Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grimhallow's PvP Tips and Tricks for Stamina Nightblade: The Complete Series

Grimhallow
Grimhallow
✭✭✭
Heyo,

So in lieu of questions I have been getting, I decided to make a small series of PvP tutorial videos to help stamblades who feel like they are struggling open world. I have a feeling that many of these tips will be applicable to any newer PvP player, but I am demonstrating the principles and practices on a stamblade. If you are new, or just curious about anything, please feel free to leave a question and I will do my best to answer it.

If you're an experienced player, please leave some advice on what your best tips for successfully doing damage are, as I am sure there is a large portion of the community that struggles in this area.

This game has a huge learning curve, and there are not many systems in the game to train players through the process of going from a bow-tard to a leet 1vX player. So I am happy to do anything I can to help players drop snipe, and pick up some legitimate damage combos!

I've decided to simply update this thread with new additions instead of posing a new discussion every time. That way they can all be in one place. Thanks!

Edited by Grimhallow on April 13, 2020 11:38PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this!

Two cents to your dollar. If I'm not ganking I kite and keep a steady line of light attacks (which are critting over 3k in cp, 2500 in no cp) + poison inject spam, leading to a focus aim + spectral bow (these should land simultaneously and have tooltips of about 18k each ) + Ambush bash cancel incap. there aren't many who can withstand this combo and I'm not using masters bow, either. Sometimes i have selenes on there too which often procs upon the incap.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    all you need to do is run merciless resolve front bar and pair it with incap. ez 24k burst no LA weave in non cp...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive had a pretty good measure of success over the years on stam DK, stamina Templar, stamina sorc, stamina warden, magicka NB, magicka Templar and magicka sorc. I’m obvisouly not great at all of them but even the classes I don’t play often I can still manage with just due to having learned the game to a pretty good extent. Stamina NB? Not even close lol. I simply fail to be able to play that class acceptably. I understand it’s strong and lots of people love it, but I always feel like a wet noodle even with hundings and spriggans. Maybe it’s the lag from Asia when this needs precision to play well, but I really can’t get into it.
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided to simply update this thread with new additions instead of posing a new discussion every time. That way they can all be in one place. I am now up to episode 5. Thanks for everyone who has supported the videos, and engaged by asking amazing questions or offering other players additional tips and advice. I really appreciate it!
    Edited by Grimhallow on August 8, 2018 7:51PM
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    This is gold!

Must download a copy:)

• Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    Haha thank you, I appreciate it. Feel free to tell your friends that xD
  • agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭
    I find if confronting a tight stack of grouped players, on a bridge or a keep door/flag etc,On my bowblade, as I run in I drop a meteor then spam bombard all over em, seeing em all rooted and unable to move out of it is hilarious,then they die.
    Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For increased survivability use a defending bow, and slot temporal guard as your ult on your back bar.

Don't Incap after ambushing, people expect that.

Unless it's a 1v1 place your shade behind a structure before engaging. If you're being chased, have people run past your shade then teleport behind them.

Mix up your strategy. Everyone expects an Incap after an ambush or a heavy attack.

When fighting a DK they'll keep their wings up if you stay on the offensive. Allow them to drop their guard by going defensive. Once they get tunnel vision, and go offensive they'll let their guard down, and still let harness and wings expire. That's when you Incap + Spectral Bow.

When doing BGs:

Flag Games: use Piercing Mark for extra healing while holding the ball/relic. Use Soul Siphon to keep you or the ball/relic holder alive. It's a game changer.

Land grab: use Bolstering Darkness on the flag with your team. It'll definitely give the team an edge.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey Grim, are you the one that was running in that lil DC 3 man that was trying to get his shade to tbag me when y’all xv1ed me.

YES! I hate telled your buddy that struck the killing blow (RV-Somebody). And when he told me what you were trying to do I thought it was HILARIOUS.

He was cool. We messaged for a while. When y’all got zerged down in the tower and he was dead on the steps I told him he was too cool to tbag.

If that was you (and y’all), y’all are running it right in Cyrodiil. Keep up the good work. If that wasn’t you well never mind lol.
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    I am that rockstar xD
    I think I pulled it off too! First we outplay you 3v1 ;), then we outplay you by getting a shade to teabag the guy you killed while I bag you. The meta double shade bag is going to be back in style once I perfect it.
    And yes, Kv7 is a cool guy, but nobody is above a double shade t-bag- next time you should get him back xD

It was actually earlier that night: I survived a doube mageblade zaan/mark gank using a detect pot so they couldn't sneak off, and after I killed them I did one solitary bag and said "Boop!" IRL. He messaged me saying "It's just disappointing to see a youtuber bagging me".

I felt SO BAD- because of course on my end it's all in good fun- i'm just not a salty guy AND HE KNEW WHO I WAS AND HAD WATCHED MY VIDEOS. The chances of that happening are so slim atm that it totally caught me off guard.

But we chatted for a bit longer, and I told him that I had perfected the art of double bagging with a shade. I guess one of his friends does that too, and I think that made him realize that it's all for fun with me and now we are best friends.
    Edited by Grimhallow on August 10, 2018 10:25PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimick wrote: »
    I am that rockstar xD
    I think I pulled it off too! First we outplay you 3v1 ;), then we outplay you by getting a shade to teabag the guy you killed while I bag you. The meta double shade bag is going to be back in style once I perfect it.
    And yes, Kv7 is a cool guy, but nobody is above a double shade t-bag- next time you should get him back xD

It was actually earlier that night: I survived a doube mageblade zaan/mark gank using a detect pot so they couldn't sneak off, and after I killed them I did one solitary bag and said "Boop!" IRL. He messaged me saying "It's just disappointing to see a youtuber bagging me".

I felt SO BAD- because of course on my end it's all in good fun- i'm just not a salty guy AND HE KNEW WHO I WAS AND HAD WATCHED MY VIDEOS. The chances of that happening are so slim atm that it totally caught me off guard.

But we chatted for a bit longer, and I told him that I had perfected the art of double bagging with a shade. I guess one of his friends does that too, and I think that made him realize that it's all for fun with me and now we are best friends.

Yup I think you DID pull it off lol! I was like WHY are these people tbagging me? Lol. I’m gonna message that guy who landed the KB and find out.

RV7 explained. He was cool and I realized it WAS all good fun and I cracked up.

Sadly, I run a MagDk and don’t have a shade so I can’t get him back!
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    Haha sucks to suck. It won't be long until we hear calls to nerf broken OP nightblade teabag potential.

Just think, a 24 man raid of all nightblades could bag 48 people concurrently. This tyranny must be stopped.
    Edited by Grimhallow on August 10, 2018 10:53PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimick wrote: »
    Haha sucks to suck. It won't be long until we hear calls to nerf broken OP nightblade teabag potential.

Just think, a 24 man raid of all nightblades could bag 48 people concurrently. This tyranny must be stopped.

Well stay up late. Head down to Sej and double tbag that TKG AD Zerg hehehehe. They could use it, shades and all :p lol.
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    Updated with my latest PvP Tips and Tricks videos. I hope these are informative and helpful!