The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Character voice bug when riding bear mounts

Mystrius_Archaion
Mystrius_Archaion
✭✭✭✭✭
Today, I found my wood elf female character was laughing very deep like a male character whenever I sprinted while riding any bear mount, specifically tested with Psijic Bear Exemplar and Storm Atronach Bear. She laughs normal while not mounted, with "Voice F" from character creation.
Something is switching the voice while mounted.

2 other bugs related to mounts:

1) Long hair is completely rock hard static clipping through the back and chest while riding bear mounts. This has been bugged this way for at least 2 years and needs a fix to at least keep longer hair from clipping through the back and hopefully make it move like it should and does on other mount types.

2) Psijic Exemplar mounts are not leaving footprint trails behind them, which are normally seen in dirt/grassy areas, unlike the Bloodshadow Wraith Steed and Storm Atronach Mounts that do leave glowing footprint trails. This just changed with Update 19 today 8/13/2018 as I noticed yellow footprints just last night before the patch.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the Psijic Exemplar mounts roars are much quieter than they were. They now sound quieter than the little wispy sound from the extra particle effects going off when you trigger the roar. The bear sounds like it has laryngitis.
  • VeritasObscura
    VeritasObscura
    ✭✭✭
    I had this happen as well on both of my bear mounts and my camel mount. My character has female voice E (if I remember correctly), but when she speeds up those mounts she sounds almost like Nocturnal. It's a maniacal laughter with an otherworldy tone.
    What is the music of life?
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting this on my Breton Male character too, riding a bear mount (PC NA)
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tested it with Psijic Wolf Exemplar & Vitrine Dwarven Wolf, and my character sounds like usual. (Dunmer female)
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I've tested it with Psijic Wolf Exemplar & Vitrine Dwarven Wolf, and my character sounds like usual. (Dunmer female)

Well then maybe it gave us all your Dunmer Female voice if yours sounds very deep, or maybe dunmer females are unaffected? Did you test it on a bear mount? That's the one I notice the weird voice on, all bears.

1) I never noticed my character laughing when spurring the mount to sprint before this update. It was usually just a "YAH!" command.
    2) My character off the mount using /laugh sounds much more light and "girly" laughing than this new mounted deep "belly laugh" that makes her sound like Santa Claus. It's kind of creepy.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on August 14, 2018 5:08AM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well then maybe it gave us all your Dunmer Female voice if yours sounds very deep, or maybe dunmer females are unaffected? Did you test it on a bear mount? That's the one I notice the weird voice on, all bears.

I tested it on all my horses, wolves and senches. I don't have any bear mount.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tested it on all my horses, wolves and senches. I don't have any bear mount.

Ok then, that doesn't pertain to this bug then, other than you potentially proved it doesn't affect other types of mounts which is what I had noticed also.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    i confirm the bug on camel mount : each time i whip my camel i hear the maniacle Nocturnal laugh, it's fairly irritating :(

or is it a secret plot from SPCA so we stop driving our mounts too hard ? :o
  • Cerato
    Cerato
    Soul Shriven
    Same here on my bear mount with my female Nord. She says, "Muwhahaha!" except more creepy. It's silly, but it bugs me. Just glad I'm not alone.