Please bring back Storm Atro and Wild Hunt crates

AlienatedGoat
AlienatedGoat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, please bring back the Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt crates, with items buyable with gems.

These are the only two seasons I don't have a mount from, and I would buy a stupid amount of crates from both of those seasons.

Skip the next re-release of Fire and Dwarven, bring back the good stuff please. Bring back Storm Atro and Wild Hunt.
PC-NA Goat
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may be hesitant to release them again with gem buy enabled due to the lack of radiant rewards in those seasons. As of right now, every item in them can be bought with gems if they put them up like that. I'm not saying I wouldn't like that, it just may be a reason why they choose not to do it.
  • debbie.noisetteb16_ESO
    Adding my voice to the chorus of people in different threads asking for these crates to return, Wild Hunt specifically!
    As I understand it, they were previously back at some point in time with gems purchases available; so the lack of radiant rewards might not hold them from bringing the crates back. :)
    Edited by debbie.noisetteb16_ESO on August 21, 2018 1:24PM
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    They'll most likely return in the future. But seeing as how the dwarven/fire atronach crates have been popping back up so soon, it's hard to give an estimate.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna wait and save all my gems for them as well. Hopefully we'll get some free crates in next month's daily rewards ;)
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely want to see these two back. Storm atronach especially, because of the "wizard hats" in that season.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Belly dancer face thingy STAT!
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please!
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding my voice to the chorus of people in different threads asking for these crates to return, Wild Hunt specifically!
    As I understand it, they were previously back at some point in time with gems purchases available; so the lack of radiant rewards might not hold them from bringing the crates back. :)

No, that's not the case. The crates were purchasable, but the gem store was not enabled for them. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26261
  • debbie.noisetteb16_ESO
    I thought gem rewards were enabled because I saw it somewhere. In any case, that means these crates are even more overdue for a come back! :)
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my senche mounts lol
    unknown.png?width=806&height=454

Storm one has best animation when activated.
    Edited by StamWhipCultist on August 23, 2018 8:20AM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭

The collection of my dream^^ all senches..
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Impressive, but I'm assuming very expensive.

ETA: I find it interesting that discussions regarding returning crate seasons does not garner the same resistance as discussions regarding the return of limited items to the CS. Players generally don't seem to mind the return of crates, but why do they mind the return of an item to the CS? You'd think that the players who were lucky or spent a whole lot of money for apex mounts wouldn't like the idea of others getting the same opportunity later, especially if they were to get one in a free crate from a daily log-in reward.

I'm not against crates returning, I just find it interesting that their return isn't met with the same resistance as requests for the return of limited-time items to the CS.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 23, 2018 4:43PM
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    what is the point of having limited time items if people can just buy them later on?? not like we have achievement based mounts
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wild Hunt crates in the daily rewards for September make me hope that this is happening.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

are you the one that spent over 1k dollars to get a rare senche, or you are just that lucky?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Impressive, but I'm assuming very expensive.

ETA: I find it interesting that discussions regarding returning crate seasons does not garner the same resistance as discussions regarding the return of limited items to the CS. Players generally don't seem to mind the return of crates, but why do they mind the return of an item to the CS? You'd think that the players who were lucky or spent a whole lot of money for apex mounts wouldn't like the idea of others getting the same opportunity later, especially if they were to get one in a free crate from a daily log-in reward.

I'm not against crates returning, I just find it interesting that their return isn't met with the same resistance as requests for the return of limited-time items to the CS.

Because the draw of playing Crates is the RNG, not the limited availability.

Meanwhile limited time appearances in the crown store are a major justification people use for the paying the price. How many people would’ve actually bought some of those cosmetics if they weren't touted as limited time only.

But at this point most people are smart enough to realize “limited time” means “will show up in Crates later”
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Because the draw of playing Crates is the RNG, not the limited availability.

Not so for me- I have gems enough to buy outright the mount I want. All from free crates, too.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner or later they will bring back -every- single thing, just to give new players a chance to spend crowns on it as well. Only a matter of time, and paying attention so you do not miss the limited time encore...
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may be hesitant to release them again with gem buy enabled due to the lack of radiant rewards in those seasons. As of right now, every item in them can be bought with gems if they put them up like that. I'm not saying I wouldn't like that, it just may be a reason why they choose not to do it.

However, getting people to spend gems means that if they want to buy something later with gems, they will still have to get more gems.

If they really wanted to make money on there particular crates, they should add unreleased radiant mounts to them, they would sell a ton.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Sumskittles
    Sumskittles
    ✭✭
    I really want those storm crate back. missed them last year in december.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Definitely want to see these two back. Storm atronach especially, because of the "wizard hats" in that season.
    So much yes! There's one hat and one costume from that season I've never been able to get, and I'd love a chance to get them.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Exclusivity and long term rarity was a huge part of the reason we early adopted. Might as well put the striped senche up on the crown store too.
    Esse quam videri.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    Meh. Exclusivity and long term rarity was a huge part of the reason we early adopted. Might as well put the striped senche up on the crown store too.

Do the Storm Atronach mounts say "Token of appreciation to those who...etc., etc.,?" No? Okay then.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, your tone of finality is funny.

I was a very early beta tester, and missed 2 months as a subscriber when I was working abroad and missed the senche, and never once thought about it needing to come back - and been a subscriber ever since.

The storm crates were sold as a one time period only investment. Crates are now given away and crown gems accrued free, whereas we paid out of pocket on the spot. Had they been advertised as coming back one day, and that crown gems would be free I simply wouldn’t have done so, and I’m not the only one.

So I’d simply prefer they not come back. It was a relatively large investment at the time, and exclusivity and limited time was the driving reason. You can water that down if you like, but thats the facts.

—edit - and by the way I reckon a large number of us who missed the rewards senche invested in that first season of crown crates for the very fact we’d missed it, and the storm atronach mounts were the next best thing. And paid through the nose for it. The community was making all kinds of noise over the crates, all kinds of I quit posts at the time.

But we reached deep into our pockets to support the game and to have mounts that would be rare years later.

So if they come back, those very first atronach mounts really should cost a whole lot of crown gems. A serious amount. Same with the mementos and the hat.

Or simply take them off the table out of respect for the first adopters of crown crates. I’d prefer the latter, grudgingly accept the former. But I’d definitely wind up buying a whole lot less crowns long term if they come back at any price.

If they crates cost the original amount of crowns and the mounts the same crown gems (or a trifling increase) now that crown crates come free and crown gems have been accrued over deconning junk over several seasons? I’d not buy crowns again for any reason, simple as that. And truth be told I’d discourage many others from buying them as well.

We were very simply sold on their exclusivity. To bring them back is the very definition of bait and switch, which is predatory.
    Edited by Riptide on September 6, 2018 9:21PM
    Esse quam videri.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will be back at some point, and there’s nothing wrong with it.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already sold multiple "limited time" mounts and items that were dumped into Crown Crates for 1/2 price (or even given away free as a Twich drop - Ice Wolf). No reason why crates would differ.

Edited by Lake on September 6, 2018 11:39PM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone messaged support earlier today and was told that there's no plans for bringing back the Wild Hunt crates at the time.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have plans to release them, they won't tell you when. Just the day of release.