Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

House Co-ownership

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm guessing this has probably been requested before. My friend and I decided to go all in on a house for our toons, but the decorating privileges leave a lot to be desired. She would be comfortable with me being able to place items, but of course, I can't, nor can I place down a storage coffer of my own. I'm also unable to contribute individual furniture items from the crown store. I don't even have the ability to gift her items to place in the home. Is there some limitation in the infrastructure that explains why co-ownership isn't a feature?
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect its because ZOS doesn't want to deal with inevitable people who will go in on a house together, then have a falling out, and someone takes all the stuff.

ZOS doesn't want to become a divorce court :)

You should be able to trade her any furnishings that aren't bound, most of which are achievement related.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I suppose that's a possible explanation. My common sense wants to say ZOS wouldn't be liable for that, but that doesn't stop people from trying to make it their problem.

I guess I'll just have to stick with furnishings earnable in game. I'll just place my coffer in the tiny apartment. lol
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I suppose that's a possible explanation. My common sense wants to say ZOS wouldn't be liable for that, but that doesn't stop people from trying to make it their problem.

I guess I'll just have to stick with furnishings earnable in game. I'll just place my coffer in the tiny apartment. lol

That and you can always help them with Overland achievements and buying furnishing/craft them.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that too. We'll still have lots to do. It's not that big a deal at the end of the day! Thank you.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been brought up and Zos will never make it possible. It’s just a hornets nest they are best to avoid.

People are friends now but go separate ways. Sometimes feelings get hurt. Zos doesn’t wan to get into divorce court or anything like that.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that too. We'll still have lots to do. It's not that big a deal at the end of the day! Thank you.

You can put the stuff into a guild bank or mail it to her if you aren't both on at the same time. Then she can leave a pile for you to arrange later. Best workaround I could think of.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that could work. It also could be kind of... fun, in a silly way. Like coming in and unpacking boxes.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how I did it with my gaming partner. I'd send mail with subjects like "This stuff outside" "This stuff inside" :)

Because you can't move stuff in and outside if you're not the owner.

I'd love co-ownership too - I get why they don't do it but at the same time it irks me because at some point the expectation has to fall on the player, not ZOS, to deal with their own personal crap.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree. I don't think ZOS should be liable in circumstances like that.