The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Recommend a backbar set for my dw/2h stamsorc build

Exodium
Exodium
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys, looking for advice on my build

At the moment on my heavy stamsorc I run the following to great success
- 5 7th legion body
- 5 duroks bane backbar (jewellry + 2h axe)
- Master dw
- troll king

This build has been great, as the 10 seconds 100% uptime on duroks is the perfect backbar set. HOWEVER, it's being nerfed to uselessness with a 4 second downtime on every player it procs on, as well as only lasting for 4 seconds, as of Wolfhunter dlc.

So I'm just curious, what do you guys recommend for a really good backbarrable set for my dw stamsorc? Something that gives me a damage buff (or a debuff on opponent) that is relatively easy to proc on my backbar, as I do spend a lot of my time on my front bar applying rending and using steeltornado.

Some possible thoughts I've had are
- clever alchemist (guaranteed proc, bad downtime)
- fury (not sure how this works as a backbar only set)
- briarheart (high downtime maybe?)

Anyways, let me know what you suggest.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’d prob want to go cyro ward next patch as that will have the ability to be 100% uptime with the coming changes.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3xAgility+vMSA if you use Crit Rush.
    5 x Invigoration if you need sustain.

Fury will not work on backbar. But you CAN put 7th on back and fury on perma.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    You’d prob want to go cyro ward next patch as that will have the ability to be 100% uptime with the coming changes.

But isn't that single target application only?
    raasdal wrote: »

Hmmmm interesting. I do have a vma sword (not a 2h axe unfortunately) but don't use crit rush so might not work. The idea of 7th backbar could work, just seems like I'd have to keep an eye out for that proc on backbar before I burst.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

Hmmmm interesting. I do have a vma sword (not a 2h axe unfortunately) but don't use crit rush so might not work. The idea of 7th backbar could work, just seems like I'd have to keep an eye out for that proc on backbar before I burst.

Perhaps, I’m not sure since I dislike running these sets. I guess it depends what you want back bar. If you’re looking for the same kind of extended uptime on some debuff or whatever then I don’t know that there will be one specifically for the reason that they’re kinda OP. If you’re ok with the rhythm the alchemist is definitely strong and synergizes with stam sorc playstyle very well imo.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

Perhaps, I’m not sure since I dislike running these sets. I guess it depends what you want back bar. If you’re looking for the same kind of extended uptime on some debuff or whatever then I don’t know that there will be one specifically for the reason that they’re kinda OP. If you’re ok with the rhythm the alchemist is definitely strong and synergizes with stam sorc playstyle very well imo.

Hmmm yeah I think clever alchemist fits the description really well I just wish there was something with a little more uptime.. 30 seconds downtime is also a little meh. Duroks was perfect I just want something with a similar level of convenience, but maybe you're right it might not exist.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭

Cyrodiils ward will only have a 60% uptime. The duration will be 3 seconds with a 5 second CD.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are your thoughts on me replacing Duroks with either Air or Senche as a backbar set

Air

(2 items) Adds 126 Stamina Recovery

(3 items) Adds 126 Stamina Recovery

(4 items) Increases stealth detection radius by 2 meters.

(5 items) When you use Roll Dodge, your Weapon and Spell Damage is increased by 344 for 6 seconds.

Senche
    (2 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery

(3 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical

(4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina

(5 items) When you use Roll Dodge, your Weapon Damage is increased by 420 and Weapon Critical by 657 for 5 seconds.

I'd probably replace Seventh with fury because I think it'd be TOO inconvenient to wait for 7th to proc, and then switch to backbar just do dodge roll. Just do many things to allign.

Now first thought was, well dodge rolling heavy might be too inconvenient - but I worked out that with my CP allocation I'll have 23% less cost of dodge roll, as well as the extra stamina recovery from either of these sets to make up for it.

But yeah, thoughts on these 2 sets for that extra burst when I need it?
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Prisoner's with 3x swift.

Meep meep.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »

Meep meep.

Eh don't know what it is but never been a fan of prisoners.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meep meep.

Swift doesn´t increase your sprint speed though, so I don´t see swift synergising too well with Prisoner to be honest.
    Edited by Qbiken on August 9, 2018 12:36PM
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Meep meep.

Swift doesn´t increase your sprint speed though, so I don´t see swift synergising too well with Prisoner to be honest.

Swift does increase sprint speed. Try sprinting with and without swift and you’ll notice a massive difference. The only issue is that you might hit the speed cap in which case you are not gaining any additional speed while sprinting.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Meep meep.

Swift does increase sprint speed. Try sprinting with and without swift and you’ll notice a massive difference. The only issue is that you might hit the speed cap in which case you are not gaining any additional speed while sprinting. You have to stack a lot of speed buffs though to reach the cap.

Edit: I usually only run 2 swift on my imperials because I dont waste potential stats this way and they go just over the speed cap while sprinting.

Edited by NobleX35 on August 9, 2018 5:06PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alchemist.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    infuse your jewels wiht potion reduction enchant (gold jewels) and your pot cooldown is 21 seconds with 15 seconds of CA up time on use.

so 15 out of every 21 seconds u have CA up which is 71%. not to bad.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven't seen anyone mention this so i'll throw it out there:

now that they made Night MOther's Gaze apply Major Fracture - what if you ran 5 pc backbar NMG with a 2H and used crit rush. Basically guarantee that everyone you gap close to will have major fracture and then bar swap to dw and dps.

i always want to try and find away to get the important debuffs (heal and armor) on the target but then again - in this game maybe it doesn't matter since TTK burst is ridiculous low as is.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talking about swift trait on jewels, on a medium no cp sorc would backbar swift prisoners be better than robust? Im using 5 medium 1 1 brass/prisoners backbar asylum 2h troll king
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    infuse your jewels wiht potion reduction enchant (gold jewels) and your pot cooldown is 21 seconds with 15 seconds of CA up time on use.

so 15 out of every 21 seconds u have CA up which is 71%. not to bad.

That's interesting but if I put infused on my jewellry I'll lose the robust traits, which is closer to 3k stamina. But could be worth a try..

now that they made Night MOther's Gaze apply Major Fracture - what if you ran 5 pc backbar NMG with a 2H and used crit rush. Basically guarantee that everyone you gap close to will have major fracture and then bar swap to dw and dps.

i always want to try and find away to get the important debuffs (heal and armor) on the target but then again - in this game maybe it doesn't matter since TTK burst is ridiculous low as is.

Didn't think about that. What does NMG apply off? Any melee damage?
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge fan of cowards backbar. If you use 2h for disengaging, even engaging via sprint, you take very little damage and get major expedition which you lack an stamsorc. 1 damage set + master dw is more than enough damage
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Huge fan of cowards backbar. If you use 2h for disengaging, even engaging via sprint, you take very little damage and get major expedition which you lack an stamsorc. 1 damage set + master dw is more than enough damage

yeah maybe youre right I think I might need a utility set backbar instead of more damage.

Keep the suggestions coming.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've considered backbar NMG before, but decided against for a couple of reasons.

For one thing, the debuff only last 6 seconds, and you're not always going to have the opportunity to back-up and reapply it during a brawl. And even if you do, it's a loss of pressure and sustain (crit rush is a costly skill compared to spammables).

Furthermore, a 2H/DW Stamsorc is going to be dealing a huge chunk of their damage via bleeds, which don't benefit from NMG's penetration whatsoever.

My preferred build is thus Master's DW backbar, and 2 5pc sets frontbar for the raw stats.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could rock ulfnors favor if you heavy attack on your back bar. The amount of resources you get back in ulfnors with an off balance heavy attack is a wonderful thing.

It's also one of the lucky sets in the game that gives two 3 pc set bonuses. What stam sorc doesn't love magicka?
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on August 12, 2018 1:12PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Run Truth
    Edited by Lexxypwns on August 12, 2018 2:23PM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Run Truth

How would I proc it reliably? Just dodge roll once and I should be sweet? I can't risk dodge rolling too much as I am in heavy, but it's a 10 second uptime (I think) which does make it somewhat good for backbar.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Exodium it procs pretty reliably on dodge roll, especially when outnumbered.
    I personally run a couple of well-fitted but you can just heavy attack before you roll and end up with a net stamina gain.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally run a couple of well-fitted but you can just heavy attack before you roll and end up with a net stamina gain.

probably the best suggestion yet I prefer this proc condition way more than clever alchemist which has 30secs of downtime
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

Just tested Truth on backbar with a friend (on his stamplar) and I wasn't too happy with the uptime consistency. Sometimes it'd proc pretty reliably, but other times I would dodge roll 2-3 times in succession with him jabbing me and it wouldnt proc..This wouldnt be too big of an issue if I wasn't wasting a lot of stamina (being in heavy especially) dodge rolling just to proc it.

Not sure if Im doing something wrong, but at this point might have to give Truth a miss.