The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A Fair and Useful Change to SLOADS

• notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

going to call ***, Viper base is around 7.4k..You're not magically getting 4k more dot damage on it

I am going to call this fake. Viper and any other proc set damages cannot be increased like that. Not even CPs.
    Koensol wrote: »
    Anyone who compares viper to sloads in a pvp context is completely missing the point. Also @notyuu Nice fake screenshot mate. Not even with minor and major berserk will the tooltip be that high.

Major berserk + Minor berserk + Thaumaturge @ 100...probably be more if i made the gear gold
    pieratsos wrote: »

And thats in no CP? Is this a joke?

No, my bad, I forgot that BGs are non CP
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems we got off topic...this is about finding a new FAIR change to Sloads.....heres what i propose

WE MAKE IT BETTER!!! so everyone uses it.....and then ad this little nugget

If you acquire 10 stacks of sloads on you, you turn into a sload! Yep big old ugly jelly belly slug. So if everyone attacks you with sloads sets you turn into B'korgan wiggly hands and all...maybe that will slow its use....

...and if anyone takes this to be serious, I have a steep bridge to sell in another thread.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    (5 Items) Damaging an enemy that's blocking has a X% (put whatever % you want here ZOS) chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 980 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. Effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Half of cyrodiil is hiding behind triple shieldstacks and does not bother to block.
    The other half is blinking in and out of invisibility while doing sommersaults in-between. You can guess how much blocking they are doing.

Be honest: would *you* equip a set that does nothing unless your target blocks?

No, I wouldn't. And that's kind of the point. It'd move Sloads from being used by an insane amount of people (again, I'm speaking on my experience in BGs cause it's running rampant there right now), to damn near very little people. This change would effectively erase Sload's from the game

So basically, your aim is to create another set in ESO that noone uses. I think we already have enough of those.

I'd think we should just remove Sloads from the game entirely as we already have stupid no counterplay sets like shieldbreaker and knightslayer.

But this blocking idea makes it easier for ZOS so I'm fine with it
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    So like shield breaker for perma block builds... interestinf
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You want to balance Sload?

I got the fix for you. Make Oblivion damage be halved in Cyro by Battle Spirit - like every other damage source. And yes, absolutely nothing in return.

I have tested with an extremely "balanced" build with Sheer Venom, Sload and Skoria with double dot crafted poison on bow. It literally deals over 25K damage with something as simple as light attack > Poison Injection. Sload consistently outperform the crushing majority of other proc sets, and it doesn't matter whether you are a tank, or squishy, or if you happen to be within 50km of a Sload user.

You will get Sloaded to death.

d329b586de.png
    40476b8490.png
    e6fdec5a6b.png

That's what it looks like 80% of the time Sload is involved. And that's in Cyrodiil and CP campaign. Non CP gets even more ridiculous than that:

c7e0b3ae9d.png

Lethal Arrow > Light attack > Poison Injection > Sheath weapon and watch your enemy die from dots within 3 seconds. Sload still a huge damage contributor smh.

nkhYkxB.png

So no, people saying it's fine and balanced need to be back to primary school and learn math all over again. Sorry, that's the only way I can put at this point.

And since I was using 2 other proc sets we can directly compare Sload's effectiveness compared to other sets. Skoria on a dot heavy build (even using Caltrops in large fights to get more procs), Sheer Venom which still has this tooltip:

j2l9ztz.png

Yet it still deals between 2 to 5 times less damage than Sloads.

Not sure how to put it more bluntly. Oblivion damage as a whole is overpowered in PvP, and seeing all Oblivion damage sources halved is the absolute minimum that should happen.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »

going to call ***, Viper base is around 7.4k..You're not magically getting 4k more dot damage on it

I am going to call this fake. Viper and any other proc set damages cannot be increased like that. Not even CPs.
    Koensol wrote: »
    Anyone who compares viper to sloads in a pvp context is completely missing the point. Also @notyuu Nice fake screenshot mate. Not even with minor and major berserk will the tooltip be that high.

Major berserk + Minor berserk + Thaumaturge @ 100...probably be more if i made the gear gold
    pieratsos wrote: »

And thats in no CP? Is this a joke?

No, my bad, I forgot that BGs are non CP

So, if that is how that is achieved. It is very impractical then. Sources of Major Berserk are rare and too conditional, 100 into Thau means you suffer on other damages and wasted CP. Penetration is the best way to increase how much a proc deals damage as more penetration means closer to full value damage it deals after accounting for Battle Spirit. Better to run Sheer Venom I guess with balanced CP distribution.
    Asmael wrote: »
    You want to balance Sload?

I got the fix for you. Make Oblivion damage be halved in Cyro by Battle Spirit - like every other damage source. And yes, absolutely nothing in return.

I have tested with an extremely "balanced" build with Sheer Venom, Sload and Skoria with double dot crafted poison on bow. It literally deals over 25K damage with something as simple as light attack > Poison Injection. Sload consistently outperform the crushing majority of other proc sets, and it doesn't matter whether you are a tank, or squishy, or if you happen to be within 50km of a Sload user.

You will get Sloaded to death.

d329b586de.png
    40476b8490.png
    e6fdec5a6b.png

That's what it looks like 80% of the time Sload is involved. And that's in Cyrodiil and CP campaign. Non CP gets even more ridiculous than that:

c7e0b3ae9d.png

Lethal Arrow > Light attack > Poison Injection > Sheath weapon and watch your enemy die from dots within 3 seconds. Sload still a huge damage contributor smh.

nkhYkxB.png

So no, people saying it's fine and balanced need to be back to primary school and learn math all over again. Sorry, that's the only way I can put at this point.

And since I was using 2 other proc sets we can directly compare Sload's effectiveness compared to other sets. Skoria on a dot heavy build (even using Caltrops in large fights to get more procs), Sheer Venom which still has this tooltip:

j2l9ztz.png

Yet it still deals between 2 to 5 times less damage than Sloads.

Not sure how to put it more bluntly. Oblivion damage as a whole is overpowered in PvP, and seeing all Oblivion damage sources halved is the absolute minimum that should happen.

Yay with actual comparison. Props to you! Sload's will deal full damage due to the nature of its mechanic once hit. Only NBs are truly going to escape the wrath of Sload's. Pairing that with other strong DoT that is bleed with Master's Axes... instadeath for anyone. Tanks only live for like 2 more seconds? Of course with Defile.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

img.

Sload did 3 ticks in that fight, for 2500 damage total.
    If you used another proc set, and it would proc and hit, the result would be the same.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads hits harder because its damage is unaffected by battle spirit whereas other proc sets have their item description tooltip halved on top of resistances. The reality is, damage procs–of any kind–shouldn't exist if you want a skill-based game. Skoria, sloads, zaan, viper, sheer venom, poisons, it doesn't matter. They're all crutches and give players free damage at the cost of no resources. No proc sets should scale with CP, although I wouldn't be against deleting every proc set from the game entirely.

A massive skill gap in a game is healthy. It means theres competition. If you're too busy or lazy to L2P, then you shouldn't be able to compete with the best. Just enjoy a casual approach to the game, and yes, that means dying to better players.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on August 13, 2018 12:54AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been running my stamblade a lot and got stuck in Sloads hell a few times today and I have to say I am not sure it’s a bad thing. Forces me to use other tools, LOS, and fight. But it’s like defile for healing only it’s a cloak and shield counter that is a bit too much yet almost feels necessary. Think I’d rather have that over a direct cloak nerf I feel will come someday the more I see it spammed.

Unfortunately it’s only losing its cloak counter and still going to go through shields. Think shield breaker is enough
    Edited by technohic on August 13, 2018 1:01AM