The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Finder Unusable

jaroddempsey
jaroddempsey
Soul Shriven
I've been interested in playing eso again but unfortunately it looks like i may have to wait until a major expansion comes out to draw in more players. Last i played was around when marrowind released but then the population declined over a number of months to the point where it could take 20+ minutes for dungeonfinder to work. Then the horrible change to available dungeons happened which limited the number of dungeons available to lower leveled players by a drastic amount which further lengthened que times. Even on my cp 130 healer i can spend a half hour in que now. My lvl 37 dps easily sits in que for more than an hour with no match in sight. Times for my tank tend to vary wildly between 20 min to an hour in que.

I occasionally try recruiting in chat but that is very random and can easily take more than a half hour. Most dungeons take around 20 minutes so it's very unfun to really only be playing the game for like 25% of the time I spend logged in due to terrible que times.

The only other way to level is to do quests and their xp rates still pale in comparison to dungeon finder rates, not to mention all of the time i have to spend traveling from one area to another even with a mount it's quite lengthy. I wouldnt mind questing as much if i could see other players more often and the xp rate wasnt so abysmal.

Anyone have any tips on a good way to level or speed up the process? I would really like to play eso again but at this rate id rather play a crappier game that i can actually play instead of spend time sitting in a que.
  • DedEmbryonicCell19
    DedEmbryonicCell19
    ✭✭✭
    I usually queue while doing other things, whether it be quests or farming or whatever ..

Also usually never takes me longer than 5-10 minutes to queue into a dungeon as DPS ..
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how you have 5+min queue as a tank, or healer.

I saw further Dow you want to gain exp fast, I would say overland monster grind is fastest, can search for areas if you want to know.

If you are rusty or new to the game I would advice just playing it like a game, since gaining exp fast if you don't know what to do later will not help you at all.
    Edited by Yakidafi on August 14, 2018 7:27PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • e1team
    e1team
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to experience this half an hour wait people talk about... I'm a 250 cp sorc healer...
    Edited by e1team on August 14, 2018 8:35PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queued last night and it took all of a few minutes for the queue to pop.

Of course if someone queued solo as a dps the wait would obviously be long. A long wait on a healer means your waiting on a tank.

So GF is not broken. Make some friends. Especially one that’s a tank. Join a decent guild.

As for OP and quest XP, only do the main quest in the major zones. Better average XP and skill points so it’s a double benefit. Also clearly dungeons along the way. I level up characters in a matter of days this way.
    Edited by idk on August 14, 2018 8:58PM
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly PUG as a healer these days, and usually between 7 & 9. Until this morning wait time was usually less than 10 seconds but this morning (1st time after update 19) it was well over 5 minutes so something was wrong. This afternoon I had a spare 1/2 hour and tried again which appeared to be back to nomal-ish, less than 1 minute queue
  • Bede19025
    Bede19025
    Soul Shriven
    Never have had more than a 3 minute wait with my DK tank. Often it’s practically instant. Don’t know what game the op is playing.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fan bois out in full force in this thread. OP you are better off just playing another game. GF is garbage in this game and obviously there are no intentions to fix it. As a dps, it's common to wait 20 minutes+ for a group. If you still play and want to level fast, Skyreach Catacombs offer the fastest way to level with one other person. Imperial Sewers are also fast, and you can gain quite a bit of gold there as well. I'd recommend the sewers and Iperial City for a balance of fun and speed~leveling. Judging from your level and the amount of time you've had the game, eso is understandably probably not going to give you the satisfaction you want.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a damage dealer, prepare for a very long queue. It used to be that healers need not wait that long, right now healers and damage dealers compete almost similarly.

Tanks are the lucky ones. All my tanks usually need only 30s-1min to queue.

I've probably leveled around 20 characters already and deleted 5 times. I all of that, I leveled them to max without using random dungeon XPs.

LEVELING: Before I discovered Alik'r zombie area, I did dolmens (boring AF but half of my complete roster was done through dolmens). Now, I level from 1-36/37-ish by collecting lorebooks and doing delves and public dungeons. Especially on areas that I need to complete the Psijic quest line. Around level 36/37, either I begin the Psijic Quest line and reach around 40s, or I just XP farm the zombies in Alik'r until I reach 50.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Group Finder hates you, form up your own Group.

Find a social guild that is active the same online times as you are!
    You can join/request dungeon runs in Guild Chat... it helps to specify "fun run" or "quest run" or "speed run"
    & participate in the other content your Guild is running when you can.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been interested in playing eso again but unfortunately it looks like i may have to wait until a major expansion comes out to draw in more players. Last i played was around when marrowind released but then the population declined over a number of months to the point where it could take 20+ minutes for dungeonfinder to work. Then the horrible change to available dungeons happened which limited the number of dungeons available to lower leveled players by a drastic amount which further lengthened que times. Even on my cp 130 healer i can spend a half hour in que now. My lvl 37 dps easily sits in que for more than an hour with no match in sight. Times for my tank tend to vary wildly between 20 min to an hour in que.

I occasionally try recruiting in chat but that is very random and can easily take more than a half hour. Most dungeons take around 20 minutes so it's very unfun to really only be playing the game for like 25% of the time I spend logged in due to terrible que times.

The only other way to level is to do quests and their xp rates still pale in comparison to dungeon finder rates, not to mention all of the time i have to spend traveling from one area to another even with a mount it's quite lengthy. I wouldnt mind questing as much if i could see other players more often and the xp rate wasnt so abysmal.

Anyone have any tips on a good way to level or speed up the process? I would really like to play eso again but at this rate id rather play a crappier game that i can actually play instead of spend time sitting in a que.

I use it every day as dps. From level 10 until cp140 yesterday. Never waited more than 10-15 minutes.

It is usable PC NA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone saying the group finder is fine is out of their mind.

The group finder will often put the player into what i call "phanton queues" these phantom queues will say the player is queued up but will never actually proc a ready check. Sometimes i will queue for a specific dungeon or random and wait for 15+ minutes and when i leave the queue and re-enter the queue for the same dungeon under the same role i will get a ready check in under a minute. I have spoken with many other players who have told me they have experienced the exact same thing.

Another issue is that even if everyone in the forming group accepts the ready check, it will say someone declined it and put you in a loop where you have to accept it multiple times to get into the dungeon. This is easily replicated by queuing for a dungeon with 4 pre-grouped people and having everyone call out that they accepted the ready check while watchimg the game say someone declined it. The dungeon finder has been doing these 2 things since before Homestead.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on August 15, 2018 2:30AM
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, as you pointed out, as a C130 you aren't able to enter a number of dungeons. But, as a champ level, you get daily enlightenment so if the first thing you do each day is go for a random normal dungeon then that's most of a champ level right there. If you do a random normal a few times then you should gain at least one champ point each day - so you would not remain below max gear for long.

Second, you haven't said how you are queuing. Are you choosing a random, or are you choosing a specific dungeon? Is it only one dungeon, or several at the same time? Yes, you can put a checkmark on several dungeons both normal and vet before entering the queue. Also, if you are queuing for multiple dungeons at the same time, are they the daily pledges or are they other locations?

Third, are you queuing on a server during that region's down time? Are you looking for a group on the EU server when it's 3am / 4am / 5am across EU? Are you looking for a group on the NA server during the hours that the typical NA resident is sleeping or at work? These things do have an impact.

A combination of these factors could be the source of your inability to get a dungeon. However, you can negate the effect of the first two yourself which might resolve the issue.
    Xbox NA
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_kid, you are right.

Since last patch I have a lot of trouble queing for a dungeon.

I spent a lot of time searching for a group, and when it pops, I accept as everyone else. After 10 sec the finder says soleone declined. This goes on forever! Last night this went on for 30 minutes!

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since two days in PC/EU I am unable to do a single random dungeon or battleground via the DF, because it always says 'someone declined' the invitation.

Before update 19 it was sometimes buggy, as @Apache_Kid said (reproducible by a pre-made 4 man group), but more or less I got a group after some faulty attempts. Now I do not even get a group at all, so something clearly is wrong now.

Also I want to take this opportunity to say that I am not happy with the new system which let you select only one role. My toon can perform two roles even in vet dungeons and trials and it was always nice to be able to queue with both roles.
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even on my cp 130 healer i can spend a half hour in que now. My lvl 37 dps easily sits in que for more than an hour with no match in sight. Times for my tank tend to vary wildly between 20 min to an hour in que.

Are you talking about vet queues? I have been playing for about a week now and as a healer I never had to wait more than 30s to get a normal to pop up.
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Fan bois out in full force in this thread. OP you are better off just playing another game. GF is garbage in this game and obviously there are no intentions to fix it. As a dps, it's common to wait 20 minutes+ for a group. If you still play and want to level fast, Skyreach Catacombs offer the fastest way to level with one other person. Imperial Sewers are also fast, and you can gain quite a bit of gold there as well. I'd recommend the sewers and Iperial City for a balance of fun and speed~leveling. Judging from your level and the amount of time you've had the game, eso is understandably probably not going to give you the satisfaction you want.

Or we're just reporting facts. I have cued every day for the last week and never waited more than 10 minutes as DPS