The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Q? - Streak & Dodge Roll

MalagenR
MalagenR
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know if Streak is dodgeable?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you dodge and someone Streaks through you it will stun you.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever tried to Entropy + Fury + OL LA + Streak?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »

If you think a decent player will not block the OL LA and so the streak following, your wrong.

Can work when you fight potatoes with a high damage OL build.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

If you think a decent player will not block the OL LA and so the streak following, your wrong.

Most players dodge roll the telegraphed animation instead of blocking it to take no damage, as they get nervous that a Rune Cage is coming next so they try to close distance with dodge rolls as quickly as possible and pressure the single shield on the bar.

My intended use would be to move into OL - this animation itself generally puts the defender on notice, throw up Entropy - they sense the attack is coming - fire the attack and dodge roll into a streak - catching them midroll with the streak and opening them up for the LA to land.

When I combo off the OL bar I don't stay on it for more than 2-3 seconds. Against DK's and Temp's I don't really use OL except as an opener with Blast + OL LA to force them to break free - this gives me a 1 CC advantage on them from the outset of the fight, when they come off their S/B to brawl I drop Atronach and Mines and heavy attack with a resto staff, combined with escapist poison & Thurvokun proc puddle that I'm standing in while the Atro protects me they usually end up dying thinking they've got me until they start eating Atro AOE's to the face.

I should note about 99% of Sorc's use OL incorrectly - they stay on the bar WAY to long - (1-2 LA max and then you should be dropping OL form) - they don't animation cancel the switch to the form by dodge rolling (which helps to eliminate the telegraph) - and they don't know that you can Curse - Execute - Clench - OL Form Animation Cancel - OL LA (you can actually do this in conjunction with another roll that will sometimes allow you to get 2 OL LA's off in the same time frame it usually takes someone to get off 1 OL LA, which is almost guaranteed death).

The only time the clench strategy fails is if you knock them back uphill, as they are able to execute a break free more rapidly and usually dodge the OL LA - like I said earlier, in my experience it's always a dodge roll - which I'm totally okay with burning 64 ultimate multiple times in a fight to force them to dodge roll before I turtle up, as it makes them burn a lot more stamina than they normally would which might lead to a clench stun that doesn't allow them to break free at all and they definitely die.
    Edited by MalagenR on August 17, 2018 5:27PM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    catching them midroll with the streak and opening them up for the LA to land

I'm half sure the overload attack will still be dodged in the scenario you describe.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    catching them midroll with the streak and opening them up for the LA to land

I'm half sure the overload attack will still be dodged in the scenario you describe.

I think the Streak animation actually would beat the projectile there - and the damage / dodged only occur when the projectile reaches the target.

I can't test because I don't have a combat mod on console. Any PC player willing to test this in a PC environment with time stamps will get a high five from me.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge roll not only dodges attacks impacting during its dodge window, but also attacks launched at the dodging player before or during that window. This is why you sometimes see players not taking damage from snipes, frags, and other cast time skills after the roll animation is already over.

Edit for clarity: If your opponent dodge rolls after the OL attack is fired, it will be dodged. I don't think the streak stun can cancel this.
    Edited by Bergzorn on August 17, 2018 8:42PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you must have a good connection to do that. i cant just switch to overload i need to press it two or five times to make ult work and often it turns into total mess with bars
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

change OL with meteor and then you have a burst.

A magsorc taught me that some years ago, then I modified on my mageblade into the full heavy + meteor + agony combo. Then ZoS thought agony was a very bad skill for mageblades to run so they converted it into that stupid heal it is now. And what was left became into Rune cage
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Why would you try to streak-stun a dodgeroller so he can't avoit the undodgeable Meteor?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you try to streak-stun a dodgeroller so he can't avoit the undodgeable Meteor?

If you stun your ennemy with streak before meteor impact he will not be able to block it.

The problem is that any competent player block when they got the telegraphed sound/animation, so the streak will also be blocked => no stun for meteor, the all combo is blocked and so useless.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you stun your ennemy with streak before meteor impact he will not be able to block it.

The problem is that any competent player block when they got the telegraphed sound/animation, so the streak will also be blocked => no stun for meteor, the all combo is blocked and so useless.

Yeah but you may as well just rune cage them.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but you may as well just rune cage them.

Roll the cage then block the meteor.

Sorc is trash, the telegraphed sorc burst make sorc trash on competitive scene. You cannot use a hard burst because meteor is always countered.

The summerset cage was too much because it increased the burst damage and it made all soft and ultimate burst having 100% chance to land.

Sorc should be able to land his ultimate burst like other class, that's mean with a non 100% counterable burst.

Meteor mean no burst because it's always blocked. You cannot always block a DBoS or dodge an incap because the player skill can make it work. Meteor, by design, cannot work.

Sorc is trash.
  • wuka91
    wuka91
    ✭✭
    The changes to rune cage imho was too much. Now rolly polly classes will dominate. They say that rune cage needs to be counterable. Okay that's absolutely fine but to dodge a rune cage requires insane reaction times to dodge when you hear rune cage being activate or by anticipation rolling.

Anticipation rolling is not a true "counter" to rune cage. All it does is buff stamina classes and makes the mag sorc waste magicka and thus creating negative momemtum in a pvp fight.

What they should have done with rune cage was if they wanted to make it dodgeable - fine make it dodgeable - but if any stam classes decides to anticipation roll just because they believe the rune cage will come out. A fair change would be so that once the mag sorc sees that a stam class has rolled in anticipation there should be an open window where stam classes will get rune caged with 100% certainty after slightly delaying the rune cage. But it is in my experience that a stam class can simply double roll to avoid a rune cage. This should not be the case imo. Anticipation rolls should be able to get punished.

Plus rune cage usually isn't even cast immediately until after being applied with a curse. And curse is already highly telegraphic.

Other reasonable changes to rune cage would have been to reduced the range so meteor/runecage would not be viable unless the mag sorc risked entering near melee range to commit the combo. The change from 5 to 3.5 seconds is definitely warranted tho. 5 seconds was way to long.

The changes to rune cage were imho a response from the developers to cater to trash casual players playing in cyrodiil. Where people are getting rune caged left and right by zerglings. In BG the nerf to rune cage completely destroyed the mag sorc class. Now almost any "competent" stam class can mitigate any pressure mag sorcs brings to the table by either LoS or rolly polly.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a pretty good connection for OL play. I'm running AT&T fiber optic and don't really have lag issues on console, but console itself can sometimes be buggy.

Playing with OL requires this nuance of understanding when the animation or skill has actually gone off even though you don't see the animation.

I can't tell you how many kills I get by pressing my combination with the correct timing and only after 3-4 button presses does the damage actually get represented on the screen and my opponent starts sliding all over the map.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you must have a good connection to do that. i cant just switch to overload i need to press it two or five times to make ult work and often it turns into total mess with bars

It’s even better when you still have that resto in your hands when the char finally switches to the overload stance and you shoot the OL attacks with the resto still visible in the left hand.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

It’s even better when you still have that resto in your hands when the char finally switches to the overload stance and you shoot the OL attacks with the resto still visible in the left hand.

I'll tell you a trick I haven't told anyone - animations are smoother for the OL bar if you have a Restoration staff on. Destruction staff gets hung up, and I have no idea why.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most players dodge roll the telegraphed animation instead of blocking it to take no damage, as they get nervous that a Rune Cage is coming next so they try to close distance with dodge rolls as quickly as possible and pressure the single shield on the bar.

My intended use would be to move into OL - this animation itself generally puts the defender on notice, throw up Entropy - they sense the attack is coming - fire the attack and dodge roll into a streak - catching them midroll with the streak and opening them up for the LA to land.

When I combo off the OL bar I don't stay on it for more than 2-3 seconds. Against DK's and Temp's I don't really use OL except as an opener with Blast + OL LA to force them to break free - this gives me a 1 CC advantage on them from the outset of the fight, when they come off their S/B to brawl I drop Atronach and Mines and heavy attack with a resto staff, combined with escapist poison & Thurvokun proc puddle that I'm standing in while the Atro protects me they usually end up dying thinking they've got me until they start eating Atro AOE's to the face.

I should note about 99% of Sorc's use OL incorrectly - they stay on the bar WAY to long - (1-2 LA max and then you should be dropping OL form) - they don't animation cancel the switch to the form by dodge rolling (which helps to eliminate the telegraph) - and they don't know that you can Curse - Execute - Clench - OL Form Animation Cancel - OL LA (you can actually do this in conjunction with another roll that will sometimes allow you to get 2 OL LA's off in the same time frame it usually takes someone to get off 1 OL LA, which is almost guaranteed death).

The only time the clench strategy fails is if you knock them back uphill, as they are able to execute a break free more rapidly and usually dodge the OL LA - like I said earlier, in my experience it's always a dodge roll - which I'm totally okay with burning 64 ultimate multiple times in a fight to force them to dodge roll before I turtle up, as it makes them burn a lot more stamina than they normally would which might lead to a clench stun that doesn't allow them to break free at all and they definitely die.

@MalagenR

We wish OL was this fluid LoL

I'm calling bs because you can't even leave OL until the OL light attack lands. You can cancel the animation leaving or entering OL (by blocking as well as Dodge rolling... Blocking being easier and less painful on your stamina pool) but that doesn't change the fact that it takes a GCD still.

And this is beyond the fact that landing OL light attacks is so glitchy, and leaving and entering the bar when quickly combined with bar swaps gets extremely glitchy.

OL is just better replaced with other passive ultimates at this point in the game. Destro ult for 8% damage (I hate destruction staff abilities), temporal guard for 8% less damage against you, etc etc
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I've tried this strategy and in big zergs with lag I almost always get hung up on lag and bar swap/ OL mode not changing or OL light attacks not going.

In small lagfree PvP it's much more viable.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not denying you get stuck on OL bar and that it's buggy, that's why I put a thread out that said Fix Overload, but more often than not I'm able to execute.