The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should ESO have more content that is soloable?

President_PUG
President_PUG
✭✭✭
I don't like toxic groups of strangers. The last battle with Molag Bal in the final main quest is a perfect example of how to do soloable dungeons. I think most lore revolves around a solo hero, and the game should reflect that more. There are many reasons to enjoy MMORPG, but it shouldn't be a requirement.
“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Except for a few mechanics, most content is soloable. Even on vet.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several of the "group" dungeons can be soloed. There are only a few mechanics that require more than one player.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    If anything, PvE should have more content that actually requires a group and PvP should have more overworld content that is solo friendly.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like toxic groups of strangers. The last battle with Molag Bal in the final main quest is a perfect example of how to do soloable dungeons. I think most lore revolves around a solo hero, and the game should reflect that more. There are many reasons to enjoy MMORPG, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

@President_PUG i say yes and also no. no in its a mmorpg your gonna be grouping with people like it or not these genre games are not meant to be soloable period. but they could have some things where if your a solo player you can get up to close where the group players are. less powerful weapons but do about the same thing that way it kindve gives some sort of doorway to do the harder stuff meanwhile you still get what you want while the groupers still have their power for their time given.
  • GamerAeryn
    GamerAeryn
    ✭✭✭
    It's got a lot, but I'm never gonna say "no" to that question. A solo instance of Cyrodiil, IC, and dungeons would suit me just fine for instance. Don't let me earn ap, xp, or telvar, whatever, while riding around in questing-only Cyro just let me work alone. Finish my quests, hear my stories, get my base "you finished this" achievement and move on. ONE person has Tamriel Hero, for instance, because the rest of my guys get murdered.

edit: because the problem with grouping is I don't like strangers. My husband plays, and I have two dedicated friends I can say "can we do this?" to and they will. But the thing is I have 30 CP capped characters. I have 30 people that I could get achieves for or do this or that for, or whatever. That is MY fun from this game. And not being able to solo content means that only 1-4 of my 30 can get the group required stuff. I know it's an MMO, I just want to be in the company of very few people, and they don't play as much as me nor do they have as much time to do the things only *I* need to do. I've let go a lot, but I'm always going to say yes, more solo content would suit me just fine.
    Edited by GamerAeryn on August 14, 2018 6:27PM
    Gaming Youtube: TESO questing gameplay

GamerAeryn - 15/15, ESO+, beta, 1k+
    GamerAeryn2 - 15/15, ESO+, 780+
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a solo person at heart, but this community is not a bunch of toxic strangers. Far from it actually. From here, to in game. I'm on Xbox and have PUGed many dungeons, normal and vet and they have always been a positive experience. Obviously this will not be the same for everyone else, but I most of the time, have great experiences with the ESO community. Even when you do come across a toxic person, it sounds far-fetched, but being nice to them usually straightens people out (for the most part)

I also think this game has more than enough content that can be done solo, you just have to take your time with your toons and get them prepared. Just takes time.

Thing is, being an MMO, this is expected. No, it is not forced upon you to interact with people. You may not be able to complete some content, but it is not forced upon you.

My advice, spend some time searching for a guild that fits you. I am apart of a couple that full of really cool and helpful people. The toxic part of the community is but a small fraction of the ESO community. Give them a chance.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • GamerAeryn
    GamerAeryn
    ✭✭✭
    Several of the "group" dungeons can be soloed. There are only a few mechanics that require more than one player.

it depends on the kind of player you are. I'm geared, and leveled, but physically disabled. I cannot, under any circumstances, solo a base game dungeon. I can't. Solo questing is suited to everyone of all capabilities both physical and game. 4 mans are not suited to soloing.
    Gaming Youtube: TESO questing gameplay

GamerAeryn - 15/15, ESO+, beta, 1k+
    GamerAeryn2 - 15/15, ESO+, 780+
  • President_PUG
    President_PUG
    ✭✭✭
    All very good points. It's just that having finished the main quest for the first time I rather enjoyed doing it solo, I took my time took lots screenshots, got a feel for the artwork, to use in my housing later. It just seems the group dungeons nobody does them to enjoy the content, but to just get it over with as fast as possible and never say hi to the other people in the group. I prefer at least a smidgen of trial dungeons and other group content to be solo to get a feel for the event, instead of being herded to the end an wham bam ty mam! It's over. I actually have people I can do the group events with, but even they just want to get it over with. That doesn't sound like enjoyable content to me...again thank you all for your input!
    “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game needs more group content. Quite a few of the vet dungeons can be done solo as well. Outside of the vet dungeons you need a group for, vdsa, and vet trials (unless you're that crazy Xbox sorc that solos some of them) there's hardly any other grouping required.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would very much like ESO to have solo content (at the moment there is only one endgame solo event, vMA). More content that is soloable, not so much. If anything it needs another difficulty setting so I don´t go through all quests like a nuclear powered chainsaw.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have to agree that, at least by volume, the majority of the game is soloable. In fact, specifically designed to be soloed. Might not be the most compelling content around, but the quest lines, Delves, and many dailies are solo activities that just happen to be open to other people. They easily outweigh the amount of content that's in Trials and Dungeons already. If you can't solo group content, even on normal, you still have more things to enjoy than things you're missing out on, as far as I can see. But most people can solo normal dungeons, if they try / build for it.

That's not even mentioning the fun you can create on your own if you just run around enjoying the Overworld zones themselves, Elder Scrolls style.

If I were hell bent on only doing solo stuff, I wouldn't be asking for more stuff to do; I'd be asking for better quality stuff to solo.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the vast majority of this game's content is entirely soloable.

Way too much, in fact.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for a adjusted version for solo players Dragonstar Arena with a quest involved like Maelstrom Arena.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is no shot at you, but if you can, improve your gameplay. I had the same problem, players rushing thru the dungeons and me not having a chance to just stroll thru and admire the scenery. I buckled down for a little bit and worked on some things and now I do just that, solo as many dungeons as I can and it's a blast. By doing so you'll see most of the content is soloable.

Bonus is I don't have to change my playstyle for others, nor am I judged for it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway