The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do major/minor buffs cancel out respective de-buffs? (incl. Battle Spirit)

Tailhole
Tailhole
✭✭
Hey guys, I have a question that I didn't find anyone asking on the forums/internet; How does the game calculate buffs and de-buffs together?

For example: Major/Minor defile (8%/30% healing reduction respectively) with Major/Minor Vitality (8%/30% healing received respectively), without taking any CP's into consideration, do they cancel each other out? Or is it multiplicative?

Same Question for battle spirit, the main reason why I was asking myself this question in the first place. If you gather 50% healing received from buffs and other sources, does it cancel out the Battle Spirit's healing reduction? Etc.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tailhole wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have a question that I didn't find anyone asking on the forums/internet; How does the game calculate buffs and de-buffs together?

For example: Major/Minor defile (8%/30% healing reduction respectively) with Major/Minor Vitality (8%/30% healing received respectively), without taking any CP's into consideration, do they cancel each other out? Or is it multiplicative?

Same Question for battle spirit, the main reason why I was asking myself this question in the first place. If you gather 50% healing received from buffs and other sources, does it cancel out the Battle Spirit's healing reduction? Etc.

I always thought healing bonus/debuff was adding or subtracting. Battlespirit gives you a negative healing received already but healing done is at 0%. But since you take negative healing, your healing done bonus isn't as strong. I'll have to get back to you on the exact equation.

I know the DMG reduced is calculated like a DMG mitigation percentage like major protection. Except that 50% is usually the first thing to get calculated so it reduces the effectiveness of other DMG mitigation sources.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tailhole
    Tailhole
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I always thought healing bonus/debuff was adding or subtracting. Battlespirit gives you a negative healing received already but healing done is at 0%. But since you take negative healing, your healing done bonus isn't as strong. I'll have to get back to you on the exact equation.

I know the DMG reduced is calculated like a DMG mitigation percentage like major protection. Except that 50% is usually the first thing to get calculated so it reduces the effectiveness of other DMG mitigation sources.

Thanks, can't wait for the results :smile: I was wondering, because if that's the case, doubling your healing in pvp would only require you to have 50% healing recieved, because of the already existing debuff, requiring you half as much stats/buff power invested.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tailhole wrote: »

Thanks, can't wait for the results :smile: I was wondering, because if that's the case, doubling your healing in pvp would only require you to have 50% healing recieved, because of the already existing debuff, requiring you half as much stats/buff power invested.

Here is an old thread:
    https://theunholylegacy.enjin.com/forum/m/29246682/viewthread/24437914-dean-cat-understanding-catculations-healing-done-received

The actual healing equations can be found on the UESP build editor.
    But here they are for you as promised:
    Total Healing = (1 + HealingDone)*(1 + HealingTaken)*(1 + HealingReceived).

HealingDone = Item.HealingDone + Set.HealingDone + Skill.HealingDone + CP.HealingDone + Buff.HealingDone + Mundus.HealingDone

HealingTaken = Item.HealingTaken + Set.HealingTaken + Skill.HealingTaken + CP.HealingTaken + Buff.HealingTaken

HealingReceived = (1 + Item.HealingReceived + Set.HealingReceived + Skill.HealingReceived + CP.HealingReceived + Buff.HealingReceived)*(1 + Skill2.HealingReceived) - 1
    Edited by Minno on August 21, 2018 9:28PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Tailhole
    Tailhole
    ✭✭
    Here is an old thread:
    https://theunholylegacy.enjin.com/forum/m/29246682/viewthread/24437914-dean-cat-understanding-catculations-healing-done-received

The actual healing equations can be found on the UESP build editor.
    But here they are for you as promised:
    Total Healing = (1 + HealingDone)*(1 + HealingTaken)*(1 + HealingReceived).

HealingDone = Item.HealingDone + Set.HealingDone + Skill.HealingDone + CP.HealingDone + Buff.HealingDone + Mundus.HealingDone

HealingTaken = Item.HealingTaken + Set.HealingTaken + Skill.HealingTaken + CP.HealingTaken + Buff.HealingTaken

HealingReceived = (1 + Item.HealingReceived + Set.HealingReceived + Skill.HealingReceived + CP.HealingReceived + Buff.HealingReceived)*(1 + Skill2.HealingReceived) - 1

Ahh, good to know, thanks :smiley: Where did you find the formulas? I've searched everywhere, but I couldn't find any >.>

Also about battle spirit, I already tested the values just now, and it seems that battle spirit is multiplicative with healing received/taken/done, meaning that you need 100% to cancel out the battle spirit healing reduction. I did this by having 50% healing value, and it didn't cancel the battle spirit out by a long shot. So the thread you sent seems to be a bit outdated, or my testings were somehow messed up. Haven't tried anything with debuffs yet.

But thanks for the effort :smile:

EDIT: I found the site that you mentioned, and I realized that it's only healing received that's getting reduced, so I might have to try it again, the formulas might still be viable then :wink:
    Edited by Tailhole on August 22, 2018 8:29AM