Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nuzhimeh the Merchant - worst 5k crowns waste

• Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    She fits the definition consumer, not a merchant.

U serious?...

Nuzhimeh the MERCHANT, man! The MERCHANT!!!
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can either add the buy/ repair functions and justify the 5 k crowns cost or lower it's value to half the price.

5.000 crowns for a mere walking dump, seriously...
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Wrong. This affects the entire game because it will keep more people in their instanced house rather than having to interact in town. New players shouldnt log into a town to see it empty. Your suggestion will hurt the game long term.
    Oh cmon, you can't be serious here, really
    Check out Ultima Online. No one goes to Britain bank anymore because you can send just about anything from your bag to the bank. New players that log in here see an empty world. It's awful aesthetics.
    This game died long ago.
    Furthermore, if you want to repair on the fly, buy some repair crates. You can the cheap ones from an NPC vendor in town or buy some instantly thru crown store if needed.
    And seems here is a real reason of little service that Nizhimeh provides
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    You fancy pantsy PC people need to preface your complaints with a [MASTER RACE] tag or something, because us console plebs don't have addons and for many of us, the merchant is a life saver. And a time saver, which is even more important; that's part of what makes her so great. Same with the banker.
    And, may I ask, wtf you are arguing here?
    Are you really against a little improvements in her service?
    Seriously?

Yes, were against changes to an aspect of the game that is working fine and doesnt require changes. Ain't broke, dont fix it.

And no ESO isn't dead. That's an absurd statement.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no ESO isn't dead. That's an absurd statement.

Facepalm. Can you read quoted text?
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The banker and the merchant are the only decent high priced items in the crown store. The value of the merchant is not in what she doesn't have. The value is in what she does have. 30% really doesn't matter when I end up in a good PUG and everyone wants to stay together for other vet pledges but my inventory is full of non-set gear and other low value junk. The same when farming alik'r for jewelry at Summerset launch.

I sub when new content drops and I was at 11000 crowns with 15 characters and the banker. There was nothing left to spend money on except CC and the DLC dungeons. I'll wait for a CC sale and I'm not going to pay for dungeons. I could either continue to sit on the crowns, or by a merchant that improves inventory management greatly. I am amazing that people complain about the value of the merchant for 5500 crowns when people spend 4k all the time for mount skins that do nothing.

Either being able to sell stuff on the fly has value to you or it doesn't. Stuff you wish the merchant did is irrelevant.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    You can either add the buy/ repair functions and justify the 5 k crowns cost or lower it's value to half the price.

5.000 crowns for a mere walking dump, seriously...

If they did that, then WHO would buy their Crown repairs? You forget they have accountants who actually look at Repair sales and consider how much they would be losing by adding repairs to Merchant. Plus, the devs have already stated the REASON they didn't add these things is because they didn't want to make towns 'irrelevant'. This is more so for the banker and not having Guild Trader, since Merchants can be found outside of towns.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, those who complain are clearly not people who carry multiple sets... I have a gear set for soloing dolemens, one for public dungeons, another for quests, and another for tanking World Bosses. Typically my inventory is about 70 with gear that I carry. Plus, being a solo quester, I quest all day long... and while you can 'usually' find a merchant walking down the road- when my inventory is full... I don't want to have to deviate from my path to actively look for one, or wayshrine into town. It amazes me how people do not equate the 'time is money' aspect... but then again they probably don't spend 10+ hours three to four days per week in the game like I do... so running around trying to find a merchant is a big waste of my time.

If people actually took how much time they have spent in the game and how much time savings they'd receive by having a portal banker and merchant, they would see that the 5K each is a drop in the bucket considering how much time they would save over the life of the game. But, if your a player who spends little time in the game, has a lot of time to waste doing mundane things like looking for merchants, then I can see how you'd think 5K is too much.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    If people actually took how much time they have spent in the game and how much time savings they'd receive by having a portal banker and merchant, they would see that the 5K each is a drop in the bucket considering how much time they would save over the life of the game. But, if your a player who spends little time in the game, has a lot of time to waste doing mundane things like looking for merchants, then I can see how you'd think 5K is too much.

What makes the merchant a no-brainer is if you don't care about cosmetics and sub even semi-regularly. Eventually you have a stack of crowns just sitting there. I am not interested in porting to town to clear some space in inventory and I have enough gold to not waste that time for the sake of 30%. I would even consider using the smuggler if not for the achievement for fencing goods in different zones. Porting to town isn't even an option if I am in a group dungeon or doing multiple pledges with a group.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on August 9, 2018 2:57PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best 5k crowns that I've ever spent
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use mine even in the city sometimes next to a fixed merchant. 5k crown for this simplified merchant is expensive true, but after 2 year it is 100 crown/ month, and after 4 years it is 50crown/month. So if you feel that this is your MMO then I think she will save more then 5k worth time.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, you'll be happy when they will sell you just an air for 10k crowns. Perfect customers (not a humans, btw)

I didn't summoned my merchant once since I've bought it... well, it was once - just to realize HOW useless she is. I would be happy to return her back for my 5k crowns. And yes, "just another horse skin" is FAR more useful, than this nonsense. At least it's cheaper and has some showoff capability, rather than just nothing.

Number of my characters you can see in the my signature. Most of them have 70-90 slots busied with different staff. And I'm constantly farming trials, dungeons and just overland.
    Just imagine, I didn't used that merchant at all!
    Banker - as I said, is useful, so do not talk about him.

The thread is about MERCHANT and she is NOT worth of 5k crowns.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    why do people keep saying 30 percent? That penalty is the smuggler not the merchant.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I am amazing that people complain about the value of the merchant for 5500 crowns when people spend 4k all the time for mount skins that do nothing.
    This is actually a really good point. That being said, a merchant NPC should sell something. Maybe not repair kits (or have repair functionality) but there's got to be something else you could buy on rare occasion. Fishing bait maybe? A basic food and/or drink? Something...

PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically, you find the banker useful, or you don't. Clearly, many find her useful. OP and may others don't. To each his/her own. There are good reasons people have for buying her and there are good reasons people have for not buying her.

I haven't purchased her yet, but not because she doesn't repair or sell stuff (seriously, does anyone actually buy the basic stuff these merchants sell?). I've been waiting to see if they're ever going to release the premium merchant. I know they confirmed at the time the premium versions were datamined that they would function the same, but just look different. But, if it doesn't cost that much more than Nuzimeh, I might get the premium one since I don't really like the way she looks.

Also, I have the banker, so inventory is never a problem, so being able to sell on the fly hasn't been as big of a deal for me since I can dump stuff in the bank. If I did lots of PvE, then I'd probably get her.

And saying she does nothing is ludicrous - she buys your stuff!
  • ashkir
    ashkir
    Thanks everyone. I bought the Banker Instead. With all my extra bank spots, I would rather go and deconstruct all my extra trash and return to the city every now/than instead of having a useless merchant. The banker at least gives me ability to farm longer, so I can use my crafting up later.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Repair kits (purchased at guild traders) are a fraction of the cost of repairing at merchants. If you are still repairing at merchants then you have no business complaining about the cost of something. There is even an add-on that automatically repairs your gear with those cheap repair kits. Learn 2 play buddy.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like her mostly as a decoration for my houses :lol: I do think that she costs far too much for what she is, however.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »
    Repair kits (purchased at guild traders) are a fraction of the cost of repairing at merchants. If you are still repairing at merchants then you have no business complaining about the cost of something. There is even an add-on that automatically repairs your gear with those cheap repair kits. Learn 2 play buddy.

Which add-on do you refer to? I scanned esoui and found several that repair when visiting the vendors, but none mention the use of kits.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • fokusnik
    fokusnik
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the Merchant become a real merchant and sell the kind of things that a merchant sells. I would also think it is cool if I can post a few items I would like to sell in my merchant so when I'm in a group or people are at my home then they can buy my goods through my merchant. Maybe I want to sell food/drink items or XP potions, etc. Right now the Merchant is useful to unload junk, but the functionality is really limited and I would agree the asking price is steep for what you can do. Improvements are needed.

PS Asking for improvements to an item is not asking for it to be removed, so if you like the Merchant why wouldn't you support it being made better?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I am amazing that people complain about the value of the merchant for 5500 crowns when people spend 4k all the time for mount skins that do nothing.
    This is actually a really good point. That being said, a merchant NPC should sell something. Maybe not repair kits (or have repair functionality) but there's got to be something else you could buy on rare occasion. Fishing bait maybe? A basic food and/or drink? Something...

Yes, that is a good point. However, I am racking my brain trying to remember the last time I bought anything from a vendor in this game. I think it was sometime in May 2014....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »
    Which add-on do you refer to? I scanned esoui and found several that repair when visiting the vendors, but none mention the use of kits.

It is either Autorecharge or autocharge... it is on minion and not sure if it is updated for 4.0, but it mostly works fine, it defaults to the lowest level repair kit in your inventory. It also recharges your weapon enchants!