The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mag DK - elf’s bane

Fiveboro
Fiveboro
✭✭
Anyone running an elf’s bane build and care to share the details plus any clips/footage.

Even better, do you play on Xbox NA and care to test against my Mag dk?

Very interested in seeing this set in action and hear how people like it.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played around with it. I got 42k on robust skeleton. I don't know if that is good or bad but when doing vet dungeons with that build, everything get nuked. I don't think it's good in trials.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    I played around with it. I got 42k on robust skeleton. I don't know if that is good or bad but when doing vet dungeons with that build, everything get nuked. I don't think it's good in trials.

I initially was thinking PVP but I’m just as interested in PVE, what sets are you pairing this with and is that flamestafd? 40k+ is always nice
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiveboro wrote: »

I initially was thinking PVP but I’m just as interested in PVE, what sets are you pairing this with and is that flamestafd? 40k+ is always nice

ah ok. I used grotdarr for aoe and zaan for single target. Aether shock staff front with molten and heavy attacks. I got 3 heavy attacks in one maelstrom destro staff wall of elements with infused fire enchant, thats why the build was decent because the wall was down for so long. Shock staff a bit for fun and troll, but it boost all aoe abilities with 8% such as grotdarr, wall of e, and destroult. Destroult on firestaff backbar and when you change to front with shock staff, it get boosted by 8% from shock passive. Also 2 sec more on grotdharr and 6% from DK passive so that ult is hitting hard, which is why I said everything completely melts in every single vet dungeons, including the dlc. But for trials its a no. For pvp I dont know.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP the only reason to use it is to pair it with Zaan
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Norcast
    Norcast
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with Waffennacht. You sacrifice to run Elf’s Bane. It is extremely powerful in terms of finishing off players but I don’t like sacrificing the raw stats of a set like shackle breaker just to buff my monster piece. I will say you get some great heals from burning embers though.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try 5x Elf Bane 5x Burning spellweaver and 2x grothdarr, work a treat in pvp
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PvP the only reason to use it is to pair it with Zaan

I ran well with it when shifting could be refreshed right and I could scoop an extra 4 seconds out of it. Plus I ran talons, blockade, engulfing, and BE. I was rolling dots like crazy on that build, good times lol.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiveboro wrote: »
    Anyone running an elf’s bane build and care to share the details plus any clips/footage.

Even better, do you play on Xbox NA and care to test against my Mag dk?

Very interested in seeing this set in action and hear how people like it.

Bad set, get something better.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lamiai wrote: »

You don't need elfbane to proc burning status, neither to keep it. As a mDK you do that just doing dmg.

The extra duration doesn't help your dmg with all those purges and cloaks around. Seriously, there are way better options for mDK, starting with good ol' Julianos.
    Edited by Xvorg on August 22, 2018 4:57PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Lamiai wrote: »

You don't need elfbane to proc burning status, neither to keep it. As a mDK you do that just doing dmg.

The extra duration doesn't help your dmg with all those purges and cloaks around. Seriously, there are way better options for mDK, starting with good ol' Julianos.

After some threads and research it seems the consensus is that Elf's Bane is not a great set unless you're building to work in conjunction with Zaan's. I was more just curious if people were running the set as I like to switch it up since I only play mDK.

As far as other sets go I have pretty much anything a mDK could/should run. Currently using BSW+Skoria+Innate Axiom for PVP and IMO it's been great outperforming shacklebreaker, sun, and definitely jullianos.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Elf Bane is a trash unless you are looking to increase Zaan proc duration. There are better damage sets out there.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel