Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS is giving out a unique pet exclusively to streamer favourites and QuakeCon attendees

• Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do watch the YouTube community..... any way to get a pet that way?
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Sorry but some of us live on the other side of the globe, and have no way to attend your cons. And this trend of rewarding people who watch streamers is a direction I really disagree with. I couldn't care less about watching some streamer, and I don't see how giving some special streamers exclusive pet codes to hand out to their favourites is a good thing for the game.

As someone sort of in their target audience with this
    do want the pet, and willing to do something in-game to get the pet
    but not going to make a Twitch account and start watching streamers to get it

feel like this is kind of dropping the ball on ZOS' part when it comes to engaging with the community
    do appreciate that streamers and their viewers are a part of the community ZOS seems to want to promote
    but it always kind of sucks when such efforts to engage members of the community end up alienating a larger % than it benefits
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be used to it by now.. zos does stuff like this all the time.. Of course they would do it with something cool and new to the game.. Just like the twitch drops.
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly people, come on, it's a glow-bug. Is it really worth starting this much drama about? It seems no matter what any game company decides to do now-a-days, someone's going to be drastically upset and offended about something...

I'm 100% fine with not having the twentieth or so useless cosmetic non-combat pet, that's just going to sit in my collections page until the end of time, because I'm either not going to use it at all, continue using a different one I already like (I don't have any active, I prefer not to have any out.), or use it until the next super shiny, "totally gotta' have it" non-combat pet comes out (EX: This happening again.), and toss the poor bugger in the garden to be eaten by a hungry spider.

Do you people really need this, that bad? If it's something about 'perfectionism', and 'completion-ism'. I'm sure you never had the chance to really do so in the first place. Unless you've been playing ESO from day one and done all the things necessary to actually have everything, that of which would be some hella' dedication.

If you do, then just go watch a stream, it won't kill you.
    If you can, go to the event, I bet it'd be great! (I can't.)
    But if not, just move on with your life, cherish the pets you already have, give them a big ol' hug and tell them how much they mean to you, because a little glowing bug isn't going to come between you, and your favorite little mudcrab (Or, what-ever you have.)

[This ended up being a lot longer than what I intended to make it be, sorry. Have an upmost splendid rest of your day!]
    『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am nowhere near being the target demographic for this. i play on xbox and i'm one of those people who doesn't understand why i should show somebody else playing my game on one of my screens when i'd rather pay attention to keeping my own character alive.

but i'd sure love a torchbug. that would -- without a doubt -- be my new favorite pet. sometimes i go to Rivenspire when it's nighttime just to see the bunches of them come up and glit around for a while before i confiscate their thoraxes. i'm too tired from work today to have any negative feelings about it, so i'm just gonna wistfully hope that ZOS figures out a way to get this thing onto my account someday.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are not entitled to having all pets. In fact, you are not entitled to anything.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a wierd and dumb times... Gaming company rewarding people for not playing their game haha Maybe I'm just getting old but watching the so-called streamers instead of playing the game for yourself is stupid.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree. It's assinine. There is no way I'm going to watch a streamer play the game I am currently playing. That would be ridiculous.

Do you watch any sport in TV? Why don't you go and do it instead of watching?
    Streams can give good tips for in-game challenges, they mean additional contact between the devs and the community (in the form of dev streams), and can be a good distraction if you can't play (like when you are in holiday, travelling or having your computer/console broken and waiting for its repair...).
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to get pets and mounts that they're currently giving away to stream-watchers, but no amount of bribery from ZOS will EVER make me waste the required hours of my life watching some random on the internet playing a game I'd have far more fun playing myself. It seems like I'm not the only one who feels that way judging by this thread. I just cannot imagine willingly spending my limited free time being forced to listen to inane, egotistical, and boring chatter from people with variously annoying voices over the top of game content I've either already done or don't want spoiled. If I wanted to do that, I'd join a guild that required the use of Discord, and at least then I'd still be playing the game myself.

How about putting the pets in game and available through achievements and quests and encourage people to actually play the game instead of trying to force them against their will to put up with tedious streams just so they can get a pet (which, from the guild chats I read, people are just leaving up and going to do something else anyway). I know you've been getting better at that, but you're still not as good as Blizzard when it comes to accessibility of pets and mounts, who actually drum up interest in store offerings by letting people build their collections through playing the game first.

What I want to know is why ZOS is so desperate to create a Twitch presence for this game, which really doesn't lend itself to that forum, that they'll literally bribe people with a pet that they could otherwise be charging money for. Especially when most crown store offerings are so outrageously overpriced. Who really discovers games like this through Twitch that the cost of this kind of advertising becomes worth it?
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonised You're my hero.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    @Carbonised You're my hero.

Not all heroes wear capes. *flies away*
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7i8jRTE.jpg
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dallas is 8500km from where I live, a flight takes around 12 hours and costs 1500€. Worth it for a pet. :D
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Streamer favorites? No. They are members of our official Stream Team, and yes, they will occasionally get exclusive items to give away during their streams to help grow their channels. We did give away some of these codes to folks who took the time to attend our community meetup last night, and players stopping by the booth. As others have said, this isn't the first time we've done this. We will likely have some codes on-hand at the upcoming gamescom and PAX conventions, too. If you can't attend an in-person convention, your best bet is to try and win one from a member of our Stream Team (these are on all platforms, too).

Edit: Also, our Stream Team members have been giving these codes out for months.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 12, 2018 2:03PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streamer favorites? No. They are members of our official Stream Team, and yes, they will occasionally get exclusive items to give away during their streams to help grow their channels.

Not really a fan of this, as should be clear by this post. I may be old fashioned about this, but I believe that ingame rewards should be obtainable ingame, or at least through the ingame store, and not be awarded simply from watching someone else play the game. Sure, it's marketing, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

As for the cons, that's not really feasible for those of us on the Europe side, is it. Especially not those of us who live in countries with no cons and several days' travel to the nearest one. Would be nice if the game wasn't as americo-centric as it is, you do have two servers per platform, after all.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As for the cons, that's not really feasible for those of us on the Europe side, is it. Especially not those of us who live in countries with no cons and several days' travel to the nearest one. Would be nice if the game wasn't as americo-centric as it is, you do have two servers per platform, after all.

Gamescom is in Germany.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This pet has been given as giveaway codes for months. One of the streamers I watched gave their codes away with rng which I respect. I never got one which I am sad about because I do love the pet, but hopefully one day we will see it.

I see no problem with special gifts for people when it's equal chance or something as easy as logging a stream. Quakecon is a little bit more difficult but many, many companies do this with special content. Look at overwatch'bastion skin which was only given away with a ticket purchased to their event.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder when advertisers on Twitch are going to catch on that things like drops have a lot of people "watching" streams that have no interest in doing so, so their ads are being served to people with a muted browser open on a second monitor, on a spare laptop ,etc.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    I wonder when advertisers on Twitch are going to catch on that things like drops have a lot of people "watching" streams that have no interest in doing so, so their ads are being served to people with a muted browser open on a second monitor, on a spare laptop ,etc.

If the actual content on those twitch channels was interesting enough, they wouldn't have to lure people in with "exclusive" rewards.

I know many of my ESO guildmembers just had the QuakeCon presentation going in the background with the sound off, me included, simply to get the pet.

I watch several TES and Fallout related YourTube video creators (not streamers), because I enjoy their content and it gives me information, news or other things I value. I don't need a cheap reward in order to follow these creators.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gamescom is in Germany.

Thanks, but I'll pass. Cologne is still 3,000 km away from where I live.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gamescom is in Germany.

And that's the only occasion for us Europeans get something like this (unless we want to spend way too much money and time to go to the US), not to mention not everybody can afford to travel to Germany as well.
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    And that's the only occasion for us Europeans get something like this (unless we want to spend way too much money and time to go to the US), not to mention not everybody can afford to travel to Germany as well.
    For someone in Oxford, travelling to London is bad enough; Germany is probably... well it's probably less stressful, except that I'd still need to go to, through or past London first. Anyway.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have no issue with the community managers, I feel you guys in general get hate than is completely undeserved, but this time I feel like you may not have thought your reply through. I understand the frustration with having to deal with a forum that is more filled with anger than positivity, but I feel your exasperation is blinding you to the real issue :

in spite of its geographically widespread public and customers, the game events remain terribly north-america-centric

Answering "Gamescom is in Germany" is incredible bad faith. Is that the only European event you can cite ? Do they give away unique pet codes there ? How many are there in the USA ? How can we find balance ?

Non USA users have been pointing out this issue for a long while now. We've already reacted to a previous twitch event with its white wolf mount gift, which was streamed in Europe around 3 AM. I don't remember there have even been words of consolation. It's not that we're entitled to it (this being a word that is used so randomly it''s losing its meaning) it's that there a deep feeling of unfairness

Also, yes, the completionist aspect, which I actually do feel for myself. Much empathy to those who feel they'll never get it all. This is a game, after all, a place to find solace. If there IS a place we should be able to have it all, that definitely should be it

The best thing is to unite the community, not driving random wedges between groups of players.

The last twitch event at least had the good idea of making the prizes avaliable for non-pc platforms, which is a great direction to go ! Very good ! Much approval ! Let's carry on this way !
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »

Yeah, but I'm sure ZOS got to say "wow, look at how many people watched stuff about our game!"

Never you mind that many of those views were more like "watching". I'd be curious to see how much fruit this actually bears vs just being views inflation by current players only interested in the rewards.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    You are not entitled to having all pets. In fact, you are not entitled to anything.

Nah, we are entitled to have our accounts terminated at any time for any reason.

At least one thing they can't take away from us. o:)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ampnode wrote: »
    You guys okay...?

Not really.

As a console player we get "hey you guys can do this too in the future!"

Then it turns into "well maybe..."

Then "LOG in and get something!"

So situations like this one, makes me wonder even if such a thing is available to us.

Representatives are non-console only
    Twitch rewards are non-console only
    Combat metrics are non-console only
    I get the feeling this is non-console only

Streamers do have codes for the Torchbug on consoles. The codes are distinct from the PC ones, and in the case of the PS4 there are separate NA and EU codes, but you guys can, in fact, get the torchbug.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are making far too big a deal of this. These are prizes intended to promote their product on a specific platform or venue. This is no different than giveaways to Facebook followers, or product freebies through Twitter or their website, or write-in contests, or radio "listen in at whatever-o-clock for your chance to win...", or what have you.

For anyone who chooses not to watch streams, that's your choice. Part of that choice means choosing to be ineligible for prizes offered through that platform. Again, your choice. Zeni has no obligation to offer prizes to you through another means, to reward you for refusing to participate in their promotion.
    Edited by Reverb on August 14, 2018 1:38AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reverb Oh my god, it's not about OBLIGATION, it's about ethics and morality and making the game a nice place for everyone

You don't have an OBLIGATION to wash your dishes : you do it. It's not a REQUIREMENT to hold the door to the next person : you do it. There's no LAW telling you to greet the checkout person kindly but you do it anyway because that's what being a NICE PERSON IS.

And if you have kids and you give candy to one and nothing to the other, the police won't come knocking but you should definitely question your life choices and get ready to deal with the resulting outrage because - hey ! - even animals recognize unfairness.

There's more to life than obligation.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    People are making far too big a deal of this. These are prizes intended to promote their product on a specific platform or venue. This is no different than giveaways to Facebook followers, or product freebies through Twitter or Facebook, or write-in contests, or radio "listen in at whatever-o-clock for your chance to win...", or what have you.

For anyone who chooses not to watch streams, that's your choice. Part of that choice means being choosing to be ineligible for prizes offered through that platform. Again, your choice. Zeni has no obligation to offer prizes to you through another means, to reward you for refusing to participate in their promotion.

Well, for start it would be great to know who has giveaways for the pet on Twitch. Without that it's not easy to have a chance to win it since you don't even know who you should follow and watch...
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it was anything other than a worthless pet Id get my pitchfork out and join you.
This discussion has been closed.