Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I see everyone with the quakecon pet

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Maybe it’s just me, but I would rather PLAY the game than watching someone stream play the game. So I guess I’ll never get the torchbug pet then. So much for customer loyalty.

So the thing about Twitch is: It's outreach. This is trying to get to people who don't play the game, getting to pay attention, and pick it up. So, the Torchbugs are two-way loyalty. You're going out there, and getting attention in a larger sphere. Your views help ESO's placement in Twitch's analytics. The Bug, and other giveaways are designed to encourage that, and to encourage new players to join. That's the entire reason the team has codes for new copies with Summerset, not just upgrade codes. And, it's working, right now ESO is 41st on Twitch, and it is getting attention and getting new players into the game.

I believe the numbers are inflated because twitch drops are on and a few major ESO streamers are on too. when drops are not on, ESO normally cruises between 1k-2k viewers.

It is. Also, because QuakeCon is going on, there's extra attention to Bethesda in general. And, Alcast is streaming right now. He pulls in about 1k when he's online. It's still getting attention to the game.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd totally buy the torchbug pet!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Head over to Twitch and watch members of our Stream Team. They have codes they give out that grant these pets

This is so underhanded.

Look at the correlation between top donators to said streams and who gets the codes.

It's basically non-existent.

Nice statement of fact. To get your general non-existent statement do you have evidence to back it up with?. Please link i will read and re-evaluate my stance if need be.

This is where the water gets murky. There is no stipulation to streamers to be fair with these codes firstly and secondly there is zero transparency tracking this which only reinforces my underhand observation.

So you want them to provide evidence to dissuade you from your own proofless opinion?

The entitlement is real.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Nice statement of fact. To get your general non-existent statement do you have evidence to back it up with?. Please link i will read and re-evaluate my stance if need be.

Sure, give me a second:

Actually, you know, watch the streams, instead of crying about how the guys who throw a lot of money around are automatically winning. Because, you know, there's a lot of times when the codes go to randos.

You can also check out the bot they're using, if you want to do some digging, but it's standardized code, so they'd need to be custom coding their own bot that secretly paid out to the people of their choice, while simultaneously behaving like the normal ones in all other situations, meaning this would need to be one massive conspiracy to screw with you.

Yeah, that sounds like something they'd do just to mess with you.

And, honestly, if someone decided to give Romeo_Redd or Timberwolfe a pet under the table, I don't think anyone'd really object. These guys are (literally) throwing thousands of dollars into supporting the ESO stream community. Not just specific streamers either.

But, they're not rigging the raffles, they don't need to. They have full discretion over how to how to handle the giveaways, and the vast majority are via randomized, draws that open to any viewers. Just watch, and punch in the designated !command when they start a drawing. If you don't type that in chat, you're not in the running at all.

Or, you know, enter into that Twitter contest that @MissBizz posted. Also, maybe, check out her stream, she's a Stream Team member as well.

In theory I totally agree.
    Still salty though; that I'd have to watch (rather than listen, as I do often) to a stream of a game that if I had time to sit and watch anything, I'd actually be playing.

Like how is it logical to expect people to watch for free, and get a chance at nice things, rather than play and *pay for* said game?

What does only watching actually do for anyone?

You can do it by listening. You only need to watch if you're trying for the free crates which... honestly, not worth it unless you're enjoying the content.

Now, if you're running a single monitor setup, so your choice is between having the game up, or having the stream, I understand. But, if you're at home, you can even run Twitch through a phone. So, you do have options.

Except for the drawing things most make you put a keyword in chat, etc.

like !win or w/e

I *listen* to streams because if I can look at a screen and not work, I am gaming.

I DO however realise and accept that this means I will never win things offered in this fashion :)
    Edited by Mureel on August 14, 2018 11:00PM
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On console, we were supposed to find a way to get into the game and kill something in the middle of a normal workday.

Find a way to get home and on the game between 1pm and 2pm eastern on a friday.

So, the pc people can link twitch to their account and simply hitting the feed worked. They could put it in a separate window on the laptop in dunkin donuts, or start the feed on their phone and turn the volume down while they walk away, and free crates plus the firefly.

But console people, we had to actively find a way to leave work, commute home, have time to get on the game and kill something, then commute back to work. During a time that is non-standard lunch time for the most populated timezones of the north american server.

Xbox NA
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more irked at the three ding *** on eBay artificially inflating the value of the torch bug. Because every future ding *** is going to use that like a price guide.

At least there will be other shots at convention promos. Quake was at mid-day, E3 was at night, the next one will inevitably be at a time more convenient for some and less convenient for others.
    signing off
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is rewarded to people watching videos, but those who actually play the game get... nothing?

Hmmm.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Find a Torchbug
    Step 2: Stand next to Torchbug
    Step 3: In chat, say "Look at my awesome rare pet I have!"
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a novel Idea.

Stop having your players sign up with "outside" companies or products to receive rewards inside the game.

As a player, it would make sense if I was required to log into the "TESO" website and view a video to receive something inside the game but signing up with twitter or twitch?

Reward me for playing the game? Nah.

Let's force them to sign up to twitch so we can sell their metadata and reward them for "not" playing the game.

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but the absolute LAST thing I would spend my time doing is watching someone play a game.

I play games. I don't watch *redacted* play them - for why would I do that? I've been playing games since 1985 - there's NO FUN in sitting and watching instead of playing.... And offering a chance at a pet most would really love to have, just to get these *redacted* views? No. Not ever going there.

Now, I'd be perfectly happy to give ZOS real money for pets - and in fact I've already done so. And I will continue to do so in future by a six month sub to ESO+, spending crowns on pets.

Eh, admittedly I don't have the bandwidth to watch streamers. Fine by me - I wouldn't waste the bw available on an unlimited T1 connection on them if I had it. And I'm considering it.... the T1 I mean.. I'm pretty tired of satellite....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on August 15, 2018 3:49AM