Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make transmute crystal packs available in crown store

• MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave transmute crystals as is.
    ✭✭✭
    Just put 50 crystals as a login reward once per month. (they already do AP and tel var stones}
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    JiDul wrote: »
    @Starlock , even if it takes twice as long, even if you can't do the HM's and just do plain ordinary Vet, it's still nowhere near 120 hours. If you can't stand the dungeons on a given day, double up on another day with more than one character.

Do one vet pledge a day, pick the easy one, and it's guaranteed 60-150 stones a month, and that's if you only do it on a single character.

You can show up in Cyrodiil and help capture a few resources or ride the zerg by accident and get to Tier 3 in 30 days - that alone will net you 50 per character, guaranteed.

You can get 30 per month on a single character by doing a random norm each day. Please don't come back and say most people won't be able to do a random norm. Do that on three characters over the course of 30 days, and that's 150 stones.

Lose at BG's three times a day (< 1 hour, more likely less than 30 minutes, and if you lose horribly enough, it can be over before your queue cooldown is up.) and it's guaranteed 120 - 750 stones a month.

So well less than an hour a day, gets you 120 at absolute minimum.

Unless you just despise every piece of content that it used to earn them, I'm not buying it.

How do you not see the problem with what you just said? Every one of those requires a full MONTH to get...

A full month of doing stuff that some of us don’t really do in the game, meaning we basically aren’t playing the game how we like to for that month. As I said before, it would be nice if there were more ways of earning crystals. In particular, I would add it to crafting writs, blacksmith nodes, and/or treasure chests as a % chance. I always thought it was super weird for a crafting-based functionality to have no sources actually from crafting.

Then why do you even want 'em? xD
    Edited by Mureel on August 14, 2018 11:10PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSlarg wrote: »
    Just put 50 crystals as a login reward once per month. (they already do AP and tel var stones}

That's a good point.

Maybe not 50 at one time, but Transmutation Crystals would not be a bad login reward.

Would rather get those than 3 Crown Soul Gems that don't stack with anything else in my inventory.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    @Starlock , even if it takes twice as long, even if you can't do the HM's and just do plain ordinary Vet, it's still nowhere near 120 hours. If you can't stand the dungeons on a given day, double up on another day with more than one character.

Do one vet pledge a day, pick the easy one, and it's guaranteed 60-150 stones a month, and that's if you only do it on a single character.

You can show up in Cyrodiil and help capture a few resources or ride the zerg by accident and get to Tier 3 in 30 days - that alone will net you 50 per character, guaranteed.

You can get 30 per month on a single character by doing a random norm each day. Please don't come back and say most people won't be able to do a random norm. Do that on three characters over the course of 30 days, and that's 150 stones.

Lose at BG's three times a day (< 1 hour, more likely less than 30 minutes, and if you lose horribly enough, it can be over before your queue cooldown is up.) and it's guaranteed 120 - 750 stones a month.

Unless you just despise every piece of content that it used to earn them, I'm not buying it.

How do you not see the problem with what you just said? Every one of those requires a full MONTH to get...

A full month of doing stuff that some of us don’t really do in the game, meaning we basically aren’t playing the game how we like to for that month. As I said before, it would be nice if there were more ways of earning crystals. In particular, I would add it to crafting writs, blacksmith nodes, and/or treasure chests as a % chance. I always thought it was super weird for a crafting-based functionality to have no sources actually from crafting.

Then why do you even want 'em? xD

To transmute gear, of course. The inacessility of it is more bothersome with jewelry. It is impossible to get the new traits in dropped sets without transmuting. As an example, I have a theif character I role play who would use the swift trait. I can only get it for her on the sets she uses (stygian and shadow dancer) if I transmute. I’ve converted her necklace, but am loathe to do the rest as it will be months before I recover that... and I will have nothing left for all my other characters. :/
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are people against this? its free money for zos and its not like its the equivalent to buying vma weapons.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL pay to win ... man this community is insane.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • First Random Dungeon Finder on each character.
    • First RftW mail per account (20k AP ~ 3 BG's, if you lose horribly.)
    • 10 count geode for end of 7 day campaigns, win or lose.
    • 50 count geode for end of 30 day campaigns, win or lose.
    • 3 Pledges.
    • Chance for drop from end boss of any 4 man, any time.
    • vMA.
    • 5 stones in every trial coffer per week.
    • Miscellaneous event boxes.

TL;DR; You're doing it wrong.

Get out and actually do something and you won't have an issue with stones.

Or you mean waste 120 hours of my life just to get 50 transmute crystals? 15+ mins for each random dungeon that's not including the time you will have to sit wasting away your life waiting in queue that will give you 1-2 crystals. 30+ mins per non-DLC HM pledge and again that's not counting the time waiting in queue that will give 1-5 crystals. Because you can forget about the DLC Pledge because no one wants to do these and if you are a DPS you may as well forget waiting in queue for this. 30-45 mins per normal trial to get 50 of these youd have to do 10. RotW assuming you get a good team, takes 30 mins to complete. I spend most of my time carrying my team with 20+ kills and thats assuming I can get a team that will stick with me. This will give you maybe 3-5 and i only BG on 2 characters because the rest are pve because I cant stand pvp. There are no events going on atm. Still having to wait 7 days for 7 day campaigns, still having to wait 30 days for 30 day campaigns. You see what im getting at here? The way in which you get these takes FAR too long. You will still continue to have an issue with stones until you get enough several weeks later. If you have the minimum of 120 hours to spend farming these things then good on you. But I do not because I would rather be doing other things then smashing my face into the grindstone for 120 hours.

Total BS. You are going about it wrong that's all that post was pointing out. 25k AP (two keeps, heal a zerg, repair 2 keeps) gets you a ROTW there and then, and 50 Crystals at end of campaign, WHICH COULD BE 1 DAY FROM NOW. Sure doing that on all 8 / 10 /12 toons will take a while but you will be flooded in crystals.

You moan about his list but there are crystals for every element of the game. Likewise you have to be playing those elements anyway to get the gear you want to transmute.

It's a non argument. Just play the game.

What next in the crown store going down that path? Might as well sell skill points, monster helms, hell gold lol or AP or XP or Tel Var or anything people can't be bothered doing.

Might as well buy CP780 toons ready to go all skills leveled haha.

If you can't get 25k AP in 20mins you are doing it wrong.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If it takes too long to wait for the crystals, you can farm dungeons instead like people did before transmutation.

I am entertained by this. Transmute crystals were introduced so that people would have to farm traits over and over again. They are a major improvement. But now, expectations have changed and the convenience of transmute crystals doesn't feel sufficiently convenient.

If they make transmute crystals easier to get, I wonder what would be the next convenience demanded so that people could get their gear quicker? Perhaps the ability to transmute a belt to a boot or a sword to an axe?
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuh uh.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    If it takes too long to wait for the crystals, you can farm dungeons instead like people did before transmutation.

I am entertained by this. Transmute crystals were introduced so that people would have to farm traits over and over again. They are a major improvement. But now, expectations have changed and the convenience of transmute crystals doesn't feel sufficiently convenient.

If they make transmute crystals easier to get, I wonder what would be the next convenience demanded so that people could get their gear quicker? Perhaps the ability to transmute a belt to a boot or a sword to an axe?

I suppose my general point is that the system as-is doesn't support the range of players that it could. Currently, it only supports people who regularly PvP or regularly grind group content across multiple characters (specifically, pledges and trials). There are players who don't do either of those things, and they are left out of the system, basically.

That leaves the question of whether or not the system should support a greater range of players. As someone who is left out of the system, I'm obviously going to vote yes on that one, but I understand that the system as conceived wasn't intended to service all players. It feels like something that should have been designed to serve more of the player base, but wasn't. Why not make it at least marginally accessible for solo questers, role players, and so forth? :)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No, only the Alliance war 30 day campaign takes, well, 30 days.

If you do 3 vet pledges a day, same character, different character, doesn't matter, that's 180-450 a month. That means you're able to transmute an item every 4-9 days. So, one hour, one item, every 4-9 days. Double that and it's every 2-5 days.

Tier 1 Alliance war on 5 alts in a seven day campaign and it's 50 stones a week.

Do both things mentioned above, and you're transmuting two items a week, minimum.

How fast are you honestly expecting to be able to earn crystals without playing the game?

The follow up question being, what are you in such a hurry for? What major changes to gear are you needing to make in order to access which content?

Because you're insistence on wanting to hurry things up don't match up with your willingness to play?

They give you better than half a dozen methods to earn these. You seem to like none of the options provided.
    • Pick something.
    • Do that something.
    • Profit.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For someone who doesn’t do PVP at all, and has no desire to do so, getting enough transmute crystals is getting to be too much of a grind again. I’m not sure if you noticed, but ZOS sneaked in a stealth nerf on transmute crystals for dungeon runs. Sure, they changed it so that you now get a minimum of at least 2 crystals on a purple geode, but they also increased the chances that’s ALL you will get, just 2 crystals. I’m not saying that ZOS should put crystals on the crown store, but they need to increase the chances of getting geodes with more than just 2 crystals, and having them as part of our daily rewards once in awhile would be great.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few more options for pve players would be nice or let us sell them since most of us pvp players end up trashing them anyway due to inventory space.

On the flip side to see so many people whining because it takes a few weeks is hilarious. Before stones many of us had to grind for months sometimes years just to get the right item and trait.

Sometimes you have to work for what you want.
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭

If you do 3 vet pledges a day, same character, different character, doesn't matter, that's 180-450 a month. That means you're able to transmute an item every 4-9 days. So, one hour, one item, every 4-9 days. Double that and it's every 2-5 days.

Tier 1 Alliance war on 5 alts in a seven day campaign and it's 50 stones a week.

Do both things mentioned above, and you're transmuting two items a week, minimum.

How fast are you honestly expecting to be able to earn crystals without playing the game?

The follow up question being, what are you in such a hurry for? What major changes to gear are you needing to make in order to access which content?

Because you're insistence on wanting to hurry things up don't match up with your willingness to play?

They give you better than half a dozen methods to earn these. You seem to like none of the options provided.
    • Pick something.
    • Do that something.
    • Profit.

2* items. OOOOOHHH so great. That still took 7-9 days to get. Plus in order to get more than 1-2 transmute per pledge you have to do HM on them. That includes the DLC pledge that no one wants to do. Even so you'd spend an hour in a PUG group for the DLC pledge and end up only getting what? 2-4 stones? That's assuming the PUG group can even complete the HM. The whole point of this entire post was to get ZOS to see that it takes FAR too long just to get 50 transmute crystals. Its very limiting and is a problem. Also not everyone has 50 hours to spend on doing everything it takes to get these.
    Edited by JiDul on August 17, 2018 12:16AM
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe lowering the amount it costs to transmute an item to maybe 25 or 30. Or giving us more in geodes. Or making it a daily reward for logging in for a week. There is more options than just adding them to the crown store. But of course y'all will argue to the death of me about how you're right and i'm wrong and how its some how P2W putting these in the crown store.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

• Pick something.
    • Do that something.
    • Profit.

2* items. OOOOOHHH so great. That still took 7-9 days to get. Plus in order to get more than 1-2 transmute per pledge you have to do HM on them. That includes the DLC pledge that no one wants to do. Even so you'd spend an hour in a PUG group for the DLC pledge and end up only getting what? 2-4 stones? That's assuming the PUG group can even complete the HM. The whole point of this entire post was to get ZOS to see that it takes FAR too long just to get 50 transmute crystals. Its very limiting and is a problem. Also not everyone has 50 hours to spend on doing everything it takes to get these.
    If we're talking pledges, there are three to pick from.

If you're picking the DLC and PuGging it, then the fault's on you. It doesn't take an hour to do BC I, even with an atrocious PuG group. That same, relatively quick pledge is available on every alt you have above L45. RDF daily normals are far more likely to take 10 minutes, grouped with 3 other Max CP's that are just there to burn, than they are to take an hour. And if you get an insurmountable RDF pick, you drop group and move to an alt and try again. Cooldown will be up by the time you're done on the 2nd character.

Transmute was introduced to simplify the grind, which it has. It was not implemented so you could have 12 slot BiS gear in a days' time. It still requires a little effort on your part. Far less effort than it used to, having to grind over and over to get the single piece of gear your were looking for, in the right trait.

It's achievable, and far more reasonable than what it ever has been.

The "not everyone has the time to get these" is BS. You'll earn them at the rate you can earn them, based on the amount of playtime you have available. It's not as if they're on cooldown. It's not as if they expire.

You've yet to answer my question. What is your hurry to get perfectly traited BiS gear in a game you effectively proclaim not to have the time to play?
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on August 22, 2018 11:16AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Could you PvPers please sh.t up about how easy it is to acquire the crystals; in ain't the case for PvEers.
    Thank you.

• Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the system is fine as is. It gives an alternative means to get the gear you want without endlessly grinding the same content. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent in VMA seeking a sharpened inferno and sharpened bow. Literally hundreds and hundreds of runs; I quit the game for a time I got so fed up with it.

The transmute system means you only have to get the item to drop once and then play whatever content you want for a short time to transmute it. Basically all end game activities yield crystals.

I would be fine with them adding crystals as drops for master writs to further round out opportunities to obtain them. But adding them to the crown store is a big leap into P2W territory.

As others have said, if you're not doing PVP and don't like doing dungeons, arenas, or trials, then I really cannot imagine why you would need to transmute anything. All other content can be completed in basic crafted gear and/or BOE overland gear.

I agree that it's a pain to test new gear sets in the current system, but we have lots of resources to draw on as a community to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Finally, it comes across as entitled to want BiS gear without having to put really any time into playing the game to achieve it. They have to give us something to strive for to incentivize playing the game.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalsinthus wrote: »
    As others have said, if you're not doing PVP and don't like doing dungeons, arenas, or trials, then I really cannot imagine why you would need to transmute anything. All other content can be completed in basic crafted gear and/or BOE overland gear.

I made a post about this upstream so no need to use your imagination; it's not about completing the content for some of us. For some of us, it's about having a character concept in mind and building the character in a way that fits that (aka, role playing and fulfilling what we visualize in our imaginations). Having gear that complements your character concept is a big component of that. I couldn't care less about best-in-slot gear or being competitive, but I am passionate about my character and seeing my creative vision realized.
  • JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭

• Pick something.
    • Do that something.
    • Profit.

If we're talking pledges, there are three to pick from.

If you're picking the DLC and PuGging it, then the fault's on you. It doesn't take an hour to do BC I, even with an atrocious PuG group. That same, relatively quick pledge is available on every alt you have above L45. RDF daily normals are far more likely to take 10 minutes, grouped with 3 other Max CP's that are just there to burn, than they are to take an hour. And if you get an insurmountable RDF pick, you drop group and move to an alt and try again. Cooldown will be up by the time you're done on the 2nd character.

Transmute was introduced to simplify the grind, which it has. It was not implemented so you could have 12 slot BiS gear in a days' time. It still requires a little effort on your part. Far less effort than it used to, having to grind over and over to get the single piece of gear your were looking for, in the right trait.

It's achievable, and far more reasonable than what it ever has been.

The "not everyone has the time to get these" is BS. You'll earn them at the rate you can earn them, based on the amount of playtime you have available. It's not as if they're on cooldown. It's not as if they expire.

You've yet to answer my question. What is your hurry to get perfectly traited BiS gear in a game you effectively proclaim not to have the time to play?

Clearly didnt read what i said at all. But to further elaborate: So you did the non-DLC HM pledges on all your 8 of your toons. Thats 2 stones per one maybe 3 or 4, so assuming we all have time to do the non-DLC pledges on all 8 characters we could make 32-36 stones a day. Sounds like alot right? well you didnt factor in the time it took to actually get a pug group because we all know none of us has 8 healers that can get into queue in 5 seconds. So lets assume 6/8 of your characters are dps each of those dps are gonna sit in queue for 15 mins to 30 mins depending on the time of the day. So you have not only wasted an 1 hour and 30 mins to 3 hours at min, each dungeon took you an extra 10-15 mins to do. Thats 12 dungeons that you gotta waste 15 mins max on supposing your theory is correct about being able to do them with pug groups. Thats 3 hours you just spent doing dungeons. Do you have 6 hours of free time just laying around that you can spend getting 36 stones? Maybe 40? Oh okay so you say do your random BG. That will take you another 15-20 mins. Okay lets do our rewards of the worthy take you another 15 mins. Already up to 6 and a half hours. This system has not simplified the grind. You can do normal dungeons and get all the pieces you need in maybe an hour to 2 hours of farming. But you just wasted 6 hours doing dungeons to get not even enough crystals to change the trait. get my point now? i honestly could not have been any more clear. Im honestly sick of people saying "oh well you are doing it wrong because you suck i guess idk im flooded with these" well if you are flooded with crystals its very clear you dont have a life. Because I am a full time student and I work and i dont have 6 hours of time to spend grinding in 1 day. I also would like to point this line out "Far less effort than it used to, having to grind over and over to get the single piece of gear your were looking for, in the right trait." You do know they nerfed how many stones you get right? It used to be alot more. But now you get FAR less. So its honestly clear you dont know what you are talking about.
    Edited by JiDul on August 25, 2018 3:28AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously OP?

Do PvP, barely any effort to get a guaranteed 50 at end of campaign, plus the odd node in Rewards Of The Useless, I have hundreds well over the 200 cap and they are just sitting there taking up inv space on my pvp chars.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• JiDul
    JiDul
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Seriously OP?

Do PvP, barely any effort to get a guaranteed 50 at end of campaign, plus the odd node in Rewards Of The Useless, I have hundreds well over the 200 cap and they are just sitting there taking up inv space on my pvp chars.

Jesus some people are slow... Does anyone even know how to read? Like at all? Bet me this guy ^ read the first line and commented immediately afterward without even finishing the entire post or reading any comments that further elaborate.... I will say it ONE MORE TIME. The point of this post was to get people and Zenimax to see that the system is not working. It takes WAY too long. Sure you could get 25k ap and wait 30 days in order to reap the benefits of your hard worked time spent in pvp (sarcasm). BUT THATS 30 DAYS FROM NOW!.... I'm not worried about how long it takes to get 25k AP that will take you 10 mins but do you get 50 crystals immediately after that 10 mins of farming those AD and EP in their towers? No... You dont.. Im more concerned about the 30 days im going to have to wait in order to get the things i need. Like how much more do I have to say it?????? They made a system that seems nice but in the end the countless hours and time that you need to spend in order to get these is beyond ridiculous..... I may as well go farm the dungeon 10 times and get the right trait... At least that will take you less than 2 hours. Unlike doing pledges for 6 as stated above... Man.. I went through all the trouble of explaining all of that and no one even reads it...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    Cously wrote: »
    Maybe increase the amount of opportunities of getting them in game.

Get enough RotW (through PvP in Cyro IC or BG) and you will have several golden geodes depending on your RNG. I have had times when I transmuted stuff just to make space in my inventory.

Yes but the OP stated not everyone PVP.

Not everyone likes to PvE yet we somehow still end up being forced to grind stuff there. So?