The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Homes near a wayshrine?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
How many homes are nearby or right next to a wayshrine? Non-DLC homes preferred. Also not in City/Towns where guards patrol.
Edited by phaneub17_ESO on August 5, 2018 3:32AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serenity Falls Estate in Reapers March off the top of my head plus I believe their is another one in Reapers March but I can't remember the name right now.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mournouth keep, Bangkorai
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mournoth keep, the medium orc house, Black Vine Villa, and Cyrodillic Jungle house, small altmer and small imperial, are all close to wayshrines...
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    May as well take the opportunity to ask the powers that be, once again, if could please give us wayshrines as a furnishing or if not, please remove wayshrine costs out of player homes.
    Can't understand why this one continues to be overlooked
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, Sleek Creek House in Rawl'kha is quite convinient. Wayshrine in city, yes, but you can go to it unnoticed (one or two guards that are easy to avoid) + outlaw refuge nearby. And not too expensive.
    Also can be good for crafting dailies.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravenhurst (in Rivenspire) is on the outskirts of a settlement and a short walk to a wayshrine... I don't recall ever seeing any guards between the two points.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    May as well take the opportunity to ask the powers that be, once again, if could please give us wayshrines as a furnishing or if not, please remove wayshrine costs out of player homes.
    Can't understand why this one continues to be overlooked

At the very least in the Manors, you're already paying over 3 million gold or top crown for these locations, they're large enough to hold their own wayshrine within. Just make it like the Fighter's Guild Forge Wayshrine where it can only port to the outside.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Get all of the 'free' apartments.

NOTE:
    They are free if you start a character that belongs to the faction for the zone the apartment is in and do the 'House Quest', else they cost about 16K gold each. Once unlocked they are associated to your account not the character so all of your other characters benefit. You can start a character just to get the free house then delete the character.

Each apartment is located inside of a 'Town' and are very close to a Wayshrine.

They are very easy to get, even at low levels and you can always travel to any house you own for free. The only draw back is that houses have longer than normal load times, and you have to load again when you leave the house. So no matter how close you are to the way point if you are using the house to avoid paying for a teleport, then you will have to deal with 2 longer than normal load screens.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The closest homes to a Wayshrine (if I'm not mistaken) are as follows:
    The Rosy Lion in Daggerfall (Inn Room)
    The Mara's Kiss Inn Room in Vulkhel Guard (Inn Room)
    The Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret in Mournhold (Apartment)
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on August 12, 2018 3:58AM
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mathiisen is not far from the wayshrine nor is Domus Phrasticus in Craglorn. Both are fairly close to wayshrines.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snugpod in Elden Root
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mara's Kiss room is two steps from the Vulkhel Guard wayshrine, and there are no guards patrolling that route that I can remember. I don't find the second loading screen significant at all (one or two seconds).

House of the Silent Magnifico - if you slip out the back and jump off the edge, you can run to the wayshrine/Outlaw refuge without encountering any guards.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, Sleek Creek House in Rawl'kha is quite convinient. Wayshrine in city, yes, but you can go to it unnoticed (one or two guards that are easy to avoid) + outlaw refuge nearby. And not too expensive.
    Also can be good for crafting dailies.

Not only that, but you can use the Outlaws' Refuge as a path to the wayshrine that avoids the guards.
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    Autumn's Gate gets me out of trouble a lot. No guards between it and the closest wayshrine.

85197d7b.jpg
    Edited by Ruthven on August 31, 2018 7:32PM
  • boushhdcub17_ESO
    Coming soon to Eastmarch there will be a new Classic home. It will be a mere hop & skip from Kynesgrove Wayshrine with only the initial load time out the exit (unlike rooms in Inns with multiples). No guards. Quite unique housing that may be available for a limited time (not apparent on public test server). Additional amenity: if you have a vampire character, just a few steps south of the wayshrine there are yellow (non auto aggro) NPCs for that quick fix without terrifying the locals and thus getting a bounty. Of course, if you grab one in a group instead of a single, the others will react to fight you, but are easily dispatched, and again, gets you no bounty.

For sheer number of amenities, I'd have to go with Sleek Creek House. Near immediate access to an Outlaw's Refuge is the main draw, but easy to skirt around that to the very close wayshrine to avoid guards. If bearing no heat, then quick access to merchants, crafting daily quests with turn-ins in close proximity, and even a set of guild traders for some quick shopping.
    Edited by boushhdcub17_ESO on September 30, 2018 3:39AM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're worried about guards, you can't beat Snugpod. It's just steps away from the outlaw den entrance (no guards in the way,) and just outside Elden Root for anything else you might want including the wayshrine of course. It's only 45K gold as well.

It's where I always port if I have too much heat and bounty built up.