The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help for 2H pet steamsorc set

Itacira
Itacira
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi !

So, I've tried. I swear I tried going 2H/bow. Hell, I've even tried convincing my Clannfear and I that we should take a break and see other people ! It didn't work. We belong together.

This is what works for me so this is what I'll be sticking with for now because I clearly have neither time nor patience nor skill (not that I mind) to get used to a complicated rotation.

q4akm6m.png
E7G7Iqs.png
RqwSaUT.png
(overload is a purely utilitarian bar, when I respec and free up some skill points I'll will probably fit the undaunted taunt for when I want to do some normal dungeon and idk, some other long-ish lasting skill in there)

Here's how a fight usually goes :
  • bar 2 : Hurricane, Surge, (yes, I should probably cast Hurricane LAST since it's the one imma have to recast the sooner but oh well), Rally
  • switch to bar 1 : brawler>light attack>wrecking blow>light attack repeat until I gotta recast hurricane
at which point I usually go "GDI hey wait a moment I gotta recast this skill argh my backbar won't switch oh finally ! might as well recast surge and rally while i'm at it what do you mean "waste of mana and stamina because they still had 15 secs goind on ?"" while the mobs keep hitting me

SO I fail a lot, it's embarrassing for everyone involved, my Clannfear won't acknowledge me and pretends it doesn't know me when we meet other people

Still, what kind of set(s) would you recommend ? Other than git gud (which, puh-lease, not going to happen, I have a reputation to live up to) what could eventually fit ?
Edited by Itacira on August 13, 2018 9:17PM
PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay there is a lot to explain... basically I'd have to explain how to play the game (because no one has thought to make a useful tutorial for this game)

This looks kind of like a PVP build but you seem to be talking about using it in PVE.

Playing as a hybrid doesn't do a lot of damage because everything scales off your max resources so typically hybrids are only played as tanks or in PVP. 2h weapons also have less weapon damage than dual wield and provide less crit then dual wield set ups and so dual wield is better than 2h in PVE but in PVP 2her is better due to crit being less important in PVP (and 2h can stun). Tanks use 1 hand and shield or ice staff and are not good with other things.

Having said that there are some things you can do to make hybrid kind of work, its clear to make a build like this to work you need a lot of magicka to fuel the clanefear but you aren't using magicka skills for damage so you can mostly be stamina based.

Twice born star comes to mind as a hybrid set. Shacklebreaker is similar, just lots of both resources..... perhaps play around with mechanical acuity, when it triggers you start doing 100% crits. So I think Twice born star with Lover and Shadow mundus stones and Mechanical Acuity. Then you have to keep dealing direct damage with your wrecking blow to trigger it and then bang! you start critting (and healing from crit surge).

Crit surge and Rally give the same buff, probably better to use vigor for a self heal (or the clannefear)... or use a bow on your back bar because the bow skill Endless Hail does more damage than any skill in the game, which is why everyone uses a bow on their back bar.

Okay rotations,they don't have to be complicated, basically you have your spamables on one bar and your damage over time on your back bar and you switch to your back bar whenever they run out (typically every 15 seconds when hurricane runs out). between each and every skill your use hit the target with your swords light attack. ability light attack ability light attack ability light attack, that is where a huge amount of your damage will come from (and its important to light attack to trigger mechanical acuity. Once you have a pattern going you settle into a rhythm. Its a good idea to practice on a target dummy.

Once you get up to 25K dps on the dummy you'll be able to do some of the games harder content.

Next up enchantments! you need to have all clothing enchanted with your prefered resources in this case it is probably stamina (but it is possible to use the extremely expensive tri stat enchantments). You jewellery needs to be enchanted with weapon damage enchantments (not stamina regen), your jewellery could have either stamina (robust) or tri stat or Infused (to boost weapon damage). Your weapons should be infused weapon damage and if you are going to use a bow back bar you want an infused poison damage enchantment.

There is so much more to explain and this post is already long :/... you can head to some useful websites like www.alcasthq.com or you can check out some of gilliamtherouges youtube videos (he was hired by the game creators so wont be updating but whats there is useful)
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Narvuntien

Oh, so Crit Surge and Rally don't stack ? Dang it. That's a bother. I really liked Rally's regular, constant healing, plus the end buff healing.

I see a lot of people slotting Crit Surge in their builds, though. Is Crit Surge that much more interesting than Rally in terms of healing then ? Because I did try losing Rally so I could equip a bow on the backbar and I felt a lot less comfortable when taking damage.

I've checked Alcasthq. The problem is that the builds are so optimized that I don't find anything that I'd be comfortable with. I mean, I like Brawler for the bleed and the "oh *** I'm surrounded" shield, and yet I see it very rarely in builds. I guess it's not what works best. But it's something that works well for me.

Though if I have to drop Rally out of my rotation, that'll allow me to equip a bow on the backbar and yeah, then I'll find more build to help me out.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of bound Armaments on frontbar and put rally there. If you really really really really want your pet on stamsorc then you should go for this skill bar:

1st:
    Dizzy, executioner, brawler, rally, pet. Ult: Dawnbreaker
    2nd:
    Dark Deal, crit surge, Hurricane, your fav bow skill, pet. Ult: Ballista.

Even tho crit surge and rally both buff you wep dmg by 20 % and dont Stack its good to have both. Rally for the hot and burst heal and surge for the big heals on crit damage.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    @Narvuntien

Oh, so Crit Surge and Rally don't stack ? Dang it. That's a bother. I really liked Rally's regular, constant healing, plus the end buff healing.

*snip*

Just to clear up a potential confusion here; Rally and Crit Surge both provide the Major Brutality buff, which (like all Major & Minor buffs - note the capitalizations) cannot stack with identical versions of themselves. They just refresh when you do another skill that grants a longer duration than what's left. The two separate healing functions of those skills absolutely do stack as you'd expect.

So, example: Rally is ticking away, giving you Major Brutality (which boosts your Weapon Damage by 20%), and has 16 seconds left. You cast Crit Surge, and the Major Brutality buff is now refreshed to last the next 33 seconds (or however long it is that Crit Surge lasts); the healing portion of Rally is unaffected, and will still run its course for the next 15 seconds. And of course, Crit Surge will heal you when you crit, as described in the skill's description.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Get rid of bound Armaments on frontbar and put rally there. If you really really really really want your pet on stamsorc then you should go for this skill bar:

1st:
    Dizzy, executioner, brawler, rally, pet. Ult: Dawnbreaker
    2nd:
    Dark Deal, crit surge, Hurricane, your fav bow skill, pet. Ult: Ballista.

Even tho crit surge and rally both buff you wep dmg by 20 % and dont Stack its good to have both. Rally for the hot and burst heal and surge for the big heals on crit damage.

@Gnozo Hmm, this does look like something that could fit me ! Thank you

So, Bound Armaments aren't worth the hassle then ?

I really like the pet because it can offtank stuff when I get overwhelmed (SO MANY MOBS, WHO DO I HIT FIRST) and also when I want to harvest stuff and don't want to bother killing whichever mob(s) take offense.

I'd also probably still keep overload because that utilitarian 3rd skillbar is SO. handy.

Still, what set(s) would you recommenced that'd complement such a build ?

PS: Dizzyng Swing, you say ? Not Wrecking blow ?
    Edited by Itacira on August 14, 2018 2:01PM
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not trying to min-max, drop Bound Armaments over Crit surge and place Rally on front bar. Bound Armaments isn't going to make a big difference for you relative to your alternatives.

Dropping BA allows you to run DW or Bow backbar which should greatly increase your DPS in bot PvE and PvP. For PvE, bow is definitely the way to go. PvP is up to you, although I prefer Bow for the movement speed.

PvP you should use Dizzy since you need a stun. For PvE, Wrecking Blow is better, or you could also try out Imbued weapons (or whatever the stam morph is) from the Psijic skill line.

You could put Dark Deal on your overload bar (and crit surge for that matter). Your rotation shouldn't be too resource intensive so heavy attacking every other rotation should keep your resources in a good place. This would allow you to run another dps/utility skill on your backbar.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like Bound Armaments for the +11% light attack damage, which is a huge DPS gain if you're weaving properly. I have that on both bars on my Stam Sorc, but I'm not running a pet.

Overload for a stam sorc is IMO only useful for slotting long-running buffs, because the damage from it won't be augmented by your likely CP setup. Maybe for getting Magicka back, but that's not very compelling.

Suppression Field (the Negate Morph w/Damage) combined with the Blood Magic passive will heal you for 8% of your max health every HALF SECOND there's an enemy in it.

Unless you're really committed to 2H for aesthetic or RP reasons, DW is a much better choice. The first two skills in that line have healing morphs, but I don't take these on Stam Sorcs because I get such a strong inbound heal stream from Crit Surge.

What is your Weapon Crit %? I run mine around 70. If you're below 40, you're missing heals. Run potions with Major Savagery.

If you're really committed to 2H, remember that Crit Rush is a guaranteed self-heal via Crit Surge.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GimpyPorcupine

Bound Armaments : yeah, that's why I slotted it everywhere :/ I like the FPS gain, and the additional stamina is pretty cool too.

Overload : Yeah, that's why I'm slotting Rapid Manoeuvre on this bar. I could slot Crit Surge there too, but with Rally on front bar, hurricane on backbar, and Crit Surge on Overload bar, well, it quickly becomes a mess, trying to find where is what (which is why I keep a dark deal on back bar so I don't die trying to find my own healing skill)

Suppresion Field : I'm stamina based though. Won't I miss on damage ? Doesn't Sup Field scale off mana ?

2H : yeah, I was originally really into the idea of playing a 2H wielding orc with a pet. The warden class wasn't available to me when I created my orc, much to my current frustration as I feel that Stamden would probably fit me way better.

My weapon Crit is... probably catastrophic, will check when I log in this evening. But yeah, it's nowhere near enough. If I were to pick between Crit Surge and Rally tbh, Rally is probably the one I rely on most rn.

Critical Rush : Yesss I know, I used to use it with crit surge but I had to drop it. I'm frustrated by the small amount of skill slots. It feels very limiting to me. I'm used to being able to improvise and pick the skills I want on the spot, and I'm having a very hard time with this gameplay.

I wish we could switch classes but alas, no. I'll probably have to give up on being 2H eventually, but I haven't given up hope yet. (yes, I know, everybody says rolling a new toon and lvl it up is quick but I'm... not interested in re-doing what I've already done ? There are so many hours in a day)

Edited by Itacira on August 14, 2018 3:53PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @GimpyPorcupine

Overload : Yeah, that's why I'm slotting Rapid Manoeuvre on this bar. I could slot Crit Surge there too, but with Rally on front bar, hurricane on backbar, and Crit Surge on Overload bar, well, it quickly becomes a mess, trying to find where is what (which is why I keep a dark deal on back bar so I don't die trying to find my own healing skill)

Suppresion Field : I'm stamina based though. Won't I miss on damage ? Doesn't Sup Field scale off mana ?

Since you're on PC you have the option to give an addon like Assist Rapid Riding or Fast Ride a try instead of mucking about with an Overload bar. I found the whole 3-bar trick with Overload gimmicky, personally, so I learned to live without it. These addons help. I use ARR.

And as far as Ultimates' damage scaling goes; their damage always scales with your highest stat (magicka or stamina), BUT the damage type they do still obeys your Champion Point allocation. So in the example of a stam toon running Suppression Field, the base damage it does will scale up based largely on your max Stamina, but because you don't (or shouldn't) have CP in Elemental Expert, Elfborn, Spell Erosion, etc. you miss out on the damage they'd provide that particular ultimate, since it does Magic damage.
    EDIT:: You can see the effect/proof of this by looking at the skill description when you don't have any food or buffs active. Take note of the damage it does at "base". Then eat food that does NOT give you any addition max Magicka, but does give max Stamina. You'll see the number still raises. Same applies to your Major Brutality buff, I believe. Give it a look, experiment a bit (takes literally 2 minutes), and you'll see how your numbers affect different Ultimates. This can help you make good decisions here. :) ::EDIT
    Edited by GreenHere on August 14, 2018 4:05PM
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimates scale off Max type/pool. If you have high stam/weapon damage, Suppression Field will be decent. It won't likely be augmented by your CP because they'll all be in Ritual. But the damage here is secondary; it will heal you for a ton due to the Blood Magic passive.

So my current stam sorc is below. It's just something I'm playing around with, it's not really a min/max thing. But I fly through content with it, and it's easy to play.

5 Gryphon's Ferocity, 5 Leviathan, 2 Kra'agh. This gives me 69.1% weapon crit WITHOUT major or minor savagery, and from the Gryphon's I get 100% uptime on Minor Force.

Mundus is Shadow for increase crit damage done.

Bow Bar:
    Bound Armaments
    Hurricane
    Crit Surge
    Poison Injection
    Endless Hail
    Ult: Suppression Field

DW (both maces) bar:
    Bound Armaments
    Deadly Cloak
    Rapid Strikes
    Rending Slashes
    Steel Tornado
    Ult: Rend
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also: the opposite morphs of Rapid Strikes and Rending Slashes both have self heals, but with Crit Surge running, I don't need them.

Also also: potions: Dragonthorn, Mountain Flower, Water Hyacinth for Weapon Crit, Health, Stam.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GreenHere Oh my Aedras, these add ons are gonna change my life ? I didn't know they existed ! I didn't even know to LOOK for them. Amazing !!! Guess I can drop overload now

@GimpyPorcupine These sets you use could fit a two-handed build, yes ?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haha, happy to help. =)

Recommend using the addon manager tool Minion. Given your reaction, I foresee that you'll have a lot of addons in no time, and Minion can help you manage them much easier than doing it all manually.

And here's some other suggestions for ya:

- @Dolgubon 's Lazy Writ Crafter if you do writs.
    - Azurah Interface Enhanced for tweaking the UI to your liking
    - Action Duration Reminder for seeing skill timers
    - Auto Recharge for removing an unnecessary and annoying part of the game.

And even if you're not looking to burden yourself with too many addons, I recommend Combat Metrics very highly. It can help you gain insight into how fights go for you, which given this thread seems like it'd appeal to ya. You can live without it, but not sure why anyone would want to. It's a little complicated to look at at first, but once you figure it out CM is a supremely useful tool.

I have like 50 or so more addons I run, but I don't want to overwhelm you ;P
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I already have an absurd amount of addons myself - ABSURD - 73, I just counted - but I somehow didn't stumble upon the Fast Ride one before, especially since I only recently acquired the Rapid Manoeuvre skill.

I wish there was a way to show BOTH skill bars on screen and assign a shortcut to each skill and yes, I'm aware that'd be cheating out of handling a rotation and all, but at the same time yes, precisely, that what I'd be looking for x)

TESO is a strange hybrid between MMO and the TES solo counterparts. Makes it very difficult for me to give up on the small pleasures of the solo games. For example, I like playing immersively (ImmersionToggles ftw!) which means many UI parts are hidden until necessary (ex : skillbars only show up during fights). That means I often find myself wondering what bar I'm on when I enter a fight or even when I want to cast a skill out of combat (hurricane for the minor speed boost).

Also, making a hybrid *** build and having it work somehow.

Meh, can't have it all.

PS: Combat Metrics : I tend to have about 7-8K DPS when I don't bother properly casting rally/crit surge/hurricane together. When I time my buffs well and am surrounded by enough mobs that I don't have to waste time RUNNING AFTER THEM, then I can get to 12K-13K. It goes higher if I'm fighting daedras because Prismatic Blade. It's pretty low, I know ; I'm just sharing the info. I have 35.4% of weapon critical.

Don't ask my "set" build. There is none. It's a mismatch of whatever I dropped and fit together because I didn't bother farming before, which is why I'm asking all these questions so that I can FINALLY get myself some proper equipment.
    Edited by Itacira on August 15, 2018 12:07AM
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Itacira you've never said whether your build is primarily for PVE or PVP. If it's PVE, then I have to assume you're using 2H for role-play or aesthetic reasons.

As to whether or not my build would work, it is strictly a PVE setup, and I make no promises what it would do in PVP. I ran it there just long enough to get Vigor, and was getting wrecked the entire time.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GimpyPorcupine I mostly play PVE but yeah, two-handed was pretty much for RP reasons. By which I mean badassery. Two-handed weapons look badass.

Worst thing is I usually play thief/assassin like characters, often elves, but on TESO I thought it was time I gave other builds a try. To innovate. Get off the beaten path. Finally get to know the orcs. Run headfirst into the fray screaming.

Well, I do join the fray, I just have a hard time getting out of it alive.

(when I go pvp I slot a bow and my matriarch to get assists because the alternative is just too sad)
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could try out the hunt leader set which drops in maelstrom arena. Might be a decent sustain set for stamina pet builds.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So,
    • no vigor
    • no caltrops
    • no rearming trap
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enslaved Is this a question, a recommendation, or irony ? :confused:
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Okay there is a lot to explain... basically I'd have to explain how to play the game (because no one has thought to make a useful tutorial for this game)

This looks kind of like a PVP build but you seem to be talking about using it in PVE.

Playing as a hybrid doesn't do a lot of damage because everything scales off your max resources so typically hybrids are only played as tanks or in PVP. 2h weapons also have less weapon damage than dual wield and provide less crit then dual wield set ups and so dual wield is better than 2h in PVE but in PVP 2her is better due to crit being less important in PVP (and 2h can stun). Tanks use 1 hand and shield or ice staff and are not good with other things.

Having said that there are some things you can do to make hybrid kind of work, its clear to make a build like this to work you need a lot of magicka to fuel the clanefear but you aren't using magicka skills for damage so you can mostly be stamina based.

Twice born star comes to mind as a hybrid set. Shacklebreaker is similar, just lots of both resources..... perhaps play around with mechanical acuity, when it triggers you start doing 100% crits. So I think Twice born star with Lover and Shadow mundus stones and Mechanical Acuity. Then you have to keep dealing direct damage with your wrecking blow to trigger it and then bang! you start critting (and healing from crit surge).

Crit surge and Rally give the same buff, probably better to use vigor for a self heal (or the clannefear)... or use a bow on your back bar because the bow skill Endless Hail does more damage than any skill in the game, which is why everyone uses a bow on their back bar.

Okay rotations,they don't have to be complicated, basically you have your spamables on one bar and your damage over time on your back bar and you switch to your back bar whenever they run out (typically every 15 seconds when hurricane runs out). between each and every skill your use hit the target with your swords light attack. ability light attack ability light attack ability light attack, that is where a huge amount of your damage will come from (and its important to light attack to trigger mechanical acuity. Once you have a pattern going you settle into a rhythm. Its a good idea to practice on a target dummy.

Once you get up to 25K dps on the dummy you'll be able to do some of the games harder content.

Next up enchantments! you need to have all clothing enchanted with your prefered resources in this case it is probably stamina (but it is possible to use the extremely expensive tri stat enchantments). You jewellery needs to be enchanted with weapon damage enchantments (not stamina regen), your jewellery could have either stamina (robust) or tri stat or Infused (to boost weapon damage). Your weapons should be infused weapon damage and if you are going to use a bow back bar you want an infused poison damage enchantment.

There is so much more to explain and this post is already long :/... you can head to some useful websites like www.alcasthq.com or you can check out some of gilliamtherouges youtube videos (he was hired by the game creators so wont be updating but whats there is useful)

Just a little heads up (you probably know this but whatever), on a stam sorc 2h will pull more aoe dps and outside of a world record score run trial (overland/4 man content) it can pull enough single target dps where you won't be gimping yourself by not running dw.
    Edited by BuddyAces on August 16, 2018 10:42AM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Enslaved Is this a question, a recommendation, or irony ? :confused:

its more like observation
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    also, u have 2h skills on both bars
    kinda strange for 2h&bow build
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enslaved it's... not ? a 2H&Bow build ?

@BuddyAces Yeah, I gotta say when I find a good balance between grouping mobs and being UTTERLY SWARMED, when I'm surrounded by mobs is when I get my best dps !
    Edited by Itacira on August 16, 2018 11:43AM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Itacira If a strong selling point for the Overload ult is running rapids, download an add-on called "Assist Rapid Riding". It will automatically slot rapids in a skill slot every time you mount up, anytime the buff is close to 3 seconds of expiration or on manual button press. If you use a controller like me, you can program it to the "B" + "hold" button which isn't being used for anything.

Cast rapids and it automatically takes it off your bar. This is the best add-on ever made.

Edit: Someone mentioned this above.... lol I'm at work.
    GreenHere wrote: »
    @GimpyPorcupine

Since you're on PC you have the option to give an addon like Assist Rapid Riding or Fast Ride a try instead of mucking about with an Overload bar. I found the whole 3-bar trick with Overload gimmicky, personally, so I learned to live without it. These addons help. I use ARR. ::EDIT

Edited by MashmalloMan on August 16, 2018 11:04PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marshall1289 Ahaha, yeah, I've installed this add on and it's BRILLIANT. Thanks for taking the time to recommend it either way :) Much appreciated
  • ntellect_ESO
    ntellect_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wow this is similar to my hybrid stamsorc with pet. I put most points in stam with some in mag and a little in health. I run 2H and SNB back bar.

Wrecking blow
    Skill where I jump to enemy
    Execute
    Lightening pool AOE
    Pet

SnB
    Shield bash
    Rune cage or the purple spikes for multiple enemies (my snare)
    Crystal fireball projectile
    Crit Surge

I'll lock with purple spikes, drop lightening pool, close gap, activate pet, wrecking blow, surge, execute.. and most stuff dies.

I'm starting to solo dungeons now at CP199. Not the beat but love my build
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others have said this already most likely, but if you want to boost your dps by a lot. A bow/2h setup would work just fine and you would still get to keep the style of a 2h build, bow bar would be for dot/buffing.

I'd suggest staying away from hybrid builds too, they just don't pull great damage right now, even with good "hybrid" sets it is very difficult because the game scales dmg for all skills based on a combination of max resource + dmg.

Based on your chosen skills, it looks like you could go completely stamina. If you want to message me in game, I can craft you a set in all purple for only 4k a piece. I will use my materials and tempers.

My suggestion, take a look at this link for Alcast's 2h setup. He is usually a great starting point and you will get good dmg out of his builds. Just remember he makes like 4-6 builds per class so the builds are all very similar, however that's how stamina classes kinda function end game. He also builds for a raid group environment which isn't your focus either.
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-2h-build-pve/

I can make you night mothers gaze for solo content, as a stam sorc, you don't have access to major fracture which allows you to penetrate 5k of resistances. In overland open world, enemies have about 9k resistances, this will give you a huge spike in damage for solo content, if your in a 4 man group, the set would become redundant because tanks apply major fracture.

Your CP is most likely low, but for solo, if you had this set, investing 3-4k in to penetration would give you "true damage" against overland mobs. That or pick up the lover mundus stone which will give you the 3.2-4k depending on the quality of your gear and if they have divine traits which they will if I craft you the set.

For ults, remember ults actually scale off of your highest max resource and damage, the real problem of ults is that they don't match your damage type. At max cp (780) you would have about 10-14% invested in to physical/poison/disease dmg via the mighty cp choice. As well.. debuffs like major fracture only affect physical penetration so if your using an ult with mag dmg like suppression field or the atronach you miss out on those 2 factors. For a low CP toon, you wouldn't notice much of a difference.

For me personally I run the greater storm atronach and I'm max cp, it's a 28sec ult with the only synergy I can provide to my group, I also use the lover mundus stone which gives me 4k pen for physical and spell so I only really miss out on the 11% dmg from cp. The synergy provides 25% extra dmg to a group mate via major berserk and 40% dmg for the atronach which puts it in line with a normal stamina ult like arrow barrage.

If you went bow/2h I'd get rid of the pets. It just gets lost and it provides next to no dmg. It scales it's dmg off of max magicka which you have next to nothing of. The better you get, the more obvious it becomes. With CP and higher stats your dps will go from the 8k it's at now to 20-30k and your pet would be a fraction of that.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really need a companion in your stamina build then NB with the shadow image is your best bet both for pve and pvp.

If you need a pet and not a companion then switch to magica build.

The pet's biggest problem is that it takes 2 slots...both of which are dead slots in case of stamina build...you cannot rely on pet's heal as it is too expensive....better to spend magica on dark deal to heal.

On the other hand sorcerer is the worst self buffing and debuffing class, I mean to buff yourself you'll have to slot a dedicated skills for that (unlike NBs for example which their offensive and defensive skills are being also strong buffs and debuffs)....that means that you already will struggle with slots and rotation on your stam sorcerer...but with two dead slots then forget about viable builds.

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marshall1289 Hey ! Thanks for this reply :)

I'm actually mid CP (431), with... horrible equipment, so I have hopes that crafting myself some better one will help. I'm quite far into my trait research and crafting mastery, so I should be able to do it, but thanks :) I just need to figure out WHAT to craft, what would help me best. I tried 2H/bow, didn't suit me. It's not about whether I believe the dps is good this way or not, I just didn't have any pleasure in it. The fact that I know everybody's using it because the game's stamina PVE game is the same in every class doesn't help. I'd rather be less efficient and have fun :) I'm just trynna figure out the set that'd suit my playstyle best !

@ntellect_ESO Heyy, I like your build ! Unusual, but I could definitely picture my orc wielding SnB on top of a TH weapon ! What pet do you use, which ults, and which sets ?

@Didgerion I agree with the points you make. Alas, I WISH I could change class, but from what I can tell it's not a possibility. So whether it's the warden's bear or the NB'w shadow, imma have to stick with my clannfear for companionship.