enough to solo resources, so 4 of them dying there, means it was deliberate.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Btw, anyone noticing it hard to break free from the guard's Shield Bash? I find it hard to break because it makes the character glide back while playing the stun motion and won't break free until the glide is stopped. Just like pre-animation change on that one. It might be due to lag or the bug is back. Not that it stops me from taking the resources but anyone else experiencing this?
    It is the same thing with reverb. Absolutely broken animation and slow to break free from.

OT: No CP vs CP campaign makes a big difference here. In no CP, resource guard are an absolute cancer. They can still be solod ofc, but it requires a little more planning, movement and self healing. In CP it is mostly a face roll.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Looks like the OP was just trolling his frustration. These resources aren't that hard to take, but you need to gear up correctly for PVP. Even then some builds need a strategy. My heavy armor MagDK can just walk straight to the flag. My med armor StamBlade needs to be shifty and pick them off a bit at a time. But soloing with a hotshot Divines, DPS, low resistance, PVE build, and 3-4 shots you're dead.

This is not necessarily true. I go in light divines (my PVE build) and I can solo the resources as long as it is just the NPC's. I take out the guards and riff-raff from around the sides first. Then I gap-close to the flag and jabby-jab the flag guards. Jabs goes through the bubble and keeps me alive. Then, while I am standing on the flag with the timer running, I take out the tower guard with a ranged attack, usually dark flare. Works for me every time.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

PC-NA
    #DCLife
    #OnlyOnDC

Easy enough to solo resources, so 4 of them dying there, means it was deliberate.

Does that explain why they rezzed or attempted to rez their dead buddies and actually fought guards as if it was vDSA?
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would probably help if the op shared his gear or stats, and abilities, then we can see if it's a gear issue or an approach issue.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

PC-NA
    #DCLife
    #OnlyOnDC

Does that explain why they rezzed or attempted to rez their dead buddies and actually fought guards as if it was vDSA?

Oh...

Hold up, trying my hardest to die laughing
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    I think you all got trolled hard. No way that guy can be serious.

Even a single mender nukes me to quarter health in one or two hits.

giphy.gif
    Has it EVER crossed your mind that there could be bad players out there? I know, not in your 1337 world, but... somewhere.