The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MAG DK Questions

Fiveboro
Fiveboro
✭✭
What is better to run on a mag dk - molten armaments or structured entropy??

Virtually the same spellpower buff but entropy provides a negligible amount of damage and healing but also needs to be applied more frequently.

Opinions on what works best for you?
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Molten increases the damage of your heavy attacks
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molten also buffs allies around you, whether in a coordinated group or not it is more helpful than entropy.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I feel if you're running skoria go with entropy, otherwise go molten.
    Depends on how you play really.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Degeneration ftw, molten has much less maintenance though.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP. Entropy, either morph. Its a dot (for valkyn/small pressure) a hot, (adds up) mages guild passives, and depending on the morph an extra RNG heal on LAs on a target with it on, or slight extra coag heal when switching onto the bar. Its worth 1/2 of a molten cast and half the time, but does a lot more.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say molten since you can focus on more things, you can do nasty heavy attack&skill combos and you can get some stamina by activating it if really needed (for example you are low on stamina and you know you can get stunned really soon again). Both have there pros and cons, but I always chose stronger burst over better dots (other dots should already do enough damage in my opinion).
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got to go with molten, less maintenance and increased HA damage. Also if you wind up in a situation where you have to run (like in battlegrounds where you can jump off a ledge and make an escape) the entropy animation will tell the enemy what direction you've run off too. Also If you have entropy running and you go into sneak (again trying to avoid enemies like in a battleground like capture relic) your gonna get pulled out of sneak because youll be doing damage every tick. I know stealth isn't usually a huge concern for DK but when your playing objective BG games it is useful.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiveboro wrote: »
    What is better to run on a mag dk - molten armaments or structured entropy??

Virtually the same spellpower buff but entropy provides a negligible amount of damage and healing but also needs to be applied more frequently.

Opinions on what works best for you?

What staff do you use, lit or flame?

If you use Lit, then molten
    if you use flame, then entropy

Lit staff is more favored of the full heavy dmg increase since it is not dodgeable neither reflectable, besides HA can proc skoria, so you don't need another dot to make it work outside of the regular ones (embers, reach, even engulfing). On top of that, the magicka recovery of full heavy lit helps a lot.

Flame staff is wonderful for entropy, especially for regeneration. Since your full heavy attacks are often dodged, you take little advantage of molten, so you have to weave to do big dmg. If you pair that weave with the chance of healing on degeneration and proc Skoria.

My 2 cents
    Edited by Xvorg on August 17, 2018 8:21PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique