The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

New Respec System

VirtualElizabeth
VirtualElizabeth
✭✭✭✭
Hello All!

Just wondering how the skill respec system works now. I was curious so I went to the shrine but I only saw the option to refund all or refund just the morphs. How do you respec a single skill now?

Thanks!
@ElizabethInTamriel
NA/PC
Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can respect a single skill? That is news to me. I only thought we respect ALL skills or just MORPHED skills.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • MacMurroughTheFirst
    I haven't read anything about just a single skill reset but I wish it was possible. I remember before the morph change, I'd heard once or twice that it was meant to be a gold sink but I don't know how true that is honestly.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You certainly can respec a single skill now ... but unfortunately the cost for one skill point is the same as if you were doing a full respec.

The main thread on this issue is linked here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430414/single-skill-respec-costs-the-same-as-a-full-respec/p1
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You pay for the opportunity to change all your skills or all your morphs. The cost is upfront, no matter how many skills you actually change.

Before, all your skill points would be refunded and you had to reset them, even if you only wanted to change one or two skills,

Now, you'll see a + / - sign next to each skill which allows you to take out the skill points you want and add them where you want without having to reset your whole build.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 18, 2018 3:48AM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You pay for the opportunity to change all your skills or all your morphs. The cost is upfront, no matter how many skills you actually change.

Before, all your skill points would be refunded and you had to reset them, even if you only wanted to change one or two skills,

Now, you'll see a + / - sign next to each skill which allows you to take out the skill points you want and add them where you want without having to reset your whole build.

Now I see this. LOL I just think I threw away about 20 000 because I was thinking it was the old way and was wondering why nothing was changing so I clicked again to respect. Thanks for sharing this, hope this will save me another 20 000 next time lol.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"