The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMA bugs

Troneon
Troneon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am consistently getting these bugs on every round
  • Skills not working or delayed sometimes delayed animations or just plain stuck with break free sometimes not even working also, not related to lag
  • Character stuck in heavy attack but not actually used heavy attack at all, this has got me killed many times now, my character will start charging up a heavy attack and NOTHING will bring him out of it, you can't use any other skill while they are stuck in heavy attack you never even asked for. Then dead because it's basically a stun at that point, this is the worst bug.
  • Invisible attacks from enemies resulting in perma stun or instant death, this could be lag but it happens ALL THE TIME, animations bug out completely, then you get hit from nothing and just fall on the floor, one shot by invisible attacks or perma stunned even with cc immunity....

These bugs are on almost every single round but due to mechanics seem worse on certain one's, almost to the point they make the content unplayable and block you from progressing.

I have completed vMA many times but these are the most consistent progress blocker bugs I have come across. The stuck in heavy attack animation is the most annoying.
PC EU AD
Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • AgentOrangeR
    I've had the heavy attack issue also with WBs. But the biggest bug is when I die due to L2P not proc'ing :pensive:
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, HA bug was a problem, when its up, i change to LA immediately,..
    Zos is too busy on dlc and crown store, they have no time to review the old content :)
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heavy attack one is awful, not being able to reapply my ward because I was stuck in HA has killed me loads of times. I've had the invisible attack thing too, on the Rink of Frozen Blood I died several times to the boss's melee attack despite the fact that it was clearly on the other side of the arena fighting one of my pets. Also not attacking at all, just doing that weird thing where you wiggle your staff about. Not hitting the enemy I'm actually aiming at, which is a real problem in the Vault of Umbrage when I end up killing the wrong Minder. It also takes me several key presses to put down my ultimate, I have to smack that button like a mad thing, and sometimes it still doesn't go off so I just die in disgust.

I will acknowledge that 99.9% of the time my death is my own fault and sometimes just really irritating mechanics that I need to learn to deal with, but these bugs do exist and make this harder than it should be imo.
    PC EU & NA
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree on the HA thing; Joy's Guide for Maelstrom Arena mentions that lag seems to be get worst the longer you're within the Arena instance/s. For me there are some times where the lag is pronounced, but I've been lucky in that it doesn't get to the point where it is causing my death, but it can be very annoying.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s two other bugs I’m getting. This happened on two different characters. Ulti’s not working. When I pop my ulti(had it happen with destro ult and flawless dawnbreaker) it does not go off but resets my ulti number to zero. Second issue and it’s a big one, last round final boss sometimes don’t port up. He will be in center like he is going to but won’t, keeps firing off his attacks on me, clanfear doesn’t spawn to activate portal. Very annoying.
    Edited by XxCaLxX on August 10, 2018 11:40AM
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    XxCaLxX wrote: »
    There’s two other bugs I’m getting. This happened on two different characters. Ulti’s not working. When I pop my ulti(had it happen with destro ult and flawless dawnbreaker) it does not go off but resets my ulti number to zero. Second issue and it’s a big one, last round final boss sometimes don’t port up. He will be in center like he is going to but won’t, keeps firing off his attacks on me, clanfear doesn’t spawn to activate portal. Very annoying.

That's weird, can you still damage him?
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came across a bug for the first time, an immortal archer spawned in the Vault of Umbridge that stuck around until the boss showed up. Didn't think to report it.
  • NeoPhoenix
    I've had:
    - Venomcallers go walkabout from their spawn pads, becoming immune to direct damage in the process. Only aoe damage kills them.
    - Loading screens mid fight.
    - Archers firing off in random directions in instead of at me (I like this bug can we keep it?)
    - Feels like I'm getting more leiminids in the frozen arena
    - Also had the visuals for the ice platforms disappear after a res. So it looks like they havn't respawned when in fact they have but are now invisible.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeoPhoenix wrote: »
    Venomcallers go walkabout from their spawn pads, becoming immune to direct damage in the process. Only aoe damage kills them.

This is easily my least favorite glitch in vMA. I am hyper vigilant about making sure that I spot and murder those *** before they can start summoning their doom shrooms, but that's a damn difficult task when they are either invisible, or teleport somewhere else. When vMA works properly, I find myself enjoying the challenge. When this *** happens I just turn the game off and do something more enjoyable.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    VMA still suffers under a lot of bugs since the arena was released. My personal favorite is the fire stages's Dremora with its fire ultimate that gets the out-of-position bug and cannot be attacked, interrupted etc. Apparently the place you see the enemy on your screen is not the same place the server considers that foe to be. I can also agree on the performance decrease related to the time you spend in that zone but also that's true for almost all the content in ESO. The longer you are in, the more lag- and glitch-happy things become.

On top of this and the many other bugs VMA plaguing for years comes the overall performance issue of the game in its current barely playable state.

The whole server-client performance bottleneck is needless for VMA because this instance does not even need to run on the servers. Being a 100% solo activity, it should reside on the client of the game, not on the servers. There should be no online interaction interfering with the game experience, at least on cheat-proof console clients. It could even run during downtimes of the game because, I named it, it's nothing you need the servers for.

Then again, we have not seen any improvement for VMA during last year's events (with fairly detailed in-depth bug descriptions) so don't expect anything in the upcoming years. As frustrating as things are, we need to get used to the mindset that nothing gets improved unless proven otherwise. Sorry for the negativity but it is how it is.