Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bugged Crafting Stations and Assistants in homes.

Runs
Runs
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
No, this is NOT a placement issue.

This has been happening a lot lately. People come into my home and can not use attuned crafting stations or assistants until they reload ui. Here is the issue happening on a character of one of my alt accounts who is using no addons.

First you can see she can't use any of the attuned stations or the assistants, but can use the normal crafting stations. Then after a /reloadui she can.

https://youtu.be/m5RgeaDQ5EM

This is rather frustrating as a guild leader. Some people come in and are thinking they do not have permissions. While most people ask about it or figure it out on their own, I have to wonder if I have lost anyone because they couldn't access the stations.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have regular stations but not had this issue.

I have noticed some addon weirdness lately, so my first thought is, has anyone tried this sans addons? Of course the reloadui is part of this process, so the addons would have to be removed prior to entering the House.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I only have regular stations but not had this issue.

I have noticed some addon weirdness lately, so my first thought is, has anyone tried this sans addons? Of course the reloadui is part of this process, so the addons would have to be removed prior to entering the House.

Thought it didn't have any addons on, but double checking looks like it had Go Home and Postmaster on. Still far too many people are having this issue and I don't think it's from one of those two addons.

This also isn't a specific home issue, it's also happened with Daggerfall Overlook and Forsaken Stronghold. I believe the first time I heard of it was when Morrowind was released. Before that the only issues where placement and would only affect a single station.
    Edited by Runs on September 26, 2017 6:57PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with assistants at my home. I put in support tickets and they told me it was a placement issue. When I told them it was not, they said I should make a youtube video and send them link....ffs.

xbox na
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem with Linchal Manor. This is gonna be a HUGE issue to stop people from buying new houses.

Would appreciate if anyone can take a look into this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

PC NA

Thanks
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very much so still an issue,
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This only appears to happen when interactable objects are placed upon other placed items. Using the pre-made floor works all of the time.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭

[Incident: 180525-000930] Customer Service Ticket

i have the same issue at my own guild hall with many set stations not showing interaction prompts. though for me i get the same stations working and not working the same as other people that visit the house. i move or place any 1 item on the property. instantly hundreds of set stations work for everyone with no issue. it continues to work for me and everyone else while i am online. i can even change characters and they remain working. once i go offline for at least 15 mins (maybe instantly). the bug of about 90% of the set stations are no longer interactable for anyone in guild. my set stations are at Forsaken Stronghold. i had no issue for around 9 months, until a couple weeks back. i have less set jewellery stations then the other types which always give issues. the jewellery stations are always ones that are working fine. for another person that had a very similar issue a long time a go. i would visit the house. most stations had no prompt to interact. all stations were placed in the craglorn cavern with no platforms. all stations placed on the natural flooring of that house. as soon as they would arrive in the door. all would instantly work. as soon as they left, majority of stations would instantly stop working. that person ended up changing homes and has done little effort in making a good looking guild hall again. i also have another guildie with the same issue and their own assistants saying how they need to place them down 1 to 2 times a day to use them. those are also placed on the ground with no flooring added

my suggestion for a fix is that these types of interactable items do not need to be placed on the ground like they currently require and were more like other interactable furnishings that work if the cursor can reach a part of it. regardless if its in the air. many houses flooring is so bad that having stations straight is basically impossible in most houses without platforms. this bug i have seen on both platforms and no platforms being used underneath. making this change would also make a lot of people very happy as they could decorate their stations with items which is a highly wanted thing i have heard form many

this is a very problematic issue. one i have seen since near the start of housing. i was always afraid i would get this bug. and now i have a couple weeks back. im left with trying different flooring which i doubt will work. or moving all stations to a new house and start all over from scratch. whilst hoping i dont get the bug another time. so i wont be doing much effort to the place due to the bug being around. it will definitely play in to my decision of buying any further homes

PC NA

navw2csfrvnm.png

EDIT: a reloadui or relog does not work for me or any visitors to my house. only placing any 1 item on the property is the only thing i can do and stay online for others to use the stations. the moment i do that. all stations become interactable for everyone including myself. everything else in that youtube clip is exactly the way things work at mine since this bug started
    Edited by mrpaxman on May 31, 2018 8:19AM
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    i am left with a guild full of people that can not use the house shown in the previous picture. i now have made the first steps in starting all over again thanks to this immense waste of time, of a bug. :'( weeks of constantly trying to do fixes, workarounds, anything and everything. not to mention the insane amount of hours, gold and real life money gone in to this 100% personally funded house. housing was one of the most wanted things i have wanted since day 1 because of Skyrim. its now been many times worse then everything else to do with managing a large guild that does everything. currently i am setting up a new area at the new GH before i tear things down at the current one. if anyone has got any suggestions or thoughts on trying to get things working. im all ears :)
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

This has been happening a lot lately. People come into my home and can not use attuned crafting stations or assistants until they reload ui. Here is the issue happening on a character of one of my alt accounts who is using no addons.

First you can see she can't use any of the attuned stations or the assistants, but can use the normal crafting stations. Then after a /reloadui she can.

This is rather frustrating as a guild leader. Some people come in and are thinking they do not have permissions. While most people ask about it or figure it out on their own, I have to wonder if I have lost anyone because they couldn't access the stations.

I'd like to add my 400 person complaint :/
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭

Did you ever come up with a solution to this? Thousands of hours put into making this guild hall and 400+ ppl can't use it.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like the game isn't checking the placement of the furnishings for errors until the position needs to be checked when you are placing an item. They're all considered in an error default state until then.

Perhaps the permissions aren't loaded until an item is placed.

I did notice that when I visit a friend's home I often get "your permissions for this house have changed" in the upper right of my screen when they are doing something. They may be moving or placing items or using stations or the storage chests or it even seems to happen when anybody else enters the home.
    Either that or the above idea could be the cause or something else entirely.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 4, 2018 5:03AM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »

Did you ever come up with a solution to this? Thousands of hours put into making this guild hall and 400+ ppl can't use it.

Yeah... The solution is don't build anything.

My home is now the Coldharbour Estate and every station is placed on the original floor. Since I have done this, I have not had one person asking why they can't use the stations anymore. I believe the issue is the load order. Sometimes the stations load first and the game thinks they are floating on air, so they are unusable. I think a fix the devs could do is make it so anything labeled "Service" is automatically last on the load order, so all player made flooring is in place when they load.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    g3heULy.png

This is pretty much my home now, function over form. I have actually had to move the dye/transmute/enchanting/alchemy stations off of the crown store platforms I put them on, as players where having issues with those.

I really do hope this issue is eventually fixed.
  • rebrur2
    rebrur2
    ✭✭
    I have this issue lately with Hakkvilds.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is a known issue if you're crafting stations are not on the actuall flooring, if you use any type of flooring other than the natural one - this will happen

hence the reason that ZoS made Cold Harbor Real Estate
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still an issue :(
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    An issue for me aswell, can't use Alchemy, Enchanting and Cooking in my house...
  • dave011
    dave011
    ✭✭✭
    Did have the same issue with the crafting stations when placed on a build surface in Hundings and has been a ongoing issue since homestead lanced.

There is 2 ways around it.

1 reload ui " if that not work"
    2 pick up and put down any furnishing item in the house.

Have since moved all of the stations to coldharbour and they work 100% of the time.

What I think is happening is that the stations are placed first then the floor is placed and they are thinking they are sitting in mid air. Have seen it first hand when logging into hundings but don't have video of it and not shifting all the stations to get 1;)
    Edited by dave011 on August 18, 2018 9:16PM
    PC/NA
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    This is still an issue and is not just related to crafting. Mundus and Dummies also experience this issue. Other players come in and tell me that my stuff is "floating" even though it was placed flat.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can we please have a response in this as this issue had gone without a fix for too long.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Official response
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5429621#Comment_5429621

Today's PTS patch notes:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/440792/pts-patch-notes-v4-2-4
    -"Improved the reliability of interactable objects (such as Crafting Stations) when they are placed validly on other furnishings in player homes."
    Edited by mrpaxman on October 15, 2018 4:44PM
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WOOOOOOO :smiley:

Looks like we will finally be able to start using our own floors again, soon.