The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix the damn locked in sprint bug.

Ariades_swe
Ariades_swe
✭✭✭✭✭
Been driving me nuts since Summerset.
Lost so many fights cause of locked in sprint and can't use abilities.
Only happens to me in pvp regardless of lag or not.
Edited by Ariades_swe on August 17, 2018 2:32PM
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprint bug?
    How about the fix the damn staff heavy-attack bug? That's been in for about a year. -.-
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been driving me nuts since Summerset.
    Lost so many fights cause of locked in sprint and can't use abilities.
    Only happens to me in pvp regardless of lag or not.

Happened 3 times in 2 hours to me tonight, all 3 times in the middle of battle. Getting real *** sick of it.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This such a game breaking bug, be it PvP (in BGs, IC or Cyro) or PvE, made me rage quit more than once. Either give us a step by step solution for how not to let it happen or fix this bug in the next incremental patch.

It's not fun when I am about to win and lose just because of a bug.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprint bug?
    How about the fix the damn staff heavy-attack bug? That's been in for about a year. -.-

Make your own thread.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This such a game breaking bug, be it PvP (in BGs, IC or Cyro) or PvE, made me rage quit more than once. Either give us a step by step solution for how not to let it happen or fix this bug in the next incremental patch.

Only way for me to not let it happen is to never sprint while attacking a target.
    Had to rebind my sprintbutton on my controller so I don't push L3 down in the heat of the moment and start sprint.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To fix this, simply tap sprint again maybe a couple of times in rapid succession. This will at least allow you to play the game while waiting for a fix.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭

Only way for me to not let it happen is to never sprint while attacking a target.
    Had to rebind my sprintbutton on my controller so I don't push L3 down in the heat of the moment and start sprint.

Dedication
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sprint bug?
    How about they fix the damn staff heavy-attack bug? That's been in for about a year. -.-

Make your own thread.

Har har. -_-
    My point was, don't hold your breath. They haven't fixed the staff bug in over a year. Do you really think they're gonna fix the sprint bug in a few weeks/months?
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    To fix this, simply tap sprint again maybe a couple of times in rapid succession. This will at least allow you to play the game while waiting for a fix.

Whilst standing still, but yeah that usually works. Or run yourself out of stamina, best we've got
    PC EU
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens most amongst laggy large zergs, and has killed me more than once.

Seriously Cyrodiil PvP is in a much worse state than when I left it a year and half ago for lag related bugs like this.

I must be a glutton for punishment.
  • Ceepax
    Ceepax
    ✭✭✭
    YES YES YES WHY IS THIS STILL A THING?!?!? NEED FIX ASAP
    Lil Ceep
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaWeeb wrote: »

Whilst standing still, but yeah that usually works. Or run yourself out of stamina, best we've got

Running myself out of Stamina is the only thing that has worked for me...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭

Thats not a solution when it happens during a fight.....Its a suicide....
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zodiac_ wrote: »

Thats not a solution when it happens during a fight.....Its a suicide....

No doubt...

The only thing you can do if (from my experience) this happens to you during a fight is try to run away...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno guys I just press sprint button again and it helps me to remove bug :(
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s not a bug. It’s intended. Same as how sound used to cut out when the server couldn’t handle all the calculations. When too many spells are going off, the game will shut off your skills and give you a time out because it can’t crunch all the spell calculations.

Temporary solution: Stop stacking into Vivec which is a laggy mess with queue times. Try Shor.
    Edited by Skoomah on August 22, 2018 10:44AM
  • Ceepax
    Ceepax
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    It’s not a bug. It’s intended. Same as how sound used to cut out when the server couldn’t handle all the calculations. When too many spells are going off, the game will shut off your skills and give you a time out because it can’t crunch all the spell calculations.

Temporary solution: Stop stacking into Vivec which is a laggy mess with queue times. Try Shor.

Nope, for me its since Summerset expansion before i never had this issue in laggy situations.
    Lil Ceep