Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My First Radiant Apex Mount

Marginis
Marginis
✭✭✭✭✭
So, with the flame atronach crates returning, and them having the radiant apex reward I most wanted (shadow atronach senche), and myself having decent funding saved for the first time since before ESO existed, and crowns being 30% off (only 30% but whatever, it still helps)... I decided to take a shot at getting that mount.

I had previously gotten the resplendant sweetroll, in the dwarven crates (I was going for the ebon senche mount then, which I didn't really care about, but I wanted so I could say I had every senche mount in the game), which I believe was the first time they had radiant apex rewards, but I had absolutely terrible luck with any other radiant apex rewards. I should mention that this comes with other friends gifting me literally hundreds of dollars and me spending hundreds of my own, and getting every dwarven crate reward, and I still didn't get a radiant apex mount.

But, whatever. I had already gotten a few rewards from the flame crates the first time around, but I didn't have most of the regular apex mounts and I was only missing a few non-apex rewards. I'm pretty sure that all the rewards I had gotten from the flame crates up to now had been through gems.

Anyway, I spent $105USD on 21,000 crowns. Got a flaming camel. Spent another $105. At this point I realized I had a metric ton of gems, so I opened all the crates and bought every reward other than the bear mount with gems. Another $105. Lucky I was in a relaxing hotsprings area in my home at this point. I got a radiant apex mount. My god, it's beautiful, it's amazing, it's... the one I wanted least and the one my friend already had. But now I know it's possible. Got the bear mount with gems. I now have gotten every possible reward from these crates except the two remaining radiant apex mounts.

Alright, wasn't planning on spending more, but now it's overtime. $105. 21,000 crowns. 4 more 15 packs for 60 crates. There it is... another sweetroll.

-_-

Fine, whatever, now I have two. Then, in the last couple crates... the wolf. I now have every reward from these crates except the one I want. It's gambling. I'm not stopping here. I have a problem. I don't care. $105 more.

Nothing but duplicates. I get the senche mount from the psijic crates with gems 'cuz why not. I have over 2,000.

$105 more. I can't handle this. I have some money saved but seriously, not this much. Whatever. I can put it on my credit card and pay it off before the end of the month with not my next paycheck, but the one after. I'm desperate. I don't care how rigged this system is, I'm going to beat it. I've played this game so long, spent so much money on it, I should have this.

With just a few crates to go I get the last possible reward from the flame atronach crates.

I now have every atronach senche. I have now spent over $6,000USD on this game over its lifetime. I now have every possible reward, including ALL the radiant apex rewards from a crown crate season.

I still hate that there are rewards that can ONLY be gotten through RNG, especially when it involves real world cash. I hate gambling. I'll NEVER go for a radiant apex ever again. EVER. 'Cuz I'll tell you right now, even through all of that, after STARTING with already having most of the rewards, I still think I got lucky.

I don't even like the shadow atronach senche that much. Not more than my striped senche at any rate. But now at least I have it. Finally, a radiant apex reward that isn't just a &#@~$!% sweetroll. Well, ANOTHER sweetroll.

IMG_ab487fd0-7ca5-4576-bec5-eec4d61e1861.png
Edited by Marginis on August 11, 2018 1:44PM
@Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I like some crown crates now and then, and I got the Ebon Senche last time they gave some dwarven crates away; but I found this post depressing tbh.

Glad you got what you wanted finally, at least!
    Edited by Mureel on August 11, 2018 3:02PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    I have to say, I like some crown crates now and then, and I got the Ebon Senche last time they gave some dwarven crates away; but I found this post depressing tbh.

Glad you got what you wanted finally, at least!

The best way I can describe how I feel is like that feeling after I vote. It's like, I voted for someone I disagreed with, and is in many ways a bad person... but at least it's a vote against the other candidate.

Lol so yes, a bit depressing, but I'd probably do the same thing given a time machine.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, congrats on finally getting what you wanted! It's a garbage system, everyone agrees, but I'm glad your decision to sigh your way through it anyway was ultimately worth it enough that you don't really have any regrets.

...now go prove that you donate to charity before the forumites set you on fire. :smirk:
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Hey, congrats on finally getting what you wanted! It's a garbage system, everyone agrees, but I'm glad your decision to sigh your way through it anyway was ultimately worth it enough that you don't really have any regrets.

...now go prove that you donate to charity before the forumites set you on fire. :smirk:

I gift crown stuff and gold to friends and new players every now and then, I help with advice for any players who want it, and I volunteer at the local animal shelter. :smile: I've also given to several larger charities, like the Human Rights Campaign and World Wildlife Fund. So no fire pls.
    Edited by Marginis on August 11, 2018 11:33PM
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can never win against their system if you keep giving into them. I spend $100 bucks max on ESO a month simply because its my entertainment for the time being and if I get Bad RNG on Crates I take the L and log off. Don't let crates get the best of you.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even like the shadow atronach senche that much.

:o This is really sad. Looks like you wanted to have it just cause it's so rare and cause it's senche, not because you truly love the mount... It's always good when the creature finds loving owner, and I would sincerely congratulate you if you were really in love with this beauty (and been through so much sadness to get it), but as it is I don't understand the reason you willingly decided to suffer so much :/ All for the thing you don't even love. So just grats on getting the rare reward :)

I fell in love with this mount the day I first saw it datamined. I really lost hope long time ago, and there were desperate times when I tried to persuade myself that this creature is not good - just to ease my suffering. But when crate RNG suddenly blessed me, this dark beauty arrived right into the embrace of his newfound friend after all his journeys in dark dangerous worlds. While he was lost there, he couldn't even know that he might ever have a safe place he can call home, and someone who will love and care for him. Nobody ever looked into his eyes and saw something other than cold dark abyss before... And I can't stop looking at him all the time, no matter if we ride somewhere, or just idle, or stay at home. The scary creature of shadows, cold and cruel - he definitely didn't expect to ever find a friend who would see beauty where one should see danger <3

ALpFTpK.jpg

His breathtaking voice makes the soul tremble, and I'm never tired to listen, encouraging him to tell me about his past journeys full of danger and despair. He can sound cute too, like when he tries to question the destination of our journey and doesn't understand why we are in a hurry for such an insignificant reason :smiley:

This is far from everything I could say about this beauty. You wrote much more, but all you said there is how much money you've spent - on the mount which you don't really like... :/ It can't be truly sad story cause in the end you got what you "wanted", but I can't feel happiness in your words.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I don't even like the shadow atronach senche that much.

:o This is really sad. Looks like you wanted to have it just cause it's so rare and cause it's senche, not because you truly love the mount... It's always good when the creature finds loving owner, and I would sincerely congratulate you if you were really in love with this beauty (and been through so much sadness to get it), but as it is I don't understand the reason you willingly decided to suffer so much :/ All for the thing you don't even love. So just grats on getting the rare reward :)

I fell in love with this mount the day I first saw it datamined. I really lost hope long time ago, and there were desperate times when I tried to persuade myself that this creature is not good - just to ease my suffering. But when crate RNG suddenly blessed me, this dark beauty arrived right into the embrace of his newfound friend after all his journeys in dark dangerous worlds. While he was lost there, he couldn't even know that he might ever have a safe place he can call home, and someone who will love and care for him. Nobody ever looked into his eyes and saw something other than cold dark abyss before... And I can't stop looking at him all the time, no matter if we ride somewhere, or just idle, or stay at home. The scary creature of shadows, cold and cruel - he definitely didn't expect to ever find a friend who would see beauty where one should see danger <3

ALpFTpK.jpg

His breathtaking voice makes the soul tremble, and I'm never tired to listen, encouraging him to tell me about his past journeys full of danger and despair. He can sound cute too, like when he tries to question the destination of our journey and doesn't understand why we are in a hurry for such an insignificant reason :smiley:

This is far from everything I could say about this beauty. You wrote much more, but all you said there is how much money you've spent - on the mount which you don't really like... :/ It can't be truly sad story cause in the end you got what you "wanted", but I can't feel happiness in your words.

It's not that I dislike it, moreso that I was hoping for a little more for all I had to put in. When you see the preview, you hope for something like the other atronach senches but with beautiful blacks shadows wisping and wafting off it. As it is it looks more like a cloud of bugs pestilently buzzing around the corpse of an atronach senche. It isn't bad, and fits with some themes, but isn't quite what I was hoping for, and is made a bit more sour with what I had to go through to get it. If I had gotten lucky, that would be one thing, but I have to put in work (read: money) for what other people just get from luck.

Basically, it's still sweet to have gotten, but with everything else it's... bittersweet.

And if it were just to have a rare reward I wouldn't have gone for it. My main has a thing for atronach senches, and the shadow atronach seems like the ultimate atronach senche, so it was never just about the rarity. I still have my striped senche for that. :wink:
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had a crown crate for every thread like this Id probably have every mount in the game. I still dont understand why it's so hard for other people to understand that this is gambling, it is RNG, you could spend $10k on crates and get nothing and neither ZOS nor anyone else has any obligation to ensure that you get anything more than crown tri pots. Whoever you are IRL, unless you are independently wealthy, or make a very comfortable living, which it sounds like you dont really, why are you spending so much money on cosmetic items? You get a good amount of free crates every month, just be happy with that and buy a mount or two when you have enough gems saved up. THats what I do, and it doesnt make a lick of difference in how the game plays. Please, save your money, dont go into credit debt for a game, thats really dangerous. If you cant control it just dont start. I really wish these RNG crates would become completely illegal.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 12, 2018 3:38PM
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    So, with the flame atronach crates returning, and them having the radiant apex reward I most wanted (shadow atronach senche), and myself having decent funding saved for the first time since before ESO existed, and crowns being 30% off (only 30% but whatever, it still helps)... I decided to take a shot at getting that mount.

I had previously gotten the resplendant sweetroll, in the dwarven crates (I was going for the ebon senche mount then, which I didn't really care about, but I wanted so I could say I had every senche mount in the game), which I believe was the first time they had radiant apex rewards, but I had absolutely terrible luck with any other radiant apex rewards. I should mention that this comes with other friends gifting me literally hundreds of dollars and me spending hundreds of my own, and getting every dwarven crate reward, and I still didn't get a radiant apex mount.

But, whatever. I had already gotten a few rewards from the flame crates the first time around, but I didn't have most of the regular apex mounts and I was only missing a few non-apex rewards. I'm pretty sure that all the rewards I had gotten from the flame crates up to now had been through gems.

Anyway, I spent $105USD on 21,000 crowns. Got a flaming camel. Spent another $105. At this point I realized I had a metric ton of gems, so I opened all the crates and bought every reward other than the bear mount with gems. Another $105. Lucky I was in a relaxing hotsprings area in my home at this point. I got a radiant apex mount. My god, it's beautiful, it's amazing, it's... the one I wanted least and the one my friend already had. But now I know it's possible. Got the bear mount with gems. I now have gotten every possible reward from these crates except the two remaining radiant apex mounts.

Alright, wasn't planning on spending more, but now it's overtime. $105. 21,000 crowns. 4 more 15 packs for 60 crates. There it is... another sweetroll.

-_-

Fine, whatever, now I have two. Then, in the last couple crates... the wolf. I now have every reward from these crates except the one I want. It's gambling. I'm not stopping here. I have a problem. I don't care. $105 more.

Nothing but duplicates. I get the senche mount from the psijic crates with gems 'cuz why not. I have over 2,000.

$105 more. I can't handle this. I have some money saved but seriously, not this much. Whatever. I can put it on my credit card and pay it off before the end of the month with not my next paycheck, but the one after. I'm desperate. I don't care how rigged this system is, I'm going to beat it. I've played this game so long, spent so much money on it, I should have this.

With just a few crates to go I get the last possible reward from the flame atronach crates.

I now have every atronach senche. I have now spent over $6,000USD on this game over its lifetime. I now have every possible reward, including ALL the radiant apex rewards from a crown crate season.

I still hate that there are rewards that can ONLY be gotten through RNG, especially when it involves real world cash. I hate gambling. I'll NEVER go for a radiant apex ever again. EVER. 'Cuz I'll tell you right now, even through all of that, after STARTING with already having most of the rewards, I still think I got lucky.

I don't even like the shadow atronach senche that much. Not more than my striped senche at any rate. But now at least I have it. Finally, a radiant apex reward that isn't just a &#@~$!% sweetroll. Well, ANOTHER sweetroll.

IMG_ab487fd0-7ca5-4576-bec5-eec4d61e1861.png

Thar she blows mateys, harpoons at the ready!