Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why the *** is my character locked

AngelAffinity
AngelAffinity
Soul Shriven
so i made my first character on pc ever on like Sunday, and playied for like 2 days, thats when it happend. i was just running and jumping to get mats and i randomly lost connection to the server. tried getting back in and im locked out error 326. i have been talking to support for like 4-5 days and its like all i keep getting is computer emails about how my pc might not be up to date(which it is) and all then when i can go into the game and make a whole new charcter and run the game on high. idk if this is like normal, but man i just want to level so i can go dungen hunting with friends ya know.! please let me know in what i can do.

Best Answer

• StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me once.
    I raged a lot, it was my main crafter.
    After 3 days issue was resolved by zos.
    Answer ✓
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    I've been with ESO since beta, so i'll try to help you out the best I can :)

Are you unable to log into a single character or your whole account?

Also, I think you started playing during the free to play days? That was a limited time event, so if you haven't yet, you may need to purchase the base game.
  • AngelAffinity
    AngelAffinity
    Soul Shriven

ummm no I bought the full game with Summerset and everything and yes I am locked out of one character that's it, I made a new one test if I can still play which rules out my pc being the issue. I'm just confused on why support is so unsupportive
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could your character’s name be construed as offensive to others?

Sometimes players get locked out by ZOS until they change their character name so it’s not offensive.

Either way, you should probably list your support ticket number in the General Help forums so that an actual human being looks at it.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 18, 2018 6:53PM
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, it sounds to me like it's an issue only customer support can fix. I'm not sure i'd be able to be any help. I can only suggest sending a new support ticket and hopefully they'll be a bit more helpful.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I hope you manage to fix the issue :)
  • AngelAffinity
    AngelAffinity
    Soul Shriven
    thank you any way for at least trying and i don't think that it can be offensive its a rando gen
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AngelAffinity

Do you use any VPN, or 2nd party 'network optimising' software for your NIC?

Error 326 is commonly associated with a name violation, but, as I learned in early 2017 when I started playing, it is now a more generic error code.

For me, the ASUS software that came with my motherboard included their 'GamerFast' or some such for the NIC.

It was basically flagging me as speed-hacking. I had constant Error 326 lockouts.

My advice, speak with CS. The first emails ALWAYS bounce back as closed or whatever. ALWAYS reply so it gets put to a human. I provided a screenshot of all installed software and they accepted I was not speed hacking.

It took some time to figure out, but, there you go.

Good luck!
  • AngelAffinity
    AngelAffinity
    Soul Shriven
    honestly i just gave up and made a new charcter

cuss why not i was only level 20 thank you for the help tho