The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pet CC immunity swirlies everywhere

runagate
runagate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Any particular reason that sorc and warden pets all seem to have CC immunity swirlies under them? I see this everywhere I go. Then again, I had a burnt up black head on one toon, including on the character select screen

Ysabel_burnt_up_black_head.png
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunscreen will be a token in the crown store :D
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @runegate Could you please try running a repair on your game client and see if that solves the visual issues you're currently seeing?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What? Someone gave you a swirly?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    @runegate Could you please try running a repair on your game client and see if that solves the visual issues you're currently seeing?

same issue, ran repair and no change :(
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did notice the swirlies around someone else's bear as well when I logged on earlier.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue
    PC eu
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Then again, I had a burnt up black head on one toon, including on the character select screen

I think it looks better than vampire skin. (And next patch, it's probably coming to a crown store near you.)
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    It's not just visual - my FTC addon also shows "CC immunity" buff icon on all combat pets around.

Maybe pets won't get stuck now in pvp ? ;)
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that many pets, not all but a significant amount, show the CC immune white swirls permamently.

Pets is already a large distraction in crowded cities, and this bug just makes it even worse.

Fix please?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Can confirm that many pets, not all but a significant amount, show the CC immune white swirls permamently.

Pets is already a large distraction in crowded cities, and this bug just makes it even worse.

Fix please?

Yep, Fixing it would be nice
    followed by sending everyone from the suit at the top with the purse to the very bottom of the dev heap on a basic QA course
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also happens on Ps4
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attempted change: Increase the pet speed by 25%. Result: CC immunity for pets everywhere. I’m amazed.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The texture issues vary with server performance and come and go. It's not really what I was posted about, I just wanted to share the cool look.

The pet swirlies are seen for many pets by everyone and is not a texture issue. And no, longstanding texture loading problems are not client-side. Sorry I didn't reply earlier but perhaps someone else with the @name @runegate shall ;)
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed sorc pets in mournhold with this buff permanently earlier today on pc Na. I didnt notice it in battle grounds though. No other visual issues.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should rename your character to Black head.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any pets myself, but today I noticed many sorc pets in town with 'swirlies' around them and thought that was rather odd. (PC/NA)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have them on my Sorc's pets 95% of the time atm, it quite confused me last night whilst fishing, which was when I first noticed them! PC-EU.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it going to be like this until next "incremential patch"? Its driving me crazy.

moN5TCq.jpg
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    i only hopped on for a few yesterday but ever since wolf DLC i now have the same visual effect on my pet sorc.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to chime in on this issue: I also see those swirls everywhere, so it isn't one or two clients that need to run a repair to get those visuals right....
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Just downloaded the new update on console and now all the pets have these CC swirls... I can't exactly run a repair client on my PS4. That image above is exactly what it looks like for me, too ^^

Can't believe this didn't get a fix before the update hit consoles. Well, actually, I can.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still present on pc.

TWO incr patches so far, and not even a word about this. Shameful ZOS.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Any particular reason that sorc and warden pets all seem to have CC immunity swirlies under them? I see this everywhere I go. Then again, I had a burnt up black head on one toon, including on the character select screen

Ysabel_burnt_up_black_head.png

Now you know why noogies are bad news...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see them all the time
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Just downloaded the new update on console and now all the pets have these CC swirls... I can't exactly run a repair client on my PS4. That image above is exactly what it looks like for me, too ^^

Can't believe this didn't get a fix before the update hit consoles. Well, actually, I can.

Xbox na for me as well, I saw this posting and looked at a sorc that had the same issue and then another one as well.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS I'm sick and tired of pets looking like this. It's not a problem with anyone's local client, it's a problem with your Wolfhunter update, and people on console are now also experiencing this, which is a proof it's a cross platform problem with your update. Fix.

Yj3Z17P.jpg
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6RBLWBh.png

Yep, it's a thing
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the bump on this thread. We do have a bug in for this issue and are still investigating it.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jess!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens