The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help Choosing My First House

Elrinthil
Elrinthil
✭✭✭
Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy my first home and I can't decide between the Amaya lodge and the Alinor townhouse. I want a place that's big enough to display achievement furnishings, including statues. I'd also like to make a nice little garden area. The lake lodge has a great outdoor area, but I think the townhouse terrace is big enough for a couple of statues and a garden. I like the aesthetic of both house styles, which is what's making this so difficult, really.

My idea is to buy one home that I can decorate and make into a kind of wizardy sort of abode with a library and laboratory. I really don't have the time or resources to put into decorating more than one house.

I really love what I've seen of the Psijic villa that's coming soon, but I'm sure it will be limited time and beyond my crown budget. It's also probably a bit too big, to be honest.

Does anyone who owns one or both of these houses have any advice to help me decide? What do you like or dislike about the house(s)? Do you prefer one over the other?

I just visited the luxury furnishing vendor and now have a free inn room packed to the brim with glowing blue crystals...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer amaya personally
  • Daileth
    Daileth
    ✭✭
    They're both really good houses in my opinion. I think for a wizardly theme Amaya may be better suited. Separation of the upper floor is nice. Also the outside building is useful and can be put to many uses. Lastly the second floor is already well set for a library.

That said, I do tend to like the townhouse better. I prefer the architecture, it's a more useful port, and I like being in a city. All personal preferences there though. Terrace can definitely hold a number of statues and a garden. You can't go wrong with either. Two great homes for sure.

Also worth noting, decorating in Alinor Style is currently rather expensive and probably will continue to be for some time.
  • Luthivar
    Luthivar
    ✭✭✭
    Amaya (I own it)

pro: more space per gold, more separated areas (3 houses could use up to 3 furniture styles without looking like a student's room), water, harbour. Overall more possible diversity /experimental options.

con: huge, item cap of 600 with ESO+ will feel very limiting. Won't look as detailed and cozy as the townhouse will. Useless as a teleport knot.

Use rather big items when furnishing it, less flasks, cushions, books etc.
    You might as well skip the decoration of the small building or use it for your crafting stations or as a stable.

I don't own the townhouse. It's next to the crafting stations, so it has more practical use. What I don't like about it is that there are no windows on the ground floor, which appears ears a little unrealistic to me. And you can't do practically anything with the small outside area. On the other hand, you can place more details but at the same time you are more limited when it comes to funiture style diversity. In the end it's kind of an opposite to Amaya, it will as well look more elegant and tidy ind comparison to the rather rugged Lake Lodge.

Furniture: Morrowind, Dunmer, Khajiit and some Redguard lamps or tables perfectly fit the Lake Lodge. For the Alinir Crest Townhouse I'd tend to Alinor, Breton and Redguard style.
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:12AM
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello op,

I own both. Personally I like Amaya better. There are more possibilities with it. Also for some reason Amaya feels more special, while Alinor feels a little bland to me.

If it is important to be near a hub then Alinor wins by far.

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Have you thought of Ald Velothi? I have Alinor TH and I like it, but Ald Velothi is one of my personal favs, because like Sleek Creek you can put statues, have a garden and make it look really just busting at the seams "overfurnished".
    If you like things to look overfurnished out of those 2 you chose go w/ Alinor. Hell, I can still place 200 items and mine looks awesome already and I am not close to finished. Amaya it's hard to get it all, meaning a really good garden, a real lake view (building a deck)and well furnished house with the cap, and the size of the place.
    Also, as mentioned Alinor TH has a great location.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    Amaya. It’s gorgeous, + has a fab outbuilding + a granny flat. :)
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like Alinor more. Style fits me better, and it's easier to furnish within item limit. And if you make that last piece of balcony higher, you've got an amazing view over Alinor:

ZdZhh9b.jpg

But why choose? Buy them both, I'd say.