Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown gift fraud problem

Anethum
Anethum
✭✭✭✭
Had today situation when player came to me and asked to craft him gear with paying for this with gift from crown store.
I crafted it, then this guy added me to ignore list and gone.
System doesn't give any instrument to prevent this.
I reported that guy, with screenshots of whole discussion and trade windows.
Customer Service Ticket 180814-002053
After this some people said they got same experience.

@ZOS_GinaBruno What are u to do with this system to prevent such things as described in this thread? Also? ss that guy will get a punishment for such fraud?
@Anethum from .ua
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Next time, give 3 or other number, pieces of gear - receive gift, then send the rest.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plus; I only buy or sell crown gifts to and from friends/guildies.

No randos, never.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't protect people from in-game fraud. It's a part of the system. Trade at your own risk.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World of Warcraft has the C.O.D system. You can mail an item and the receiver has to put the required gold in the mail to open it. Pretty easy to be honest. In ESO you have to believe that the other player would be ethical... :|
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    World of Warcraft has the C.O.D system. You can mail an item and the receiver has to put the required gold in the mail to open it. Pretty easy to be honest. In ESO you have to believe that the other player would be ethical... :|

Please read the post, understand and come back.
    Edited by sdtlc on August 14, 2018 6:35PM
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have time to look up the post, but it is here on the forums somewhere.

The post was about whether trading crowns was allowed. In the reply from ZoS where they said it was, they also said to take screenshots of conversation & transaction in case they needed help with a situation like this.

I don't know if anyone has put that to the test yet, but this seems like a good one to do it with.

While I agree that everyone should know there is risk in doing transactions like this with people you don't know, ZoS seems to have said they'll help if they can. Hopefully I am remembering this correctly.

Good luck, OP!
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    ZOS doesn't protect people from in-game fraud. It's a part of the system. Trade at your own risk.

They said we could trade crown store item for golds.

since it's allowed and not secure, they have to do something if you get scammed.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I refuse to make crafted gear for anyone I don't know. I won't even do it for guild mates unless I know them personally outside the game. Too many people taking advantage of others.

One time someone in chat was asking for a ride to a wayshrine, and I wasn't doing anything at the time, so I said sure. Grouped with him and let him use me to get the wayshrine. He thanked me by saying "thanks sucker."
    Yeah ... I won't even help people in that way any more. Not worth it.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sucks what happened, but you trusted someone who took advantage of that trust. That's life. ZoS or anyone else cannot put a system in place to manage and fully offset every type of risk, nor should they.

Cut your losses and be much more skeptical next time.
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    I don't have time to look up the post, but it is here on the forums somewhere.

The post was about whether trading crowns was allowed. In the reply from ZoS where they said it was, they also said to take screenshots of conversation & transaction in case they needed help with a situation like this.

I don't know if anyone has put that to the test yet, but this seems like a good one to do it with.

While I agree that everyone should know there is risk in doing transactions like this with people you don't know, ZoS seems to have said they'll help if they can. Hopefully I am remembering this correctly.

Good luck, OP!

i've done screenshots and reported this all with all information attached.
    Actually, wrote this post to up the problem in general, and to push the investigation of this certain fraud from support.
    (Customer Service Ticket: 180814-002053)
    Personally I'm not focused on that materials, I've lost (it's 88 dreug wax, 8 tempering alloy, 16 resin and 9 violet jewell things). But i want this guy to be punished no matter if I get something back.
    Same as in a real life, if he done this 1 time - he will do it again.
    It's a rule because system gives him such opportunity and it's in nature of some people to exploit them.
    It a hole.
    And Zenimax should improve the system to prevent frouds with crown gifts.

P.s: As @ZOS_GinaBruno said in another thread, crown gifts allowed to exchange for ingame items.
    What it means - ingame items now have a real price. In crowns, which are equivalent of $.
    So that guy stoled from me $ and it's an interesting thing...
    I want see myself in safe.
    Edited by Anethum on August 15, 2018 1:24PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I can't even imagine why you would put yourself in the situation where you have crafted a full set of gold upgraded equipment to some random stranger in zone chat, merely on the promise that he will pay you back in real life money goods as promised. That's not naive, that's plain asking to be taken advantage of. And now you have to get customer service to get you out of the mess you created for yourself.
    Sorry to sound harsh, but that's about the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals I have ever even heard of.

I have crafted stuff for people for years, including zone strangers, and never have I made something expensive for strangers without some guarantee beforehand of payment, such as all the materials, or the gold promised. If they will not do this, then the deal is off and they can find someone else.

Please do not continue to make your crafting deals in this way in the future, and count on the support team to bail you out of your own trouble. Also, this thread doesn't really belong in the Crown Store subforum, you're better off just PM-ing the relevant people directly.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos should integrate crowns into the existing trading system, so things like this are less likely
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos should integrate crowns into the existing trading system, so things like this are less likely

Like COD for example for case when someone want change crowns for gold or back.
    Or gift to items direct trade. It will resolve this problem
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »

Like COD for example for case when someone want change crowns for gold or back.
    Or gift to items direct trade. It will resolve this problem

Updating the Direct Trade options is the best solution. Allow for gifted items to be placed as payment. Also a additional warning layer needs to be added so if one side pulls back items/payments it warns the other which has to reconfirm their trade. (This has been a scam of people yanking back payments and hitting confirm).

This update would reduce the headaches for ZOS as much as players since they could say, you have the secure trade available and chose not to use it so it was at your own risk, tough luck.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direct trading is a solution; but look... You know what you're getting into when you're buying/selling crowns. There's a chance you'll run into scammers, because the whole thing is sketchy. And you know it. Be careful and expect the worst, or just don't do it.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • TheThird
    TheThird
    ✭✭✭
    If you'd like security when buying or selling crown items for gold, do it via an established exchange with brokers/escrow-system.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430760/discord-tamriel-crown-exchange-crown-store-items-for-gold-over-1-mil-crowns-traded#latest

There is one for both EU and NA.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheThird wrote: »
    If you'd like security when buying or selling crown items for gold, do it via an established exchange with brokers/escrow-system.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430760/discord-tamriel-crown-exchange-crown-store-items-for-gold-over-1-mil-crowns-traded#latest

There is one for both EU and NA.

they have blacklist with people who added to trade and then made fraud.
    it means, system allow this even when alll possible actions for fair trade done.

P.s: Zenimax stil didn't answered my ticket.
    Edited by Anethum on August 16, 2018 10:45AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • TheThird
    TheThird
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify, 90% of the people on the blacklist were added before the new brokering systems were put in place, and the last 2 added were people that circumvented the system or tried to, not scammed per se. Since NA/EU discord split into two discords (NA & EU), last Saturday, there has been no fraud/scams because all sensitive transactions are handled by our brokers.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    i agree that in these 2 discords (respect to those players who organized this temporary desision) we can do such transactions with more safety, but system need to be improved in general to prevent frauds with this at all
    Edited by Anethum on August 16, 2018 12:39PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree that in these 2 discords (respect to those players who organized this temporary desision) we can do such transactions with more safety, but system need to be improved in general to prevent frauds with this at all

You, as a crafter/seller, han take plenty of precautions already to not get scammed. Get the gold or payment beforehand, or get the materials beforehand. I almost never craft anything for anyone on my own materials - at least not without getting the payment beforehand, and I never sell Crown Store items without getting the gold first. If someone doesn't accept that? Too bad for them, they can find someone else. Don't be overly naive and trusting, take your own precautions and use common sense. I've sold crafted goods for 3 years now, and sold Crown Store items for millions. Never did I get scammed, because I was careful and cautious.

Edited by Carbonised on August 16, 2018 1:09PM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

You, as a crafter/seller, han take plenty of precautions already to not get scammed. Get the gold or payment beforehand, or get the materials beforehand. I almost never craft anything for anyone on my own materials - at least not without getting the payment beforehand, and I never sell Crown Store items without getting the gold first. If someone doesn't accept that? Too bad for them, they can find someone else. Don't be overly naive and trusting, take your own precautions and use common sense. I've sold crafted goods for 3 years now, and sold Crown Store items for millions. Never did I get scammed, because I was careful and cautious.

so, u think nothing should be done with system yes? it's your boasting?
    Edited by Anethum on August 16, 2018 2:23PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Pretty sure he said you need to be more careful.

Nowhere did he mention the 'system' as I can see.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Pretty sure he said you need to be more careful.

Nowhere did he mention the 'system' as I can see.

Issue of his comment is not in "system" mention or not.
    Comment of Carbonised is about how to accomodate to current obstacles, and that he is carefull and i congratulate him with this.
    But what I write and want is to change the system to avoid and prevent such things in game in general.
    I don't care who has bigger balls, this is much more than that

P.s: When rain, snow etc is coming u can hide in cave. But we are humans and can build the house for that and more than for that
    Edited by Anethum on August 17, 2018 5:59AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom someone read this topic from Zenimax studio?
    Edited by Anethum on August 16, 2018 5:51PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • TiberSeptim
    TiberSeptim
    ✭✭✭

Had today situation when player came to me and asked to craft him gear with paying for this with gift from crown store.

@ZOS_GinaBruno What are u to do with this system to prevent such things as described in this thread? Also? ss that guy will get a punishment for such fraud?

Having an easy system to trade crowns for gold would only make this game to pay to win.

People with money can literally just buy millions of gold and be all set in game with any top level gear they need as they’d be able to buy Gold BoE’s no issue and level up BoA’s to gold easily. That would make this game so trash.

The fact that ZoS allows people to do this is fine, but the fact you’re doing it at you’re on risk is what makes it fair. Many people have considered buying gold, but they doNt because they think about the risk. Some people try it and get burned, and that makes people care about the risk and taya away from it. If trading gold for crowns or vice versa was as easy as a trade window, everybody would just buy gold and this game would suck balls instantly .

Leave things the way they are.

But if you take the risk and get burned, don’t cry to ZoS support about it. Because that is just wasting their time and keeping them from helping someone else who has a real issue.

Also, it would be wise also if there was a place to post a blacklist. It couldn’t hurt to have an online post either here or on reddit where you can put usernames of scammers. Because than somebody could look on there before making a trade .
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Having an easy system to trade crowns for gold would only make this game to pay to win.

People with money can literally just buy millions of gold and be all set in game with any top level gear they need as they’d be able to buy Gold BoE’s no issue and level up BoA’s to gold easily. That would make this game so trash.

The fact that ZoS allows people to do this is fine, but the fact you’re doing it at you’re on risk is what makes it fair. Many people have considered buying gold, but they doNt because they think about the risk. Some people try it and get burned, and that makes people care about the risk and taya away from it. If trading gold for crowns or vice versa was as easy as a trade window, everybody would just buy gold and this game would suck balls instantly .

Leave things the way they are.

But if you take the risk and get burned, don’t cry to ZoS support about it. Because that is just wasting their time and keeping them from helping someone else who has a real issue.

Also, it would be wise also if there was a place to post a blacklist. It couldn’t hurt to have an online post either here or on reddit where you can put usernames of scammers. Because than somebody could look on there before making a trade .

To be fair though, you're just giving spotlight to the OPs suggestion by necroing the thread. I'm not sure if just letting it be wouldn't have been smarter. Seems a bit weird to bring the whole thing back just for the sake of saying you're against it.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would happen the same way if the ingame world were actually real. You own a set piece jewelry shop and some guy stops in and asks you to craft him and his fiance wedding rings in exchange for gold bullion. Would you give him the wedding rings first or would you ask for the gold first? You don't know the guy do you? Why is this something ZoS has to fix?

Think if it as adding to the immersion of the game since it makes it even more real. Sorry you got taken but by now ingame scams are common.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around the front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads. If you have evidence of a scam or foul play please be sure to submit a support ticket in to have the issue investigated.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.