The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Some issues with health recovery ?

OrphanHelgen
OrphanHelgen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If it gets reduced by defile, shouldn't it get buffed from healing received and / or mending then?
I really struggle testing this because neither combat metrics, ftc or the original ingame combat text show the incoming health recovery for me, but the little test I did, afaik, it did not get buffed from healing received or mending. Can anyone confirm this or tell me how to proper test this, and should it be buffed in that case?
Edited by OrphanHelgen on August 13, 2018 4:26PM
PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    It is classified as a stat recovery so the only way to increase the health recovered is by buffing the recovery stat. It is not classified as a heal so it isn't affected by healing received or done boosts. This is working as intended since it is meant to be a stat recovery rather than a cast heal. The only reason it is debuffed by defile is because it wasn't at one point and high health recovery builds had no counterplay and were essentially immortal. They patched it awhile ago to include it in defile debuffs in order to add counterplay for high health recovery.
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JXNwarrior wrote: »
    It is classified as a stat recovery so the only way to increase the health recovered is by buffing the recovery stat. It is not classified as a heal so it isn't affected by healing received or done boosts. This is working as intended since it is meant to be a stat recovery rather than a cast heal. The only reason it is debuffed by defile is because it wasn't at one point and high health recovery builds had no counterplay and were essentially immortal. They patched it awhile ago to include it in defile debuffs in order to add counterplay for high health recovery.

Ty for insightful answer. I think something needs to be done with it tho, since it looks like a useless stat atm, unless I missed something here.

• JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭

Ty for insightful answer. I think something needs to be done with it tho, since it looks like a useless stat atm, unless I missed something here.

Without building for it, yes it is essentially useless. But building for it (ex. with Troll King) adds a huge amount of survivability to a build. Troll King builds average around 3k health recovery when proc'd. This means that you are recovering 3k health every 2 seconds or essentially a HoT ticking at 1.5k health/sec. It works best with heavy armor builds, builds without burst heals (ex. Forward Momentum instead of Rally) and classes/races with Health Recovery bonuses (Orc, Nord, Khajiit, Nightblade, Sorceror). A good health recovery build can be near impossible to kill without defile, so it is in a rather good/balanced spot imo.
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have to consider that health regen benefits from a TON of modifiers which healing does not:

-Orc/Khajiit/Nord unflinching passive (20%)
    -Heavy armour Constitution passive (4-28%)
    -NB Refreshing Shadows passive (15%)
    -Major Fortitude, from any potion that restores health (20%)

...among others, which makes it possible to stack a health regen multiplier far higher that what can be accomplished for healing.

Health regen builds are incredibly effective when built right. Fight any heavy armor + Trollking user and you'll see how.
    Edited by TheYKcid on August 13, 2018 4:51PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Have to consider that health regen benefits from a TON of modifiers which healing does not:

-Orc/Khajiit/Nord unflinching passive (20%)
    -Heavy armour Constitution passive (4-28%)
    -NB Refreshing Shadows passive (15%)
    -Major Fortitude, from any potion that restores health (20%)

...among others, which makes it possible to stack a health regen multiplier far higher that what can be accomplished for healing.

Health regen builds are incredibly effective when built right. Fight any heavy armor + Trollking user and you'll see how.

ty both, I will give it a try tonight :)

• Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want bee keeper and ognums scales, with troll king. With the steed mundus and health regen food, you can get 4K base and up to 9k when under 60% health.

Nothing will kill you, but you won’t kill anything either.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently at 5188 pre Troll King and Orgnum. When they kick in, it's 10477. But I'll have to check again when I get home. I swear it was higher than that. But Guppet is correct, the only thing I kill is time.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed hp regen because of the Troll King QQ.. Really makes you lol when you think about it, though I also remember the times when HP regen tanks could tank and survive against whole zergs so I'm okay with a weak hp regen system than a strong one.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 13, 2018 8:52PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They nerfed hp regen because of the Troll King QQ.. Really makes you lol when you think about it, though I also remember the times when HP regen tanks could tank and survive against whole zergs so I'm okay with a weak hp regen system than a strong one.

Says more about the zerg than the hp regen tank actually XD.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Health recovery builds were an option for DKs... now they are just ***
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Says more about the zerg than the hp regen tank actually XD.

Well, Dk is probably the biggest victim of the zergs QQ'ing, but zenimax will always cater to their glassy egos. Sloads being introduced as a ''tank counter'', like if we're still in one tamriel, goes to show their point of view(or lack of it) clear as day.

Anyways, there is a reason most stamsorcs use troll king , but DKs actually mostly go for blood spawn instead. Though if this bleed and oblivion damage meta keeps going, I'm pretty sure literally everyone and their mums will be running Troll king cause resistance means nothing these days.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on August 18, 2018 2:18AM