Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's time to make Crowns tradable currency in ESO

MaitieS
MaitieS
Soul Shriven
Dear ZOS,

I know that you gave us option to send GIFTS but people get scammed everyday especially on Anniversary events (discounts on DLCs etc.). It would be more effective to make Crown tradeable currency because:
1) It will be 100% safe (C.O.D option, hand-by-hand trades)
2) You will never see another Support Tickets with: I got scammed please give me refund etc. (because in the future you will get more and more tickets and yes I know that you are not doing refunds).

Please ZOS, consider to add this in the future because this would be such a good Q.O.L improvement.
  • Rheknir
    Rheknir
    ✭✭
    That would certainly make all the trading of Crowns easier.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with this, but I think there would be many that would be against it. I think the next step might be to give the currently giftable items the ability to be traded mailed and sold on guild stores in containers. Once opened, they are bound to the player. Just outright making crowns a tradable currency may be a bit too far for ZOS to go all in one step. I'm sure there are games out there that allow for their equivalent of crowns to be directly traded, but there are probably more that have tradable cash shop items.
  • ashkir
    ashkir
    If Crowns can be traded for Gold, I feel like they should just have a token that can be listed on Guild Traders. Let us transfer crowns for gold via traders. Guild gets a cut to fund the trader, and it's all in game through a safe way. Using the token grants 1500 crowns or something like that.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could do what Guild Wars 2 does and let you buy gold with crowns but every time someone does that the cost goes up and when people convert gold to crowns the price goes down. I guess the only problem would be that ZOS would get less money from people buying crowns.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then again the people buying crowns to convert to gold would kinda even it out anyway.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about time this happens. Everyone is doing it.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be much better to have gold in the crown store.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. Totally.

Just personal view but the allowing/endorsing gifting for gold is just a mistake.

It's heading to pay to win, and really only benefits shortcutting and ZOS pockets.

Buying crown items with gold direct from zos, I'm more ok with as players have earnt that gold in game. But that drops zos profits so they wont
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC EU and want a safe way to trade gold for Crown store gifts check out Tamriel Crown Exchange EU @ https://discord.gg/mpevGgE
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since trading gold for crowns is allowed, this will make it even easier and should be a thing
  • rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    WoW has a token system in which you pay for an item for real money, which you sell through an ingame service for a fluctuating price, regulated by supply and demand. Thus you can "buy gold" indirectly, from other peoples pockets
    and
    another can buy cash shop items for ingame gold.

With the gifting already being allowed, i think its time to introduce a similar token system, so that it becomes safer and reliable for all parties involved.
    Im not your pal, beeko.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some off-topic commentary. Please ensure that the discussion remains on topic. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ArthurMatheson
    It would require a tiny bit of work like "first 1500 crowns of an account are not tradeable" but since ZOS does allow crown trading I can't see a reason why they wouldn't add crowns in their officially supported ingame trading system. It's probably a bit too early to think about buying new crowns for gold, though, so I'd just suggest to go forward with this step and only then think of further possibilities.
    Edited by ArthurMatheson on August 19, 2018 7:19AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please describe how trading crowns is 100% safe for both CoDs and hand to hand trading?

This also means how does this lead to Zos never seeing another support ticket about being scammed.

OPs statement, and opinion. do not make sense. I understand (s)he believes what is stated but it seems more a fallacy than anything else which is why I am asking for such basic explanations as to why (s)he thinks this.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, everyone essentially wants gold to be buyable with crowns?

Good lord, what happened to the community when I was away? Is this what we have come to?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • MaitieS
    MaitieS
    Soul Shriven
    So, everyone essentially wants gold to be buyable with crowns?

Good lord, what happened to the community when I was away? Is this what we have come to?

I am sorry but it's already happening. It all started when ZOS introduced GIFT system in ESO. I just want to make crown as normal currency because I don't want to people get scammed.
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    its already happening!
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with tradeable Crown Items, if not tradeable Crowns.

Either is needed, the system that is in place right now is haphazard and requires people to risk getting scammed out of real money by getting involved in trading Crown Items. Because of that risk, many more people avoid it.

That's just a bad business model. If ZOS made at least Crown Items tradeable, so many more people would take part in trading, and that opens up a whole new revenue stream for ZOS.
    PC-NA Goat
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the conversion rate is 100g to 1cr on PC NA, seems too low imho and I wouldn’t ever trade for or sell crowns nor would recommend it as it’s against ToS
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skyhawk002 wrote: »
    Apparently the conversion rate is 100g to 1cr on PC NA, seems too low imho and I wouldn’t ever trade for or sell crowns nor would recommend it as it’s against ToS
    Sadly mate, it's not. That's the dark path this has gone down. ZOS confirmed on here you can trade in game items. So Gold for Crowns is ok. Gold for IRL cash is not.

It's a way for then to make a buck, and an indirect way to reduce gold selling (which is not allowed)

But it's a crappy path with many implications. This is worst than crown crates for being a daft route as far as I'm concerned.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP