Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Predicting which old costumes will be recycled into the new crate season

weedgenius
weedgenius
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all, just thought it might be a fun exercise to try and figure out which old costumes will be making a comeback in the new crates. I haven't been around as long as many of you, so I'm hoping your insight can help!

Here's a list of costumes that, as far as I can tell: 1) are not obtainable in-game, 2) haven't already been recycled in a crate season, 3) are not holiday or event-specific, 4) are not offered as part of a bundle currently in the CS, 5) are not given by the level-up rewards, and 6) were not part of an "exclusive" edition bonus.

I know old holiday/event costumes and special bonuses are not necessarily off the table, but what do you think, does this seem like a good place to start? What am I missing?

Given past patterns, what do you expect will make a return appearance in the new season? There were a whole bunch removed from the store in May (Ancestral Homage, Marshlord, Wizard-Lord) that seem like pretty good candidates to me.

Update log:
12/04/18 - Removed "holiday" prerequisite since it does not seem to apply. Added Glenmoril Witch Robes. Updated which costumes returned. Added some recently removed costumes.

07/01/19 - Added Queen's Eye-Master and a few that have left the store or recently been LTOs. Updated which costumes returned.
Edited by weedgenius on July 1, 2019 11:22PM
PS4 NA
Better Homes & Gardens
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with costumes being recycled since I missed quite a few of them on their first go-around.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wtb treasure hunter!!
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predicting which old costumes will be recycled...

dont, just dont.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh and Naryu's!
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last thing people want is to receive a prize they've already purchased and there is already too little incentive to buy crown crates... It would be nice if they periodically brought costumes back to the crown store for a limited time and kept new costumes for a season or longer before doing the same.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Hi all, just thought it might be a fun exercise to try and figure out which old costumes will be making a comeback in the new crates. I haven't been around as long as many of you, so I'm hoping your insight can help! Here's a list of costumes that, as far as I can tell, 1)are not obtainable in-game, 2) haven't already been recycled, 3) are not holiday or event-specific, 4) are not offered as part of a bundle currently in the CS, 5) are not given by the level-up rewards, and 6) were not part of an "exclusive" bonus.
    I know old holiday/event costumes and special bonuses are not necessarily off the table, but what do you think, does this seem like a good place to start? What am I missing?

Given past patterns, what do you expect will make a return appearance in the new season? There were a whole bunch removed from the store in May (Ancestral Homage, Marshlord, Wizard-Lord) that seem like pretty good candidates to me.

Thanks for posting this! I recently started the same discussion here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5393434#Comment_5393434

I would only add Treethane Ceremonial Dress and Glenmoril Witch Robes!! Not sure if the last one was specific to the Witch Festival event.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno about costumes, but the Zombie Personality is waiting in the wings for a Crate Release and would fit the theme well!

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates/Unknown
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I want is...

latest?cb=20160601175604

:(
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^
    What’s that ?
  • debbie.noisetteb16_ESO
    Treethane Ceremonial Dress, was briefly available in 2016, never came back since then...
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with the "bring them back, but not in the crates" crowd. It's easier for ZOS to leave the crate content lists alone, which means they're more inclined to cycle the crates back around, and that's a good thing. The store is a different matter, and having those costumes available for gems or crowns is appropriate. If the costumes are "seasonal" in any way, then an annual revisit should happen.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I added the Treethane dress!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm moreso hoping for the Haj Mota Hatchling and Infernal Sep Adder to return rather than a costume.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Blacksmith and Chef outfits were included in the loot table for the Dungeon event they did last fall. That doesn't preclude them necessarily from being candidates for this next season, but I just thought I'd mention that these have been on offer twice now.

I wore the Treethane dress quite a lot after I bought it, and funnily enough, I don't recall seeing anyone else wearing it. At the time, I wondered why, as I rather like it. I began to wonder whether I was the only one who actually bought it. I know it wasn't in the store for long, though, so that may have been a factor.
  • debbie.noisetteb16_ESO
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I wore the Treethane dress quite a lot after I bought it, and funnily enough, I don't recall seeing anyone else wearing it. At the time, I wondered why, as I rather like it. I began to wonder whether I was the only one who actually bought it. I know it wasn't in the store for long, though, so that may have been a factor.

It also came to the crown store during summer holidays, might be another reason why not everyone was able to buy it at the time.
    It seems to be the one outfit people on these forums ask for the most though, hoping ZOS takes notice.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give me what I want, what I need...... BLACKSMITH OUTFIT!!!

maxresdefault.jpg
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • debbie.noisetteb16_ESO
    Taking a look at the ever increasing list of costumes that might one day return, I wondered whether it would be possible to set up a poll so people can vote for the costume they'd like to return first?
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I updated this list according to the newest crate seasons.

Really interesting to note that many of the costumes left on this list returned for the Black Friday sale!

These are the ones returning with the new Xanmeer crates:
    • Marshlord Formal Bugshell Robes
    • Lizardly Four-Fabric Skirt Set
    • Xanmeer Doyen's Worship Robe
    Interestingly, some of those weren't on this list because they were removed from the store so recently.
    Edited by weedgenius on December 4, 2018 6:15PM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS being the Nibanese costume back please as I’ve missed it due to holiday period:(
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just updated the list. Am I missing anything that has been taken from the store recently?

Here are the costumes returning with the Baandari Pedlar Crown Crates:
    • "Song of the Night" Ensemble
    • Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown
    • Kinlord's Alinor Attire
    • Moon-Sugar Festival Suit
    • Queen's-Eye Spymaster

Fun fact - Kinlord Alinor Attire was removed from the crown store with zero notice and ZOS never commented. Now we see why :wink:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAA was originally a special outfit advertised a year ago during Summersets launch for its crown season and such or near it, I bought it then for crowns as a birthday present in July or August.

Surprised to see it again.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.