The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How does Dragon Blood work?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I am finally playing a dragon knight. I chose the Dragon Blood perk and I don't know how it works. I thought when I use it and I see my heart pumping I thought I keep healing all the time. So I keep dying since. So is it a one time use and if I am below health, I need to activate it again? Is it only active so I am getting better heal done?

Confused and don't know how to use it properly. Any help and tips would be appreciated.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a one time heal based on how much health you are missing. It does not heal you over time. The visual effects stays in you to indicate whether or not the buffs that you also get are still active. So if the heart is pumping you are still buffed, but you only heal when the skill is first activated.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives you a chunk of instant healing, plus an increased rate of healing for the next 20 seconds. It doesn't make you immune from taking damage, so your health can still drop, if a little slower.

You can re-cast when the icon shows, meaning you have the resources to re-cast, and that will get you the instant heal part again, but the amount depends on how much you've lost, and the rest of the 20 seconds is wasted. So doing it too soon is a waste of magicka resources.

Probably the best approach is to treat it as a panic button, and just use it when just before your health drops enough to get one-shot killed. That gets you the largest amount of instant heal. You have to have enough magicka to cast it, so you want to be conserving that, or getting it back from heavy magical attacks or regeneration. Make sure you have a healing potion as a safety net, in case you're low on magicka as well as health.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much. This helps a lot. Greatly appreciated it.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"